Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How Much of Stephen Kings works have you ACTUALLY read?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have read everything ever published in one form or another

10 21.28%
  • I have read all the novels and short story collections

13 27.66%
  • I have read all the novels

2 4.26%
  • I have only read the Dark Tower Series

3 6.38%
  • I have read most of the books

23 48.94%
  • I have only read the newer books

2 4.26%
  • Who is this Stephen King?

1 2.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much King have you actually read?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default How much King have you actually read?

I noticed a number of people mentioning that they had not read this book or that book. SO here is a poll to see just how much you have all read.

Me - I've read everything, some of them many many times

edit: so before somebody chimes in with, "you cant have read X, 'cos its locked up in a secret safe and no one has ever seen it since it was placed there in the dead of night" I am talking about 'generally available' ie including stuff that was only in magazines or unauthorised collections or ebooks
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have read every novel and short story. I have read the odd magazine article.... I would love to read a really good biography on him too someday I am now on my 3rd FULL finish of the DT. Love it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have read every novel and short story. I have read the odd magazine article.... I would love to read a really good biography on him too someday I am now on my 3rd FULL finish of the DT. Love it!
    gotta vote too dude
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    gotta vote too dude
    lol sorry mate.. done.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read the novels and short story collections (including Bachman), the occasional article or short story in magazines. I don't own nor have I ever read Faithful.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Still need to read Regulators. I won't ever bother with Faithful.

I've read all other novels and collections as well as some uncollected stories from magazines.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I suspect 'Faithful' is going to prevent many from selecting the first option

Country
    Country Flag

I did not read Faithful... and I do not imagine I would..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

is it ok with goblins if bears move this thread to Cara Laughs?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure by all means

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Which option should I pick for "I have read DT and a small handful of other books, with some books in line for future reading"?
    In Digitized Remorse

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Gilead View Post
    Which option should I pick for "I have read DT and a small handful of other books, with some books in line for future reading"?
    There's always one....
    There were an infinite number of sub combinations so I had to restrict the choices somehow!
    Go for "just read DT" that's closest

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry.
    In Digitized Remorse

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Gilead View Post
    Sorry.
    Forgiven

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're damn right it will!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if I've read 'most' of them, but I've gone through a fairly substantial portion of his work. I'm missing a lot of his shorty story collections.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Will update this post shortly, but I'm ashamed at the number of books I have yet to read. On the flip side, I'm excited by the number of books I have yet to read :-)

**EDIT** Books to read:
    1. Danse Macabre
    2. The Eyes of the Dragon
    3. Geralds Game
    4. Rose Madder
    5. Bag of Bones
    6. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
    7. On Writing
    8. Dreamcatcher
    9. Parts of Everthrings Eventual
    10. From a Buick 8
    11. Colorado Kid
    12. Cell
    13. Lisey's Story
    14. Duma Key
    15. Just After Sunset
    16. WTTK
    17. Joyland
    18. Doctor Sleep
    Plus numerous short stories/articles not in the main Short Story compliations.

Thats a lot of King to look forward to

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have read 42 works by King. I'm not positive, but I think that's considered most of his work. I like this idea a lot. I feel like it would be more telling if the choices were everything and then book count ranges (i.e. 10-20), and then of course the humorous question at the end.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I recently re read rage and road work really enjoyed his old style years later! Have to read the running man but Schwarzenegger is stopping me from reading it. Finished the long walk last year

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read everything that's been published, most more than once or twice.

John

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

When it comes to short stories, I wait till they're collected.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I edit my post - I haven't yet read Doctor Sleep because my trade edition is being held hostage at CD - lol. I don't want to break open the gift or either S/L.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I recently re read rage and road work really enjoyed his old style years later! Have to read the running man but Schwarzenegger is stopping me from reading it. Finished the long walk last year
    Please dont let that POS film stop you reading what is a great book.

If King had never been outed, I think I would probably be a bigger Bachman fan than I am King (not counting TDT obviously)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Will update this post shortly, but I'm ashamed at the number of books I have yet to read. On the flip side, I'm excited by the number of books I have yet to read :-)

**EDIT** Books to read:
    1. Danse Macabre
    3. Geralds Game
    4. Rose Madder
    5. Bag of Bones
    7. On Writing
    8. Dreamcatcher
    10. From a Buick 8
    11. Colorado Kid
    12. Cell
    13. Lisey's Story
    14. Duma Key
    15. Just After Sunset
    16. WTTK
    17. Joyland
    18. Doctor Sleep

Same here. Once I thought about it, I realized there's a number of books I still haven't read. A handful of these I've started but never finished for one reason or another. And I actually own all but three of these.

My too read King list:
    Rage
    The Stand
    The Dead Zone
    Firestarter
    Roadwork
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    The Talisman
    Thinner
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    Misery
    Dolores Claiborne
    Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
    Hearts in Atlantis
    On Writing
    Black House
    From a Buick 8
    Faithful
    Blockade Billy
    The Wind Through the Keyhole
    Doctor Sleep
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post

**EDIT** Books to read:
    1. Danse Macabre
    3. Geralds Game
    4. Rose Madder
    5. Bag of Bones
    7. On Writing
    8. Dreamcatcher
    10. From a Buick 8
    11. Colorado Kid
    12. Cell
    13. Lisey's Story
    14. Duma Key
    15. Just After Sunset
    16. WTTK
    17. Joyland
    18. Doctor Sleep

Same here. Once I thought about it, I realized there's a number of books I still haven't read. A handful of these I've started but never finished for one reason or another. And I actually own all but three of these.

My too read King list:
    Rage
    The Stand
    The Dead Zone
    Firestarter
    Roadwork
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    The Talisman
    Thinner
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    Misery
    Dolores Claiborne
    Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
    Hearts in Atlantis
    On Writing
    Black House
    From a Buick 8
    Faithful
    Blockade Billy
    The Wind Through the Keyhole
    Doctor Sleep
    The downside of having read everything is that you don't have a list of books to look forward to reading
    Fortunately I am able to read books over and over and still maintain the level of enjoyment even though I know the ending (I now many people who say they cannot re-read a book once read). One of the reasons I like Stephen Kings writing is that it's all about the journey, you get to go along for the ride and enjoy the experience even when you know where you are going to end up.

Oh and if nothing else, stop whatever you are doing right now, pick up The Stand and start reading. There is a mix of books in your list but that is/must/should be your priority IMHO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast