Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1433

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Along the Path of the Beam averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what I like more - the custom tray case or the first edition! Many thanks indeed for sharing.
    Looking for:
    • American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis - First edition

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perfect!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have not yet seen a tray case made to look like a hardcover like that. It's stunning.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing. My goal to get to doing traycases with stamping like that. Beautiful work.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SUPERBEAUTIFUL traycase !!!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Outstanding!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you to those who commented on the tray case that Rich at Lyra’s Books produced for me.
    I appreciate that you are and always will be a lover of such items Jerome, obviously producing some wonderful pieces yourself.
    Chase, thank you for your observation, I am delighted as I am sure Rich will be with your comment.
    Brian, Frank, Garrell, Jon and Raj, many thanks indeed.
    For those who are familiar with Rowling, the book pictured in the tray case was purchased purely for the dust jacket, which is a 6th printing (I believe) and matches the laminated boards of the 1st edition exactly. So it is for protection purposes only. Not having seen any of these books or my other books for that matter, I am relying completely on images from other people.
    As always my heartfelt thanks to Simon for posting these images and the images of Rich at Lyra’s rebound Exorcist, 1st edition, signed, in ‘Other Collectible Authors’. This book is now sold.
    Stay safe and well,
    Alec

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New addition to Alec's collection...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Very nice looking edition.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice add!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the design and extra stuff done on this one. Congrats!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Very nice. Love the rock hammer.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you to Simon for posting these images (courtesy of Very Fine Books) and for our conversations during lockdown. I have really missed the three or four times a year when we actually met together for a lunch. It certainly seems a very odd 14 months since our last meeting.
    Also a thank you to Emmanuel at Very Fine Books, who ordered this on my behalf and has since shipped it forward to me. Above and beyond the normal service you appear to experience these days.
    Hello to Brian, Garrell and Jon, fine comments on an item I should receive tomorrow.

Now back to the book. It is not very often that I am moved to criticise a product which is allied to Stephen King. Please keep in mind that I have not seen this in person, however after many images and a few videos from Emmanuel, I feel sufficiently informed as to proceed.
    Four faults on the book.
    (1) Red mark across the top end papers of the text block.
    (2) Loose thread hanging from the front of the tray case from one of the gold letters.
    (3) Misaligned dust jacket which has left the one side of the jacket unable to properly sit in place to cover the front board.
    (4) Dink on the tray case at the bottom of the spine.

Numbers 1 and 2 have been rectified with careful consideration.
    Number 3 I may be able to realign the jacket when I have covered it in the Mylar that I use.
    Number 4 is the absolute winner. Contacting the press they informed us that there was a spare tray case, however no spare wooden letter indicator. It was stated that to try and remove it would almost certainly result in damage and thereby the case would be missing its main component. The production of the tray cases, during the enquiries, revealed that they cost $65 each!!!
    $65 for a tray case on a $3,000 book. It beggars belief. As more images are posted from other people you will appreciate the standard of the gold stamping, dreadful. This is one that will be consigned to the shelf and left there. I have only decided to post this as an illustration of the prices that are generated by a King signature and the disappointment it can create left in the hands of a company who do not care for quality.
    I have a lettered copy, there is nothing else to add.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Thank you to Simon for posting these images (courtesy of Very Fine Books) and for our conversations during lockdown. I have really missed the three or four times a year when we actually met together for a lunch. It certainly seems a very odd 14 months since our last meeting.
    Also a thank you to Emmanuel at Very Fine Books, who ordered this on my behalf and has since shipped it forward to me. Above and beyond the normal service you appear to experience these days.
    Hello to Brian, Garrell and Jon, fine comments on an item I should receive tomorrow.

Now back to the book. It is not very often that I am moved to criticise a product which is allied to Stephen King. Please keep in mind that I have not seen this in person, however after many images and a few videos from Emmanuel, I feel sufficiently informed as to proceed.
    Four faults on the book.
    (2) Loose thread hanging from the front of the tray case from one of the gold letters.
    (3) Misaligned dust jacket which has left the one side of the jacket unable to properly sit in place to cover the front board.

Number 3 I may be able to realign the jacket when I have covered it in the Mylar that I use.
    Number 4 is the absolute winner. Contacting the press they informed us that there was a spare tray case, however no spare wooden letter indicator. It was stated that to try and remove it would almost certainly result in damage and thereby the case would be missing its main component. The production of the tray cases, during the enquiries, revealed that they cost $65 each!!!
    $65 for a tray case on a $3,000 book. It beggars belief. As more images are posted from other people you will appreciate the standard of the gold stamping, dreadful. This is one that will be consigned to the shelf and left there. I have only decided to post this as an illustration of the prices that are generated by a King signature and the disappointment it can create left in the hands of a company who do not care for quality.
    Interesting comments on this book my friend. Im sure we will chat later on this.. BUT NOT ONE PERSON that has got it are happy with the case. The person that did these was a guy named Chris who was the ruin of our Secret Santa here. His work is atrocious. Barry at Gauntlet DID NOT care when he was told not to use him. This was nothing but a money grab and a shame as this had the makings of a wonderful Lettered Book. The ones shared on FB have cut marks showing, wrinkly pages and the cases... well.. some are just poorly made. I just cannot wrap my hear around what he was thinking.... Imagine if Suntup got this book???? NOT TO MENTION... Barry went back and charged many buyers not $3000 BUT $4000!!! He got Morgan to sign so went to any buyers that had not paid and upped the price to $4K. I just am saddened to hear the comments on this book but it is what it is... a poorly made book for the price
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Four faults on the book.

Unbelievable! 65 dollars! Speechless.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's pretty clear that rather than "no expense was spared in making the book and traycase" it is more "every expense was spared..."

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It really is an ugly case. For 3k or 4K I’d expect way more.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Four faults on the book.

Interesting comments on this book my friend. Im sure we will chat later on this.. BUT NOT ONE PERSON that has got it are happy with the case. The person that did these was a guy named Chris who was the ruin of our Secret Santa here. His work is atrocious. Barry at Gauntlet DID NOT care when he was told not to use him. This was nothing but a money grab and a shame as this had the makings of a wonderful Lettered Book. The ones shared on FB have cut marks showing, wrinkly pages and the cases... well.. some are just poorly made. I just cannot wrap my hear around what he was thinking.... Imagine if Suntup got this book???? NOT TO MENTION... Barry went back and charged many buyers not $3000 BUT $4000!!! He got Morgan to sign so went to any buyers that had not paid and upped the price to $4K. I just am saddened to hear the comments on this book but it is what it is... a poorly made book for the price
    Wait... the guy that put glitter on my Desperation case was commissioned for this project?!? Wow!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Four faults on the book.

Thanks for this in depth analysis Alec. When I saw the book I knew right away it was going to be cheaply made. I was shouted down but it looks like my initial assessment was right.
    You were just being negative Nick. It’s how you roll. So your bound to be right from time to time. How could anyone know this was going to take place? I’m a completist so I got a copy. I haven’t seen it yet but I’ll let you know if I’m dissatisfied with the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

Four faults on the book.

Wait... the guy that put glitter on my Desperation case was commissioned for this project?!? Wow!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I do not consider this discussion as derailing my thread.
    Fortunately I am not a completist, I just wanted a lettered copy, especially one of twenty six. It appears all I have achieved is the letter ‘T’ with a signature and very little else!!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=webstar1000;1235642]
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

Four faults on the book.

I think the glitter desperation slipcase is very unique. I am quite surprised that no one else has tried to duplicate this on a slipcase, even though many teenage girls use glitter ALL the time.

I may have to order one myself, so you are not the only one with such a unique case! And since this is Alec's thread, now I wil lhave to order two!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am glad that everybody agrees on the cheapness of the lettered "Hope and miracles".
    I thought it was just me.

Taking aside the signatures and Francois's artwork, imo, it doesnt even look in par with a Suntup artist edition.
    But it's signed by King & Frank Darabont
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection Anonymous

Four faults on the book.

Thanks for this in depth analysis Alec. When I saw the book I knew right away it was going to be cheaply made. I was shouted down but it looks like my initial assessment was right.
    You were just being negative Nick. It’s how you roll. So your bound to be right from time to time. How could anyone know this was going to take place? I’m a completist so I got a copy. I haven’t seen it yet but I’ll let you know if I’m dissatisfied with the outcome.

Realist isn’t equal to negative Kris. Gauntlet have never (IMO) published anything of great quality. Either way this is Alec’s thread and I won’t derail it further.
    You know... your right. I have them all (king signed) and Masques is probably the best of the them. I was so hopeful for this book. I will never deal with him again if this book comes it looking like what I fear from photos.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    New addition to Alec's collection...

Very cool!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast