Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Fundraiser Grand Prize (King Inscribed Book) and Rules Announcement

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2014 Fundraiser Grand Prize (King Inscribed Book) and Rules Announcement

The 2014 Fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation kicked off January 1st and will run through May 19, 2014.
    Last year we raised $12,066! Our goal this year is $12,500.

We are streamlining this year’s event to make it easier to manage and hopefully increase the donation total.
    Several book dealers have already committed to donating things that will either be used as giveaways, or auctioned off-we are hoping for more once this official announcement is posted.

100% of the net proceeds from all cash, check, Paypal gift donations and Ebay auctions will be forwarded to The Haven Foundation. (Ebay ad insertion, commission and shipping fees are the only expenses that will be paid from the Gross proceeds).

Every person who donates $10 or more, or donates an item used for auction or giveaway will receive one entry into our giveaway*. Items for the giveaway have yet to be finalized, but rest assured they will be really exciting and cool! Please use the donation "widget" that is atop each forum page.

Stephen King has kindly agreed to personalize one of his books to our Grand Prize Winner!**

Personal Paypal donations must be noted as a “Gift” so that Paypal does not take a commission.
    The Paypal address is Zoidsmith@aol.com.

Checks must be made out to Jerome Smith (Please don’t make them out to The Haven Foundation as I will have to forward them and they won’t count towards our fund-raising total) and mailed to:

The Haven Foundation Fundraiser
    C/O Jerome Smith
    PM me for address

Last years Grand Prize winner received an inscribed Gift Edition of IT
    :

* Small print here:
    Drawing Clarification

** Actual title to be determined by TheDarkTower.org

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rage!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Rage!
    No Chance. King would not promote that book.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Rage!
    No Chance. King would not promote that book.
    A member on here got King to inscribe her copy of Rage a few weeks ago.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. I'm guessing a Doctor Sleep or The Shining gift edition.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Very cool. I'm guessing a Doctor Sleep or The Shining gift edition.
    Those are distinct possibilities.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to have accidentally locked thread.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to see that, Stevie came through!!!!

Now let's hit that donate button!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is really cool of him to do that. Does he ever go on the site here? How did he know to help out the cause by doing that for a member who wins the grand price?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That is really cool of him to do that. Does he ever go on the site here? How did he know to help out the cause by doing that for a member who wins the grand price?
    Because, Jerome is...

TMIDITW!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
    The Most Interesting Director in the World
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Since King's said he's not doing any signings for Mr. Mercedes, I'd like to see a signed trade edition of that one!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Since King's said he's not doing any signings for Mr. Mercedes, I'd like to see a signed trade edition of that one!

John
    That's a very good idea. Don't quote me, but in the past I believe he has allowed us to choose the book and inscription (more or less). So, if you win it you may be able to call it. Jerome, would have better info in that regard though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is awesome news. I hope this is a great year for the fundraiser and wish everyone luck on the drawing.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    This is awesome news. I hope this is a great year for the fundraiser and wish everyone luck on the drawing.
    You're very kind and generous, but fuck it I would like to win it for once!!! I've been doing this for many years and haven't won "squat"!!!! I for one hope that will change this year!! LOL Okay, "rant" concluded!! LOL J/K

Good luck to ALL the wonderful contributors!!!

Spoiler:
    I have to get all my "LOL's" outta my system before 2/1/14 or I am in for a BIG payday!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah ah! My turn this year! lol

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly just hope the book stays in the DT.org family...

Spoiler:
    as long as it's not Ari, James, Bill, George, or anyone else besides me.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pulling for us girls. Mix it up a bit
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    I think this is an excellent idea for the reason John has listed.

Since there are probably over 1,500 signed copies of Doctor Sleep floating around out there, I would hope that is not the choice.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

John

Since there are probably over 1,500 signed copies of Doctor Sleep floating around out there, I would hope that is not the choice.
    I agree. However, he usually takes like forever to finally sign the damn thing and forward it on. I know he is a busy guy just saying that intentionally delaying the signature may cause additional delays in receiving it back. Taking longer may be okay with most folks IDK just saying is all (I'm bored ).

Thinking about it a bit, wouldn't it be really cool of him to sign a proof of "Revival" and deliver pre-release? Probably will not happen, but it's fun to speculate.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

John

I don't believe there are 1,500 inscribed Gift Editions of Doctor Sleep out there. Same goes with an inscribed Gift edition of The Shining.
    However, an inscribed dated Mr. Mercedes would be tres cool; especially if dated before or close to 6/3/2014.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John

I don't believe there are 1,500 inscribed Gift Editions of Doctor Sleep out there. Same goes with an inscribed Gift edition of The Shining.
    However, an inscribed dated Mr. Mercedes would be tres cool; especially if dated before or close to 6/3/2014.
    Agreed. The cooler the better!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

John

I of course meant the U.S. trade edition of Doctor Sleep when I referred to the 1,500 signed copies.

If I had to rank my choices for the Grand Prize, they would be as follows (assuming recent releases were the only option):

1. Signed/Inscribed copy of the U.S trade 1st edition of Mr. Mercedes dated the day of release.
    2. Signed/Inscribed copy of the SubPress GE of The Shining.
    3. Signed/Inscribed copy of the CD GE of Doctor Sleep.
    4. Signed/Inscribed copy of the GE of Joyland.
    5. Signed/Inscribed copy of the CD slipcased edition of The Dark Man.
    6. Signed/Inscribed copy of the U.S. trade 1st edition of Doctor Sleep (ranked last due to the large quantity that exist out there).

Ultimately, I know I have no sway over what the prize is, but it is fun to speculate and discuss.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it was done last year, but I'd love an inscribed IT GE....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

John

I of course meant the U.S. trade edition of Doctor Sleep when I referred to the 1,500 signed copies.

If I had to rank my choices for the Grand Prize, they would be as follows (assuming recent releases were the only option):

1. Signed/Inscribed copy of the U.S trade 1st edition of Mr. Mercedes dated the day of release.
    2. Signed/Inscribed copy of the SubPress GE of The Shining.
    3. Signed/Inscribed copy of the CD GE of Doctor Sleep.
    4. Signed/Inscribed copy of the GE of Joyland.
    5. Signed/Inscribed copy of the CD slipcased edition of The Dark Man.
    6. Signed/Inscribed copy of the U.S. trade 1st edition of Doctor Sleep (ranked last due to the large quantity that exist out there).

Ultimately, I know I have no sway over what the prize is, but it is fun to speculate and discuss.
    As mentioned before, I am pretty sure that you can call your own edition. That's the way it normally works.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast