Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1433

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if it could interest you Alec, but when I saw abebooks sharing the following, I immediately thought of you.
    They are not signed though

"These were first official Lord of the Rings paperbacks to be published in the US. Ballantine printed them in 1965 after Ace had issued an unauthorized paperback edition. These humble softcovers were immensely popular at the time."

2 sets seems available : https://www.abebooks.com/book-search...j-r-r-tolkien/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you for highlighting these Jeremy, however I have been very strict with the parameters in which I collect Tolkien. There are so many variations of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, not to mention the other smaller books he published in his lifetime. I am not a completist and would rather have two copies of the same book in fine condition than variations in not such an acceptable state. Nonetheless thank you again for thinking of me, really appreciated. Best wishes with the King acquisitions. Alec.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Posting some new arrivals for Alec. A 1st edition signed of The Adventures of Tom Bombadil. Not a rare book, however certainly not that many signed. The “Miramar” is a country house hotel in Bournemouth and was a favourite place for Tolkien to visit.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This is an oil on board by the late Roger Garland, one of the better known Tolkien illustrators. This particular painting was destined to be the cover artwork for “Sauron Defeated”, however it was changed at the last minute. Surprisingly the replacement is still known as “Sauron Defeated II”. This is one of only two Tolkien originals that Roger and Linda Garland have ever sold. The other resides in a private museum in Switzerland.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Lovely!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you Becca.
    You can see more at:
    lakeside-gallery.com (The Art of Roger and Linda Garland).
    The collection of original Tolkien oil paintings, as Simon explained, has remained largely intact apart from two pieces, this being one of them. Strangely this is still referred to as “Sauron Defeated I”, whereas the piece finally chosen is indicated as “Sauron Defeated II”. However which way, I consider myself extremely fortunate to have one of them in my collection.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Poor Sauron.
    Couldn't they just have rehabilitated him?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That painting looks awesome.

Thank you Mike.
    Along with Becca it is heartening to find that people are still in awe of an artists ability to amaze and captivate, not only with the subject matter but in the technique in which it is portrayed.
    Much appreciated.

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! That is beautiful.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Original inspiring art is a valuable contribution to society.Congratulations on becoming the curator.
    It's in great hands.

Thank you to Jerome and Elliot.
    Your comments Jerome align exactly with how I view the importance of art in our lives.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Thank you Becca.
    You can see more at:
    lakeside-gallery.com (The Art of Roger and Linda Garland).
    The collection of original Tolkien oil paintings, as Simon explained, has remained largely intact apart from two pieces, this being one of them. Strangely this is still referred to as “Sauron Defeated I”, whereas the piece finally chosen is indicated as “Sauron Defeated II”. However which way, I consider myself extremely fortunate to have one of them in my collection.
    I much prefer the composition of the painting you acquired!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Posting some new arrivals for Alec. A 1st edition signed of The Adventures of Tom Bombadil. Not a rare book, however certainly not that many signed. The “Miramar” is a country house hotel in Bournemouth and was a favourite place for Tolkien to visit.

I love this, Truly amazing. I see and learn new things everyday!

Thanks Becca for the comparison, I felt exactly the same way as you.

Pleased you liked them Glen, as the saying goes, “everyday is a school day”!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

my visits to TDT are not complete until i scroll through your collection thread to see whats new, and todays visit certainly didn't disappoint. I never tire of seeing Tolkien's wonderful signature, and Sauron Defeated? breath-taking; an absolute treasure. thanks for allowing Simon to share it with us.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Thank you Surly, always a pleasure to share what comes along.
    The difficulty is the speed in which some of these collectibles are drying up, no longer available as they are locked into collections and do not reappear. It does not seem so long ago that signed first editions were in abundance, along with a lot of signed limiteds and lettereds. Not so now. Still I suppose it makes the acquisition that much more gratifying! (And a little more expensive).

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supersupersuperamazing !!!

Traveler autopsyroom4 is on a distinguished road

Amazing!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Posting this amazing new acquisition for Alec. Truly a holy grail item! Incredible condition for a book of this age, specially the page block. Hard to believe this book is 86 years old...

Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Amazing.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Historic and wonderful.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW..... thats unreal.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing book, looks better than my 5 year old copy!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast