Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

One thing that I wasn't crazy about was how they relegated Beverly to the "damsel in distress" archetype at the end. I think it would've been a bolder choice if they'd had Stan be the one who was taken, and that Stan was the one who saw the deadlights, and that when the second cycle starts up, he remembers everything and he kills himself. It also pairs marvelously with the theme that Stan is the only one of the kids who actively left his boyhood behind (by taking his bar mitzvah and becoming a man), and as such he was the one to turn his back on the magic and wonder of childhood.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Turns out HuffPo doesn't like this It - I guess that means it sucks and we should all shut up and go home, right? I mean, a trusted and verified "source" like that and all...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I really enjoyed this movie! Pennywise is creepy AF and I thought the kids were great... kinda had a "Stand by Me" feel with the kids.
    Can't wait for Chapter 2!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just didn't think Pennywise was very interesting. There are some great FX but i didn't feel any inkling of creepiness beyond maybe (maybe) the initial scene. I felt he was very detached from any emotional connection. Pennywise was just a fancy looking prop in many aspects. I think they missed the mark a bit. Regardless I really enjoyed the movie and felt it was a giant overall step up from the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I really enjoyed this movie! Pennywise is creepy AF and I thought the kids were great... kinda had a "Stand by Me" feel with the kids.
    Can't wait for Chapter 2!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not one single scary moment for me. That is not a good sign for a major horror film based on one of Stephen King's best works. I liked Richie and Bev but the rest were essentially background. The kids in the 1990 version were way better. Where the hell was The Barrens? All the trick shots to supposedly scare us were fails. Pennywise constantly attacking really fast. Not effective. All the scenes used for the trailers were less effective in the actual movie. Pennywise says Beep-Beep to Richie yet he never says it himself. Odd. Beverly's father was creepy and well done. All the other monsters were laughably bad. Both in their actions and the makeup FX. Bowers and his gang were horribly cast and awful in the film. Music was boring. I liked some of the direction so I'll be happy if the same director does chapter two. Final thought: not great. Better than Cell and Dark Tower but that's not saying much.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got back from seeing IT with my 15 year-old daughter and her friend. My daughter had just finished reading IT, while her friend has yet to read IT. I did not find the film scary at all, and only mildly tense, while my daughter found it tense throughout; her friend, on the other hand was mildly terrified throughout. My point is that those of us who are so intimately connected to the novel were bound to be let down by the lack of frights. The film, however, was a most enjoyable to watch. Kind of like an amped up Stand By Me. I loved it, as did my daughter, her friend, and the crowd applauded the very ending. Overall, I was really pleased. Can't wait for Chapter 2. 8.5/10 for me.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny. Me and my wife said the same thing. We liked the few scenes but wanted much more.

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Where the hell was The Barrens?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got out of seeing It. Liked it a lot but didn't love it. A solid A still. The kids were all very good, especially Richie and Bev. Sophia indeed was a revelation, perfect casting and she had to do so much. Part 2 can't come soon enough. Speaking of which:

https://1428elm.com/2017/09/09/steph...cially-coming/
    We were thinking IT would be massive……but this film isn’t clowning around.

According to Variety, the Pennywise picture is selling out theaters across the globe. Although experts originally projecting $50M, and then $60M, the Stephen King adaptation is set to rake in $103M over three days — three times its budget.

Playing on 4,130 screens in America alone, the film’s making unprecedented money. The weekend take puts the film as the best opening since July’s Spider-man: Homecoming. On top of that, it’s now the fifth best opening of the year. Which is impressive as the four bigger openers all carry a budget five times the horror hit.

Made for only $35M, audiences are now officially getting a Chapter 2 after helping change the landscape of current cinema. While some outlets, including THR, were reporting the sequel is coming, the film’s ticket take is solidifying the future of the Derry saga. So don’t worry Losers’ Club, IT’s coming (love puns…sue me).

It’s also being reported Andy Muschietti is awaiting a return to the director’s chain. Some of the cast is waiting on deals as well, with casting on adult roles is expected shortly. But make no mistake, with the insane amount of money the adaptation is making, Chapter 2 is getting what it needs.

IT stars Bill Skarsgĺrd, Jaeden Lieberher and Finn Wolfhard. Andy Muschietti directs a script by Chase Palmer and Cary Fukunaga. KatzSmith Productions, Lin Pictures and RatPac-Dune Entertainment produces, with New Line Cinema distributing. The adaptation is now playing everywhere.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Chapter 2 will have the risks.... AND the big money for actors and effects. 2019 they are saying and I can't wait. Just got my tickets for 3rd viewing. Disappointed to hear some of the big King collectors here weren't as happy as I was with it though... I really thought King fans would have loved it universally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Freaking awesome film!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...lion-worldwide
    New Line Cinema‘s IT is a monster, earning an incredible $117.2 million this weekend from 4,103 domestic theaters, an average of $28,552 per location. The long list of records for this impressive opening include: it’s the largest opening ever for a horror movie; the largest 3-day opening weekend for an R-rated movie; the 3rd-largest opening in 2017; the largest opening for a September movie (beating Hotel Transylvania 2‘s $48.5 million); the largest IMAX opening weekend ($7 million) for a movie in September and a horror movie; the largest number of locations for an R-rated movie; and it’s the largest opening weekend ever for New Line. The $13.5 million IT earned at Thursday previews was the largest Thursday pre-show ever for a horror movie, the largest for an R-rated movie (beating Deadpool‘s $12.7 million), the largest pre-show for a September release, and the biggest for New Line.

IT cost about $35 million to make and received a B+ CinemaScore from audiences. Approximately 175 theaters are closed this weekend in Florida due to Hurricane Irma. Florida typically represents about 5.5 – 6.5% of the domestic gross.

Internationally, IT earned has earned $62 million from 10,665 screens in 46 markets, which is the biggest opening ever for a horror film. The worldwide total is already at $179.2 million. The top international markets were the UK with $12.3 million, Russia with $6.7 million, Australia with $5.9 million, Brazil with $5.6 million, Korea with $4.3 million and Spain with $3.1 million.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$117 million... wow. And Florida had 175 theatres closed. Blows me away. I read somewhere that the director of IT may get a shot of doing the Stand... would love that.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    $117 million... wow. And Florida had 175 theatres closed. Blows me away. I read somewhere that the director of IT may get a shot of doing the Stand... would love that.

They're remaking The Stand?
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've got a mate who asked me if he reckons they'll still be showing It next month because he'd like to watch it on Friday the 13th.

Bless him, but I don't really want to wait that long.

I'm glad that most of the reviews seem to be positive. I read one review on another site where the person absolutely hated it, (more so than the most negative reviewers here, seems to*) so it just goes to show the difference in opinion, but it seems to be doing excellently well overall.

*He incidentally loved the mini-series. I'm very fond of it (It?) too, but I think I'll probably like this as well. There isn't much that I really dislike though. I really liked The Dark Tower for example which most on here don't seem keen on at all, yet strangely I agree with some of their issues.

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty good casting choices here for Chapter Two:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/it-se...they-cast.html

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved it. Was awesomely fun. I liked the "Stand By Me" feel and the humor all through the movie was great.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Great film!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The movie hasnt been released yet in all countries (eg : France) and it has already done 177M in worldwide release through a weekend!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

So there may be a few different versions of the bluray when It comes to stores.
    Here's the first to appear on Amazon:
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, I like that... The sewer tunnel looks almost three dimensional as if it's sinking into the DVD case.... *

* Probably my imagination running away with me there...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's awesome. I'm really dying to see a pic of them all in the theater though

Also the weekend estimate keeps going up. It's now up to $123 million.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    So there may be a few different versions of the bluray when It comes to stores.
    Here's the first to appear on Amazon:
    Any release date?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    That's awesome. I'm really dying to see a pic of them all in the theater though

Also the weekend estimate keeps going up. It's now up to $123 million.
    Dont forget that this was only the US. I've read 170M+ for a worldwide release, even though some territories arent covered yet.

I will see the movie tomorrow night, therefore about a week before the official release here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast