Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Movie Thread

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Jean you must watch Her. That movie will both move and fascinate bears!
    Mattrick, you're killing me!!! I know that when you say a film is worth watching, it is! the list of your recommendations is now two miles long - and I definitely am going to watch every one of them, and when will I do anything else????

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

2014:

American Hustle
    The Naked Gun: Files From Police Squad (RW)
    The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Final Insult (RW)
    Gravity
    Her (2)
    Goodfellas (RW)
    Prisoners
    Before Sunrise
    Blue Jasmine
    Captain Phillips
    Carrie (2013)
    Dallas Buyers Club
    12 Years A Slave
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never done this before, going to give it a try.

1. Midnight Ballad for Ghost Theater
    2. The Full Monty
    3. A Series of Unfortunate Events
    4. Frozen
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

2014 List

The Fitzgerald Family Christmas
    Berberian Sound Studio
    Lars and the Real Girl *
    Cape Fear *
    The Spiral Staircase
    Warm Bodies
    Sudden Fear
    Bonnie & Clyde (2013)
    Flowers in the Attic (2014)
    Prisoners
    Insidious 2
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, so you finally saw Insidious 2! What'd you think? Were you disappointed like I was?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes and no. It didn't live up to the first one, but I liked how it connected to the first film. It's probably good that I went in with low expectations. What about that ending though? Are they setting up for another film?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

2014:

American Hustle *****
    The Naked Gun: Files From Police Squad (RW) ***
    The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Final Insult (RW) ****
    Gravity *****
    Her (2) *****
    Goodfellas (RW) ***
    Prisoners ****
    Before Sunrise *****
    Blue Jasmine *****
    Captain Phillips ****
    Carrie (2013) ****
    Dallas Buyers Club ****
    12 Years A Slave ****
    Before Sunset *****

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yes and no. It didn't live up to the first one, but I liked how it connected to the first film. It's probably good that I went in with low expectations. What about that ending though? Are they setting up for another film?
    I think I remember reading that they're going to make Insidious III, but without James Wan (I might be getting that confused with The Conjuring, though). And at the end, I thought
    Spoiler:
    that Elise was looking at the red-faced demon from the first movie, so if they make another, I think that'd be a good direction to go in since I thought it was much scarier/intriguing than the Parker Crane storyline.

Also, did you hear that they're moving forward with the Annabelle spin-off?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List

2014 List:

We're the Millers
    Before and After
    Her
    Django Unchained
    Stir of Echoes
    Zero Dark Thirty
    Murder by Numbers
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

2014:

American Hustle *****
    Gravity *****
    Her (2) *****
    Goodfellas (RW) ***
    Prisoners ****
    Before Sunrise *****
    Blue Jasmine *****
    Captain Phillips ****
    Carrie (2013) ****
    Dallas Buyers Club ****
    12 Years A Slave ****
    Before Sunset *****
    Quiz Show *****
    Matilda (RW) ****
    Bad Grandpa ****
    The Blair Witch Project (RW) ****

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really glad you liked Quiz Show! Such an unknown classic.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

is this version any better than the original?

I actually quite enjoyed it. It was pretty different from the original one so it kept my interest. I haven't read the book though, so I'm not sure how it compares.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I've been wanting to watch it for 20 years, basically since it was nominated in 94. Watched it as soon as I had it lol, I wasn't waiting a minute longer. It's such an important film when you really think about it, in the sense that intelligence was a markettable attribute in the 50's and ever since then it just hasn't been so. Robert Redford has directed some damn good movies, that's for sure.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List

1. Dirty Dancing*
    2. Would you rather?
    3. You're Next
    4. The Ghostmaker
    5. Jack the Giant Slayer
    6. This Means War
    7. Peewee's Big Adventure*
    8. Sinister
    9. Evil Dead (2013)
    10. Despicable Me 2
    *rewatch
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been wanting to watch it for 20 years, basically since it was nominated in 94. Watched it as soon as I had it lol, I wasn't waiting a minute longer. It's such an important film when you really think about it, in the sense that intelligence was a markettable attribute in the 50's and ever since then it just hasn't been so. Robert Redford has directed some damn good movies, that's for sure.
    I really like the acting in this one, everyone feels very authentically '50s.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

2014:

American Hustle *****
    Gravity *****
    Her (2) *****
    Goodfellas (RW) ***
    Prisoners ****
    Before Sunrise *****
    Blue Jasmine *****
    Captain Phillips ****
    Carrie (2013) ****
    Dallas Buyers Club ****
    12 Years A Slave ****
    Before Sunset *****
    Quiz Show *****
    Matilda (RW) ****
    Bad Grandpa ****
    Inside Llewyn Davis ****

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List

1. Dirty Dancing*
    2. Would you rather?
    3. You're Next
    4. The Ghostmaker
    5. Jack the Giant Slayer
    6. This Means War
    7. Peewee's Big Adventure*
    8. Sinister
    9. Evil Dead (2013)
    10. Despicable Me 2
    11. The Wolverine
    *rewatch
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

2014:

American Hustle *****
    Gravity *****
    Her (2) *****
    Goodfellas (RW) ***
    Prisoners ****
    Before Sunrise *****
    Blue Jasmine *****
    Captain Phillips ****
    Carrie (2013) ****
    Dallas Buyers Club ****
    12 Years A Slave ****
    Before Sunset *****
    Quiz Show *****
    Matilda (RW) ****
    Bad Grandpa ****
    Inside Llewyn Davis ****
    The Thing (2011) ***

Country
    Country Flag

I actually quite enjoyed it. It was pretty different from the original one so it kept my interest. I haven't read the book though, so I'm not sure how it compares.
    I haven't read the book, either, but the original film was ridiculous. I am very interested in watching the version you've seen if I can get it. I wonder if it is possible to breathe any plausibility into it.

You didn't like the original? I wonder if you'll enjoy this version then, because to me it was more surprising that the children didn't leave in this one.

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Quiz Show a very long time ago, but I remember loving it a lot.

You didn't like the original? I wonder if you'll enjoy this version then, because to me it was more surprising that the children didn't leave in this one.
    More surprizing than in the original verstion???

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Most definitely

2014 List

The Fitzgerald Family Christmas
    Berberian Sound Studio
    Lars and the Real Girl *
    Cape Fear *
    The Spiral Staircase
    Warm Bodies
    Sudden Fear
    Bonnie & Clyde (2013)
    Prisoners
    Insidious 2
    The Stranger *
    American Hustle

* rewatch

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Most definitely
    Now I feel that I must see it...

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast