Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1433

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Gunslinger Apprentice roopeshjoshi is on a distinguished road

Truly beautiful.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some long overdue recognition on my part, as I haven't posted in some time.

B-E-A-UTIFUL editions (as always) Alec. Your continued expansion of Tolkien and Rowling's works never ceases to impress. We're all the richer for getting to see these editions through you - and by extension, Simon.

Always love checking in on your collection thread, as it never ever disappoints.

Cheers,
    Chase

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Alec, have you seen the Uncorrected Proof of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone that is going to auction?
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you Roopeshjoshi, much appreciated.

Chase, so good to hear from you and see that you are posting more items from your collection. Good news indeed.

Scoogs, you have me at a disadvantage. The only one I have seen is from The Manhattan Rare Book Company. Am I missing something? If so please put me on the correct track. Many thanks indeed.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Alec, here is the auction link.

It's one of the 200 bound proofs.
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you so much.
    I had seen a couple of these sell in the past, however missed this one altogether.
    Listed as “2001” seems a heck of a mistake, if I am reading it correctly.
    Very kind of you to bring it to my attention.
    Now there is a fine decision for the weekend!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Incredible BBC archive video of J R R Tolkien talking about his life and creation of elvish:

http://youtu.be/rre7zQGcldI?si=Ds1qMHy3VDj7x-uo

In this video, you can see Tolkien writing elvish directly into one of the 3 volumes of TLOTR. This is the only book that Tolkien signed in front of any cameras. These very volumes have recently been acquired by Alec along with the relevant ephemra and added to his collection!

Here are some images and I'll leave the story of their acquisition to Alec...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Incredible.
    I also watched the video about the oldest recorded voices we can still hear, also incredible.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Thank you to Simon for taking time out to post this link and images, always appreciated.

By 1968 Tolkien had established himself solidly with The Lord of the Rings (primarily in the United States and then in the U.K.) but had not proceeded to garner much attention on the television. The interview here shows one of those rare events, even more so as he elected to sign the first book of the trilogy in “Elvish”. This was a language that he created and taught himself to speak and write it. A phenomenal undertaking considering from 1954 all his other commitments.
    This set with several pieces of ephemera came up for auction at Sotheby’s on the 12th December this year. Prior to that it had only appeared once since 1968. I do not know who has owned it during the last 55 years, however only 2 people I believe. It shows the incredible penmanship that Tolkien possessed and which never seemed to become “spidery” even in his eighties.
    I have been reluctant to post over the last few months, not wanting to turn a Stephen King thread into Tolkien, however Simon assured me otherwise and so he kindly moved forwards.
    I hope the above is of interest, certainly the 7 minutes of film gives a much better insight into the character of Tolkien.
    Taking this opportunity to wish you all a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.
    Very best wishes,
    Alec.

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a breathtaking set of books. Just extraordinary. Like you stated, Tolkien's penmanship, even in his eighties, was amazing and just beautiful to look at. Big congratulations Alec! Please keep posting your new acquisitions. Speaking for myself, seeing books like this and the sheer history behind them, is the reason I got into book collecting. I would imagine most, if not all, that are part of this community, would consider themselves bibliophiles first and Stephen King collectors second. At least that's my humble opinion. Again, congratulations Alec on these incredible additions to your collection and Happy Christmas!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely stunning. And yes, please keep posting
    This is a collection thread, doesnt have necessarily to be around King. We all here are book collectors after all
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's super in every way shape and form!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That is beyond book collecting, Alec. Those are treasures you have there!
    Congratulations.

Thank you all for the comments, especially the reassurance of not breaching any unwritten etiquette.
    Many thanks indeed.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supercrazymindblowingamazing !!!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Alec, Whenever something new gets posted here, my draw just drops. Amazing stuff. Simply amazing.

Gunslinger Apprentice roopeshjoshi is on a distinguished road

Many congratulations! Jaw dropping items.

Thank you Frank, Mike and Roopeshjoshi.
    Compliments of the season to you all.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Just now catching up on this, and…wow. I’m blown away. Congratulations Alec
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A change to the usual scheduled programming!

We tend to marvel when we see copies of Carrie, seemingly unaffected by age over the last 50 years, well this book is nearly 100 years old and condition is remarkable!

1st edition, oversized and a signed limited as well. (signed by Author AND Artist!) See the details in the photos below:

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just beautiful. Looks like it just came straight out of the publisher circa 1926. Congratulations as always on such a remarkable addition to your collection! One day perhaps, you can show how you display these treasures. Again, congratulations.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I'm absolutely in awe of this beautiful book!! Congratulations on a wonderful new addition to your collection!!

Thank you Elliot and Matt, good to know you both still appreciate the things that enthralled us during our formative years!
    A big thank you to Simon for taking time out to post so many images. Very kind of you indeed.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

There are nice books

There are amazing books.

There are super amazing nice books
    And there are Alec's books.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is absolutely mind blowing. AND I think its sooooo cool that there was Signed limiteds so long ago.. I really learn something every day!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 LastLast