Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The Miniseries sucked sorry. Id be shocked if anyone agreed with that silly statement!
    For anyone who first saw the miniseries in the last 10 years or so, I understand this, but I'm curious what people who saw it at the time thought about it at the time (I don't know how many people on TDT saw it when it aired, but I would be stunned if the initial reaction among that group wasn't quite positive).
    When I read/hear what people thought of the mini-series in 1990, usually those who were kids at the time liked it, while King fans who were already adults back then thought it was quite lame.

Anyway, there's room for both adaptations to be bad. Both omit the back and forth structure of the book and opt to divide it into part 1: the kids and part 2: the adults. But the book's interwoven structure is what makes it's themes work and justifies why we can experience both confrontations without it (and the rest of the adult parts) feeling repetitive. This needs to be a 10-16 episode event series to adapt it properly. I like chapter 1, but it feels so rushed. It doesn't have time to let the character development and creepiness breathe, and doesn't feel like the story takes place over an entire summer.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    When I read/hear what people thought of the mini-series in 1990, usually those who were kids at the time liked it, while King fans who were already adults back then thought it was quite lame.
    I was 21 and liked it.

Both omit the back and forth structure of the book and opt to divide it into part 1: the kids and part 2: the adults.
    The miniseries did use some of the technique of framing child scenes with brief adult scenes, and although part 2 was mainly adult, at least it flowed and made sense.

This needs to be a 10-16 episode event series to adapt it properly.
    Halle-fucking-lujah; I just fear I won’t live long enough to see another adaptation.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably BS : a journalist claims that King is writing a sequel to IT
    Apparently, this person would have gave some scoops about movies in the past
    > https://twitter.com/Vullein/status/1283113699654406145

Wegotthiscovered claims that an intel of them says that there is a Chapter 3 in the works
    > https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...y-development/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Wegotthiscovered claims that an intel of them says that there is a Chapter 3 in the works
    I know there was a reference to Pennywise in the novel Dreamcatcher implying that even in the SK universe Pennywise wasn't really dead. But if they make a sequel to the movies, the characters would be in their 50's or 60's when he makes his return. That doesn't seem to make sense. It would have to be a whole new group of people.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Id ask for three things before he quits:

A DT story.. one more.. a final one. A new 'spin of the wheel' so to speak.
    The final chapter of Talisman.
    And ok, OK.... I will take a final IT.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only thing I'd want out of those is a third Jack Sawyer book. I think DT and IT are done, and I'm fine with that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    The only thing I'd want out of those is a third Jack Sawyer book. I think DT and IT are done, and I'm fine with that.
    Fair enough... I would lean a bit your way on IT but... I have always been intrigued with another DT book. Battle of Jerhico!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Fair enough... I would lean a bit your way on IT but... I have always been intrigued with another DT book. Battle of Jerhico!
    Didn't you ask him about it at a signing? I was so confident we were gonna get SOMETHING last year, being 19 and all.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd have to agree with, Ricky but I see compromise in seeking a short story on Jericho Hill. How's that for ya, Kris?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it’s likely bullshit. If there was any serious evidence it would have been covered elsewhere.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Didn't you ask him about it at a signing? I was so confident we were gonna get SOMETHING last year, being 19 and all.
    His answer was very firm and adamant that we are getting another one... so... yeah I thought last year made sense to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Last year I got a news about one book that King was planning and I can't think of anything else.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's best to let sleeping dogs lie. Otherwise, I believe we'd all end up sorely disappointed.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Last year I got a news about one book that King was planning and I can't think of anything else.
    DT related?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I am just wondering if there really are going to be directors cuts or that super cut for IT and IT part 2. I have yet to buy them because I am not buying them twice.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I won’t buy them once...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Yes
    I just had an accident...
    I agree I'd love another turn of the wheel but I fear another IT would be to much...I'd like another firestarter..

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cbr.com/lovecraft-countr...ephen-king-it/
    HBO's Lovecraft Country wrapped up its first season last week, telling the story of Atticus Freeman and his magical crusade against the villainous Christina Braithwhite. Showrunner Misha Green revealed what other projects she'd like to work on outside of the Lovecraft sphere, including an adaptation of Stephen King's It.

One of Green's other current projects is a Cleopatra Jones update, prompting The Hollywood Reporter to ask what other horror remakes she'd like to tackle. Green replied, "I'm still very much excited about making Cleopatra Jones a female Black Bond. But I would love to do a limited series of Stephen King's It. It's my favorite novel of all time, but it's such a thick book that you need time to sit with every character and really get into their fear. You could do a two-hour movie, but imagine a seven-season It. And something with vampires. We need new vampires."

The interviewer and Green mused that the Twilight craze of 2008 saturated the genre for the while. Green insisted that her ideal vampire isn't quite Twilight. She said, "Yeah, we need Interview With the Vampire vampires. Imagine a multicultural Interview With the Vampire. What does that look like from all those different angles going through centuries of American history?"

Despite these ambitious plans and a successful first season of an HBO show under her belt, Green says she hasn't yet had "noteworthy cold calls." She replied, "That's not happening, no. It's an interesting and strange time for the business. People aren't sure when movies and stuff will be coming back in a way that's viable. I think that's part of it. Also, there's just a lot of shit going on in the world."

Though Lovecraft Country often made headlines, there is no clear word on if the show will receive a second season. Green herself has played coy with the topic, hinting that if one comes, she has some ideas in store.

Executive produced by Jordan Peele, Yann Demange and J.J. Abrams, Lovecraft Country stars Jurnee Smollett, Jonathan Majors, Aunjanue Ellis, Abbey Lee, Jada Harris, Wunmi Mosaku and Michael Kenneth Williams, with Courtney B. Vance, Jamie Chung, Jamie Neumann, Jordan Patrick Smith and Tony Goldwyn. The full first season is available to stream on HBO Max.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. No more sparkly vamps. We need The Lost Boys vamps, but not as campy. Or even better, 30 Days of Night vamps or 'Salem's Lot vamps. Where we are solely a food source. Not the next baby daddy.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Adapt "American Vampires"!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Adapt "American Vampires"!
    This! THIS!

American Vampire it's a great comic.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More than two seasons of ‘It’ would be overkill.

And if they ever did adapt it again I would like to see a strict adaptation of the book. The movies were too loose. But at this point it’s too soon for another one.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Pennywise spotted in the Space Jam trailer.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Hallmark is releasing an official Pennywise ornament.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091ZHBL1F

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 LastLast