Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1433

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Amazing book, looks better than my 5 year old copy!
    Rep points for the chuckle.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A M A Z I N G !!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Is your Stephen King collection being split up?

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

No Alan, that will always remain as a collection.
    I am selling off a large percentage of my Stephen King collection, those are the only ones for sale.

Thank you to Simon as always for posting this edition.
    To everyone that has commented on “The Hobbit”, thank you, always a great incentive to remain searching for that something special.
    It would be amiss not to say a little about this book. I am not entirely sure about the full history, other than the fact it spent most of its 86 years in California, hence the complete lack of foxing, attributable to your wonderful climate. From there to the U.K. and a couple of rare book dealers and fortunately next was to me. I have never seen a copy in this condition, it appears unread, as it is still tight in the heart of the textblock and it is without spine lean or any other movement, absolutely square. The dust jacket has survived miraculously, free of tears, chips or any of the damage normally found after this length of time. Certainly a volume I never thought to find.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Rewind, sorry Alan (must be my age) I thought your question was concerning Tolkien books. Heck I’m losing it!!!
    Start again, yes I am selling off about 75% of my Stephen King collection. My apologies for the mix up.
    Alec.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Rewind, sorry Alan (must be my age) I thought your question was concerning Tolkien books. Heck I’m losing it!!!
    Start again, yes I am selling off about 75% of my Stephen King collection. My apologies for the mix up.
    Alec.
    Not that I can afford any of it, others may, but are you selling items individually, or only the collection as a whole, as it was advertised a few years ago?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Incredible Tolkien book!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Individual items Jeremy. They are listed with “First and Fine.Com”.
    I elected to keep about 25% of my favourite books.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Alec.
    If I remember correctly, you are the same age as I am. I lost it a while ago!

Country
    Country Flag

Good to know for collectors here

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Posting this amazing new acquisition for Alec. Truly a holy grail item! Incredible condition for a book of this age, specially the page block. Hard to believe this book is 86 years old...

What a wonderful acquisition. Just awesome.

Many thanks Elliot.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Do you have direct link Alec. I searched but I am sure I did see anything that would sell book.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Do you have direct link Alec. I searched but I am sure I did see anything that would sell book.
    Here you go

https://www.firstandfine.com/?s=Step...t_type=product
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thank you. So all those King books are Alec's collection? Or just all the King books the have.

Hi Mike,
    Not all of the Stephen King books on the site are mine. I believe 6 or 7 are Alexander’s the site owner.
    The rest are a small percentage of what’s to come.

My Mood
    Cool

Hi Mike,
    Not all of the Stephen King books on the site are mine. I believe 6 or 7 are Alexander’s the site owner.
    The rest are a small percentage of what’s to come.
    Understood. Lot's of good stuff listed there.

Anyone interested in a complete set of Robert McCammon books (Matthew Corbett) please see my post on “other authors”.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New Potter book added to Alec's collection:

The Fifteen Red Leather Copies of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone

AN IN–DEPTH LOOK AT THE RAREST COPIES OF J. K. ROWLING’S CASSIC NOVEL.

In 2012, Bloomsbury, the British publisher of the iconic Harry Potter series, marked the 15th anniversary of the first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, with a special contest for fans. The prize was a limited edition of the book, with only 15 copies in existence, each one leather-bound and signed by author JK Rowling. For years, the public could only imagine what these copies might look like, but finally, one has made its way to auction.

Fans could only enter the competition by submitting their letters through post boxes at participating bookshops and libraries. The challenge was to write a letter of no more than 50 words, and entrants were encouraged to get creative with drawings and elaborate designs.

Rare copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone

Unlike regular copies of the book, this edition was not available for purchase and only 15 copies were ever produced. One of the winners of this coveted prize was Chloe Esslemont, a 16-year-old school girl at The Nelson Thomlinson School in Wigton, Cumbria. Chloe’s love for the Potter series was evident in the letter she submitted, expressing why she adored the books and their intricate details that became significant in later novels. Her striking entry and imaginative art earned her a spot as one of 14 runners-up, each receiving a copy of the special 15th anniversary edition.

Since then, and because the lucky owners decided to not do it, photos of the special edition remained unseen – until now. In December 2022, Chloe’s copy went up for auction, offering a glimpse into the elusive anniversary edition. As a fan since the age of five, Chloe has seen the Harry Potter phenomenon grow and evolve, but her passion for the books remains unchanged. She says of her decision to sell the book, “the money would be useful now.” Chloe’s winning entry demonstrated her deep love for the series, and her appreciation for the “insignificant things proving very significant later.”

This special edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone is bound in luxurious red leather and boasts gilded edges. The cover showcases gold embossing of the book’s title, the iconic Hogwarts crest, and the signature of J.K. Rowling. The spine of the book is equally impressive, featuring the title and a smaller version of the author’s signature, making it the only edition in existence with her signature on it.

The attention to detail extends to the inside of the book, which has the same layout and content as the standard Bloomsbury edition of Philosopher’s Stone. Moreover, this particular copy is in impeccable condition, as it has remained unread since it was awarded as a prize in 2012.

It’s not surprising that this special edition has remained largely unknown, as it was not included in official bibliographies by Peter Errington. It is also noteworthy that this limited edition of only 15 copies has its own ISBN, further emphasizing its rarity and significance. The fact that this edition is so limited, with only 15 copies in existence, makes it a truly exclusive and highly sought-after item for Harry Potter fans.

Last, but not least, let’s not forget that this special edition represents not just a physical artifact, but a cultural touchstone. The Harry Potter books have become a global phenomenon, inspiring countless fans. These fifteen copies are a testament to the enduring appeal of the books, and the love and passion they evoke in their fans. They are a symbol of the connection between reader and author, a tangible link to the creative process that brought Harry Potter to life. To own one of these rare books is to own a piece of literary and cultural history, a symbol of the power of imagination and storytelling.

Thanks to the generous winner of the auction, we now have a better understanding of this unique and rare piece of Harry Potter history. Whether displayed on a bookshelf or carefully preserved in an attic, this book is sure to be treasured for years to come, a testament to the lasting appeal of J.K. Rowling’s magical world of Harry Potter.

Chloe’s entry
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

a few more photos...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Wow !

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty stunning.

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a beauty of an acquisition. Amazing add to your collection.

Thank you to Simon for sorting out what to me appeared an impossible link from “The Rowling Library”.
    To Jerome, Jeremy and Elliot for their comments.
    One of those rare occasions when an item makes it under the radar that you never would have thought possible. Clearly stated a 1st edition celebrating 15 years with just 15 signed copies, at a time when J.K.Rowling had almost stopped signing. Sometimes luck goes your way and this was decidedly one of them, only fair as there are plenty that do not!!
    As I had posted some time ago a 1st edition from 1997, this makes an ideal companion for the Rowling completist.
    Best wishes.
    Alec.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a beauty - congratulations and thanks for sharing
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast