Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1433

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah its a "4"

Great stuff as always, Alec. Inscribed firsts are the absolute best.
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOVE IT MY FRIEND!!!! Amazing
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff as always and definitely a 4.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

My suspicions were a ‘4’ however thank you to all those for the confirmation.
    As always my thanks to Simon and to all for your constructive and kind comments. And yes Chad, I agree wholeheartedly, hard to beat a signed 1st edition!!
    Stay safe during these distressing times.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous copies... Very nice

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sharp Alec!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you Antoni and Paul.

I suppose some collectors would think, why multiple copies? It was not my initial intention to end up with four ‘Different Seasons’ and three copies of ‘Christine’. When it became obvious that to find one fine copy was tricky then whenever I saw another in the same fine condition it was hard to resist. As we all know, outside of the first five Doubleday copies there are a few titles that are particularly difficult to locate signed in fine condition. These being the two mentioned above, The Bachman Books (omnibus edition), Talisman, Danse Macabre and The Dead Zone. At least they were the ones I struggled to locate.
    So it simply comes down to the usual problem, addiction. Long may it continue!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful copies, Alec. I expect nothing less from you my friend.

Thank you Alan, most kind.

I have my collection up for sale (probably for a long time) and yet I am still purchasing King books.
    That appears to be a serious problem!!

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I have my collection up for sale (probably for a long time) and yet I am still purchasing King books.
    Hey, if you need somewhere to send those spares (you know, to help with your "problem") I...uhh...know a guy

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Alan, most kind.

😂😂😂 we’re all in this together Alec, we will support you however we can (he says whilst also buying more books)
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thank you Antoni and Paul.

I suppose some collectors would think, why multiple copies? It was not my initial intention to end up with four ‘Different Seasons’ and three copies of ‘Christine’. When it became obvious that to find one fine copy was tricky then whenever I saw another in the same fine condition it was hard to resist. As we all know, outside of the first five Doubleday copies there are a few titles that are particularly difficult to locate signed in fine condition. These being the two mentioned above, The Bachman Books (omnibus edition), Talisman, Danse Macabre and The Dead Zone. At least they were the ones I struggled to locate.
    So it simply comes down to the usual problem, addiction. Long may it continue!!
    You have great editions of these books Alec. I have learned, over time that it is an addiction. But you know what, I don't care. And I do hope to expand my signed ed as well. Early books as well as newer ones.

Chase, thank you so much for the offer, however I would not want to lumber you with extra storage!! Hope all is well my friend.

Thank you for the addiction support Andy and Mike. Truly a comfort!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Amazing books as ever!
    Would love an inscribed book. Sadly both times I have been at signings he would only give a signature.

Thank you Jon.

Inscriptions are virtually non existent these days and it seems like signatures are becoming far more scarce.
    Only time will tell.

An interesting and very poignant post from Chase Ivany (System Crash Overide) on the ‘Gerald Winters the New Bookstore in Bangor’ thread.
    If you refer to Page 12 / Post 281 of my collection, you will see a rare proof that Gerald submitted on his site claiming he owned it!! The images he used were sent to him from me. One well known member on here tried to purchase it from Gerald.
    To save embarrassment to Gerald I concocted a story, saying that my partner Sue had bought it from him as my Christmas present. I was even naive enough to thank him and indeed state what a gentleman he was.
    Chase is quite correct in his character analysis. Gerald has no boundaries and no conscience.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

An interesting and very poignant post from Chase Ivany (System Crash Overide) on the ‘Gerald Winters the New Bookstore in Bangor’ thread.
    If you refer to Page 12 / Post 281 of my collection, you will see a rare proof that Gerald submitted on his site claiming he owned it!! The images he used were sent to him from me. One well known member on here tried to purchase it from Gerald.
    To save embarrassment to Gerald I concocted a story, saying that my partner Sue had bought it from him as my Christmas present. I was even naive enough to thank him and indeed state what a gentleman he was.
    Chase is quite correct in his character analysis. Gerald has no boundaries and no conscience.
    Here is a direct link to the post: https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1036008

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New addition to the Tolkien collection. Some excellent provenance with this one. I'll let Alec tell the story...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Thank you Simon for the post here and the earlier one on the Suntup thread, The Lottery lettered and limited.

The copy of ‘Smith of Wootton Major’ appeared on eBay not so long ago. Not a first edition, however a delightful signature and dedication to
    Nurse Anne M. Villeneuve. I managed to contact the lady, obtained her phone number and started a discussion on a possible price of her book. The provenance and her memories of Tolkien were marvellous. It transpired that she was selling the book and using the proceeds to have part of her roof repaired. It became apparent that the cost of the roof repair was the determining factor of the price of the book. Needless to say her roof is now in excellent condition and her book and the provenance she supplied will remain with me, along with some wonderful memories.
    One of the more interesting and poignant transactions I have had the pleasure to be involved in!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Simon for the post here and the earlier one on the Suntup thread, The Lottery lettered and limited.

The copy of ‘Smith of Wootton Major’ appeared on eBay not so long ago. Not a first edition, however a delightful signature and dedication to
    Nurse Anne M. Villeneuve. I managed to contact the lady, obtained her phone number and started a discussion on a possible price of her book. The provenance and her memories of Tolkien were marvellous. It transpired that she was selling the book and using the proceeds to have part of her roof repaired. It became apparent that the cost of the roof repair was the determining factor of the price of the book. Needless to say her roof is now in excellent condition and her book and the provenance she supplied will remain with me, along with some wonderful memories.
    One of the more interesting and poignant transactions I have had the pleasure to be involved in!!
    Awesome story, Alec and an awesome result for both parties.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is an incredible piece and story, Alec.. I haven't been able to visit here so much lately (something I hope I can change now), but your additions and stories remind me of what I miss about here. Awesome.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Remarkable provenance!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Beautiful story and book. Really unique and adds to the book.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Very impressive Alec. And the fact that you have a great story behind the purchase, makes it even better.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice book and story !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast