Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1433

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

An unusual one to find signed - especially with a custom slipcase. Very nice Alec!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    An unusual one to find signed - especially with a custom slipcase. Very nice Alec!

the slipcase is awesome! book is in mighty fine condition! great find!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, nice one.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As usual I am impressed by the combination of signature and condition! And the slipcase is very nice as well.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Looks great Alec. And that slip case is a nice one as well.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you Brian, Frank, Garrell, Glen, Mike and Tim. The positive comments are always appreciated.
    Trusting you are all well.
    A little easier over here in the U.K. Slowly we are moving in the right direction.
    A big thank you to Simon for the posting and remarks.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

One item I omitted, this was posted late one night on Very Fine Books website. I telephoned Emmanuel immediately it came through to tell him I had purchased. He informed me the next day that the enquiries were numerous.
    It appears the acquisition of collectible books is relentless.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Alec! Very nice!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

After being in lockdown in the South from the 1st November 2020, I have finally returned home to the Midlands.
    Exciting times, as I had received a host of parcels from Suntup, a few purchases made along the way and one item I found rather outstanding.
    I was fortunate to be included in the Cichon Books enterprise, rebound books signed by way of special bookplates courtesy of Stephen King. Limited on the first book ‘If It Bleeds’ to 19 signed books indicated by Roman Numeral. The other books (and there are a few I believe) will be limited to 12 copies again in Roman Numeral. I had no expectations, no idea what to expect other than the designation I have stated. I can honestly say that they do hit the mark. No frills, no unnecessary grandeur until you open the book to reveal the signed addition. A first class honest book, which does not attempt to be more than it is, an indication of Stephen King’s generosity in making this venture possible. Full marks from me and some images to follow.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Alec !

I have seen a few pictures of those books, and they do look nice indeed. And well done for getting on the adventure. I only heard of them once they were all sold out (not that I could have gotten one)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    After being in lockdown in the South from the 1st November 2020, I have finally returned home to the Midlands.
    Exciting times, as I had received a host of parcels from Suntup, a few purchases made along the way and one item I found rather outstanding.
    I was fortunate to be included in the Cichon Books enterprise, rebound books signed by way of special bookplates courtesy of Stephen King. Limited on the first book ‘If It Bleeds’ to 19 signed books indicated by Roman Numeral. The other books (and there are a few I believe) will be limited to 12 copies again in Roman Numeral. I had no expectations, no idea what to expect other than the designation I have stated. I can honestly say that they do hit the mark. No frills, no unnecessary grandeur until you open the book to reveal the signed addition. A first class honest book, which does not attempt to be more than it is, an indication of Stephen King’s generosity in making this venture possible. Full marks from me and some images to follow.
    I have to agree. I am THRILLED to be Roman Numeral 12 for the set. And indeed you are right... 12 is all there will be. Congrats on being party to this awesomeness my friend!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a new book to Alec's collection, but one worth seeing some more photo's of. To quote Alec, "The Signed 1st Edition far outweighs anything else as a true collectible"

Beautiful condition with a nice early signature...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Beautiful book!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm drooling...
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Very nice indeed.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice condition!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

As I always appear to post about other collectors signed 1st editions, when they come up on here, I thought it only appropriate to perhaps start taking some images of my own ‘Doubleday’ years 1st editions. Of all the copies of The Stand that I have acquired (some kept, some not) this is by far the best. Many collectors would prefer the signed limited edition, which is indeed beautiful, however as Simon has quoted me, I still believe that the signed 1st edition outweighs anything else as a true collectible. Lettered and numbered editions are wonderful items, but they do not give me the same feeling of satisfaction. 1250 signed tipped in sheets for The Stand limited does not resonate with me as someone years before waiting in line to have a book signed, inscribed and dated by the most iconic writer still producing wonderful stories.
    So, only my opinion, but one I love to follow.
    Thank you to Simon for a very interesting conversation the other day and for posting.
    Always very grateful to receive reviews from the people that matter, collectors!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    As I always appear to post about other collectors signed 1st editions, when they come up on here, I thought it only appropriate to perhaps start taking some images of my own ‘Doubleday’ years 1st editions. Of all the copies of The Stand that I have acquired (some kept, some not) this is by far the best. Many collectors would prefer the signed limited edition, which is indeed beautiful, however as Simon has quoted me, I still believe that the signed 1st edition outweighs anything else as a true collectible. Lettered and numbered editions are wonderful items, but they do not give me the same feeling of satisfaction. 1250 signed tipped in sheets for The Stand limited does not resonate with me as someone years before waiting in line to have a book signed, inscribed and dated by the most iconic writer still producing wonderful stories.
    So, only my opinion, but one I love to follow.
    Thank you to Simon for a very interesting conversation the other day and for posting.
    Always very grateful to receive reviews from the people that matter, collectors!
    I love the beauty of the limiteds.... BUT... you really nailed it in this post. Well said... there may be less than a half dozen like this in the world.. and that my friend? Is saying something. Congrats
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

I agree also. I love the look and design of limited books, but I am also working hard on getting some more first ed that are signed. I mean, some of the firsts that I have signed are fewer in number than a dedicated S\L.
    It's cool to have items like that.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Alec! A gorgeous copy of my all time favorite novel.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I wholeheartedly agree Alec. I switched gears a couple years ago and my passion for 1st/1st signed or inscribed has only grown. I got one of my favorites this week, On Writing, and it is more meaningful than any S/L I ever had.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast