Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1433

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Here are some more pictures of the proof. I really hope they are planning this level of quality with the trade edition as well!

That is a beautiful book. Looks like it could be a prototype for a signed limited. That is really neat! Congratulations on the book! and thanks for sharing all the pics!

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

That is really nice looking, can imagine it will be an expensive proof on the secondary market. Looking forward to this and hoping there is a limited of it!!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

The production of the proof does go some way to indicating a signed limited.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    The production of the proof does go some way to indicating a signed limited.
    That would be wonderful if it happened. I like that proof, and also the sub headings of each chapter. Always wondered how you could get these. Always wanted to read a King book before issue. Imagine it’s pretty satisfying.

Did King do this before? Feels very Blood Meridian to me (sub headings at the beginning of chapters)
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nice edition, nice to see a special edition of a proof, and thanks for posting the pics.

I have to say, I don't like the spoilerish chapter subheads and hope they aren't in the US trade hardcover (I had to train myself to look past them when reading things like The Mist).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I totally agree with your comments on the chapter subheadings.
    Normally just “Chapter 8” is sufficient, then find out yourself.
    I could not say for certain reference the layout of the US hardcover. It’s not uncommon though for Hodder and Stoughton to produce something specific to the UK market.
    And yes, it is rather nice to see a proof copy that looks unique.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So once again, apologies to Alec as its taken me a few days to get to this. (part of the reason why will be posted in my own collection thread soon!)

Alec's new acquisition is a 2 volume very limited edition of the "Song of the Anuir", published posthumously by Christopher Tolkien. This is limited to only 6 copies, painted by Ruth Lacon, it is all hand painted, illuminated and illustrated, meaning each copy is slightly different and unique.

"The Song of the Ainur” is about the creation, part of the legend at the start of the Silmarillion.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Vanimelda!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Just incredible.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

MAGNIFICENTLY STUNNING.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Extraordinary!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Thank you for all the superlatives used. I am certain that Ruth Lacon would be delighted at the appreciation of her work. To produce twelve individually illustrated and illuminated books, shows to me a patience and dedication way beyond my thought process. The idea that the “concentration was soothing” and “an oasis of sanity” shows just how different some creative people look at life.
    I had reason to visit Oswestry on numerous occasions, a town on the Welsh border. Finding out that the artist lived not far away I elected to contact her and ask if I could see some of her work. The six pairs of books had sold instantly. Nonetheless I thought a visit would most certainly be worth the extra miles. On arriving she informed me that a pair had just been cancelled and was I interested!!!
    Hard to believe how lucky that trip turned out to be.
    Thanks again for the comments.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Those are beautifully painted by hand pieces of art.
    So, are you saying that all were bought, but then one was canceled, and that is the one you have and the one we see here.
    WOW that is an amazing story. That is so fortuitous, I don't know what else to say, except, it was meant to be .

Yes one was cancelled and I happened to arrive at the right time!!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Simply amazing! That is wonderful.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supersupersuperbeautifulamazing !!!

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Supersupersuperbeautifulamazing !!!
    Supercalifragileilisticexpealodocios!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's about as singular, significant, and beautiful as a work can be.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Cool

Yes one was cancelled and I happened to arrive at the right time!!
    Sometimes that's what it takes. I am still in awe of of your King and Tolkien collection. Very impressive indeed.

Thank you Frank, Glen and Mike.
    Thank you as well St. Troy for probably the most succinct and charming review this book will receive anywhere.

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love to see the newest treasures you add to your collection. Just magnificent.

Thank you Elliot, very much appreciated.
    I have just been perusing your copy of “The Tommyknockers”. Lovely story, the same with the dedication and signature. Amazing the finds you can make from a box of books. Well done indeed.

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Elliot, very much appreciated.
    I have just been perusing your copy of “The Tommyknockers”. Lovely story, the same with the dedication and signature. Amazing the finds you can make from a box of books. Well done indeed.
    Thank you Alec!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast