Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1433

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just beautiful, as always, Alec!

Magnificent penmanship and signature!

Simon -- you are a wonderful photographer!

John

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you to Simon and for the explanation of the two books.
    It is interesting the style adopted by the Tolkien Estates on those books that they pass for publication. These two are very plain with no extra additions from the normal published books. Just a book plate in each and print runs of 500 and probably 300 for The Silmarillion. Both copies have Christopher Tolkien’s signature on copies 1-100. Yet it is virtually impossible to obtain either one, the signed Silmarillion never appearing anywhere for purchase. You do not get exciting designs from anything Tolkien and yet once purchased they hardly ever resurface. They seem to have a formula that hooks people in and it certainly is not lavish designs.
    In some ways comforting to think that “plain old school” publishing still has its attraction.
    Thank you Steve and John for the comments, much appreciated.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Just beautiful, as always, Alec!

Magnificent penmanship and signature!

Simon -- you are a wonderful photographer!

John
    All credit to Alec, John. I’m merely assisting in getting the images up on to the site.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Noticed that Simon has posted information regarding “Fairy Tale” Hodder and Stoughton.
    Hopefully I will be in receipt of a limited proof within a few days.
    If this is the case I will pass on some images and information, if of course it has not already been posted.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Noticed that Simon has posted information regarding “Fairy Tale” Hodder and Stoughton.
    If this is the case I will pass on some images and information, if of course it has not already been posted.

Beautiful books! Congratulations. Exciting news about Fairy Tale as well!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Please do Alec, this is one story I am really eager to read, so any nuggets of info are very welcome.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

I will not forget. As soon as there is anything available I will ensure you receive it.
    Best wishes
    Alec.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

As Alec mentioned previously, here is a sneak preview of his newly acquired Fairy Tale proof. I for one am really looking forward to this book!

More pictures in the next few days when Alec has it in hand.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Really nice!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Thank you Simon. I believe your anticipation of this particular King novel is the same all over.
    I will have the book early tomorrow, so hopefully a few more images.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

A Fairy Tale come true.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks stunning !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Congrats on that proof. I am anxious for this book because it sounds like it has a sort of a Talisman vibe, which is one of my
    favorite King books.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    As Alec mentioned previously, here is a sneak preview of his newly acquired Fairy Tale proof. I for one am really looking forward to this book!

More pictures in the next few days when Alec has it in hand.

That looks excellent. I am more excited about this one than most over the last few years. Can’t wait.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

By the way, Alec, once you're done reading that, just send it over here.
    And, oh yes, mind now...no reading creases!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

I’m not certain Steve, however the image does look as though this could be a hardcover.
    (Promise, no creases).

A hardcover proof?
    That is interesting!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It does look like a hardcover.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

You are correct Brian, it is a hardcover. I now have it in hand.
    Limited to 200, with some quite unique designs. Simon is posting some images soon.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's pretty neat that it's a hard cover. Can't wait to see some more pics.

199 more out there somewhere.
    Shouldn't be too hard to find one for myself.
    I'd say the odds are about the same as winning the POWERBALL twice in a row all by myself.
    Ohboyohboyohboy, I have a chance!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some more pictures of the proof. I really hope they are planning this level of quality with the trade edition as well!

My Mood
    Cool

Looks awesome.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice !!!

Thank you to all those who commented on the new Fairy Tale proof.
    Really something special.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast