Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your top X most wanted books?

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What are your top X most wanted books?

It looks like this has started in "collecting questions", I'm thinking a dedicated thread would be more fun. Maybe one of the mods can combine?

Here's mine:

1. Sphere/Viking/Plume Gunslinger
    2. Plume Orange wraps DotT
    3.The Stand portfolio #1193 (to match my book)
    4.Night Shift 1/1
    5.Salem's Lot Gift w/ Collector's traycase and set of photographs (still kicking myself in the ass for selling this one some time ago!!!)
    6.Skeleton Crew S/L
    7.Set of S/L Dark Tower (not necessarily matching #'d)
    8.The Stand 1/1 flatsigned and dated in year of publication
    9.Firestarter S/L
    10.Rage US 1/1

This list is mostly comprised of books I plan on acquiring in the next few years, as I get them they will be replaced by more wants.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine are a little less ambitious but in keeping with the 'in the realms of possibility' rather than 'in my wildest dreams' here is my top 10:

1. Gunslinger (pref Artist signed) 1st/1st
    2. Carrie US 1st/1st
    3. 'Salem's Lot US 1st/1st
    4. Night Shift US 1st/1st
    5. Roadwork US 1st/1st
    6. Skeleton Crew S/L
    7. Green Mile Limited H/C Set
    8. Self Printed/Bound Plant
    9. Wastelands - Artist Signed
    10. W & G - Artist Signed
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for creating the thread!

Here's my list:

#1: Lettered edition of IT
    #2: Lettered edition of The Shining
    #3: SNL of Doctor Sleep
    #4: SNL of Black House
    #5: Flat signed 1st edition of The Shining
    #6: Flat signed 1st edition of Pet Sematary
    #7: SNL or lettered of The Regulators
    #8: SNL of The Talisman
    #9: SNL of Full Dark No Stars
    #10: Complete Matching # Set of The Dark Tower

Note that #10 is at #10 because I’ll never be able to afford a set! Or any other items listed! LOL
    At least not until next year.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

10. Salem's Lot - Oversize
    9. Carrie (Fine) 1st/1st
    8. Six Stories
    7. Cycle of the Werewolf S/L
    6. New Lieutenant's Rap
    5. Stand S/L
    4. Any Lettered Edition!
    3. The Plant (1,2,3)
    2. Firestarter Asbestos
    1. Complete PERFECT S/L Dark Tower set

GREAT Thread... I technically have number 1 but not on my book shelf yet!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll limit this to items within my collecting area of interest and which I have a reasonable expectation of obtaining at some point. (i.e., no Asbestos Firestarter). In no particular order:

The Stand S/L
    The Eyes of the Dragon S/L
    Frankenstein S/L (Wrightson/King 1983)
    The Drawing of the Three S/L #214
    The Gunslinger S/L #214
    Legends S/L
    The Green Mile S/L
    From a Buick 8 S/L
    The Big Book of Necon S/L
    The Complete Masters of Darkness S/L

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My top 10 are:

1. The Gutenberg Bible, 1st 1456 printing
    2. THE NECRONOMICON, signed by Abdul Alhazred in his own blood moments before he was ripped to pieces by Cthulhu
    3. DR. NO, Jonathan Cape 1958, 1st/1st in MINT condition
    4. The galley proof of The Kama Sutra, circa 300 BCE with the unexpurgated illustrations
    5. The Book of Life, flat signed by God
    6. The 10 volume set of Paradise Lost by John Milton, 1667, with the free bookmark
    7. The Egyptian BOOK OF THE DEAD in the original hieroglyphs, with the missing magic spell and the drawing of the pyramid on page 666 by the author
    8. THE MODERN PROMETHEUS, 1818, one of two copies as written by Mary Shelley and rumored to be lost in a fire caused by a rather large monstrous creature with a daisy in his lapel
    9. OLIVER TWIST, 1838 limited edition with the alternate 'twist' ending, as subsequently presented on the missing tape from The Twilight Zone TV series
    10. The first issue ever of TV GUIDE Magazine (well, it's not really a book, but who wouldn't want it?)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Best top 10 ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    My top 10 are:

2. THE NECRONOMICON, signed by Abdul Alhazred in his own blood moments before he was ripped to pieces by Cthulhu
    4. The galley proof of The Kama Sutra, circa 300 BCE with the unexpurgated illustrations
    6. The 10 volume set of Paradise Lost by John Milton, 1667, with the free bookmark
    7. The Egyptian BOOK OF THE DEAD in the original hieroglyphs, with the missing magic spell and the drawing of the pyramid on page 666 by the author
    8. THE MODERN PROMETHEUS, 1818, one of two copies as written by Mary Shelley and rumored to be lost in a fire caused by a rather large monstrous creature with a daisy in his lapel
    9. OLIVER TWIST, 1838 limited edition with the alternate 'twist' ending, as subsequently presented on the missing tape from The Twilight Zone TV series
    10. The first issue ever of TV GUIDE Magazine (well, it's not really a book, but who wouldn't want it?)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My top 10 are:

I have duplicates on all of these except the TV Guide Magazine (now that's a rare one) PM me if interested...

Edit: just checked, The Book of life is signed - looks authentic compared to 7 of the 10 Stone commandments I have (always looking for the other 3) BUT it's a 2nd printing...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    My top 10 are:

I have duplicates on all of these except the TV Guide Magazine (now that's a rare one) PM me if interested...

Edit: just checked, The Book of life is signed - looks authentic compared to 7 of the 10 Stone commandments I have (always looking for the other 3) BUT it's a 2nd printing...
    I have the other 3 you are looking for. Will trade for a copy of Seduction of the Innocent (Signed First Edition).

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The asbestos Firestarter
    Signed limited Gunslinger

Remarques by Dameron, Wrightson, Whelan, McKean, Lee, Anderson, Gervais, and Palladini

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't mean to ruin the mood, but wasn't this the King "Collectible Must have" discussion that started in "Collecting Questions"? Just curious as to how to respond. There is a BIG difference in the two subjects. IMHO

For example, I feel that I "Must Have" a "Carrie 1/1" in my collection, but I "want" to have a "The Stand S/L".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I don't mean to ruin the mood, but wasn't this the King "Collectible Must have" discussion that started in "Collecting Questions"? Just curious as to how to respond. There is a BIG difference in the two subjects. IMHO

For example, I feel that I "Must Have" a "Carrie 1/1" in my collection, but I "want" to have a "The Stand S/L".
    It is. I made a judgement call and phrased it "most wanted". Take it as you will.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post

It is. I made a judgement call and phrased it "most wanted". Take it as you will.
    I mean no disrespect, but I think we have a thread for "Most wanted" or close to that. A "Must Have" thread would I believe be a "new" topic. Of course, I'll let the "Mods" sort that out. Regardless a great idea.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post

I mean no disrespect, but I think we have a thread for "Most wanted" or close to that. A "Must Have" thread would I believe be a "new" topic. Of course, I'll let the "Mods" sort that out. Regardless a great idea.
    Probably is....search function on this site isn't the easiest to navigate, so I started anew. Too late on a Sunday to get technical...ugh.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Feel free to move my not too serious want list to any thread you like, or you may destroy it utterly if you so desire! Hahahahahahahahaha, and HA!

Seriously though, it's hard to pick just 10, but I'll try:

1. Lettered, asbestos FIRESTARTER
    2. S/L THE STAND
    3. CARRIE proof
    4. S/L Sub Press THE GREEN MILE
    5. Lettered Sub Press THE GREEN MILE
    6. MY PRETTY PONY with the digital clock
    7. SALEM'S LOT with the 2nd state dust jacket MINT!
    8. Lettered DOLAN'S CADILLAC
    9. SIX STORIES numbered version
    10. THE NEW LIEUTENANT'S RAP

Darn, forgot this one - 11. Lettered REGULATORS
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Hmm this thread seems to be a combination of Top Ten Already Haves and Top Ten Wants.

Becca - those are all amazing.
    ur2ndbiggestfan - loved your first want list. I wish you all the best in acquiring those.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Hmm this thread seems to be a combination of Top Ten Already Haves and Top Ten Wants.

ur2ndbiggestfan - loved your first want list. I wish you all the best in acquiring those.
    Thanks - I got confused as I was reading thru the thread after I posted... was I supposed to post faves from my collection or favorite wants - LOL
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I think it started as a Top Ten Haves then the Top Ten Wants was merged into it. Confused me too but love your Haves!

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Thanks - I got confused as I was reading thru the thread after I posted... was I supposed to post faves from my collection or favorite wants - LOL

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it started as a Top Ten Haves then the Top Ten Wants was merged into it. Confused me too but love your Haves!

I merged two similar threads. I also changed the title to reflect that the top ten could be a wish list, or an already have list. Hope that works.

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I merged two similar threads. I also changed the title to reflect that the top ten could be a wish list, or an already have list. Hope that works.
    Appreciate the title change. Life is challenging enuf already without confusing thread titles. One less thing to think about LOL

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Appreciate the title change. Life is challenging enuf already without confusing thread titles. One less thing to think about LOL
    Happy to make things simple for you...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What are your top X most wanted books?

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

1. 1st/1st Carrie F/F signed and dated in year of publication
    2. Lettered Green Mile
    3. Salem's Lot 1st/3rd state F/F
    4. Marshroots
    5. Ubris Spring 1968
    6. Ubris Spring 1969
    7. Ubris Fall 1969
    8. Onan
    9. UK 1978 The Stand 1st F/F
    10. UK Night Shift 1st F/F

Don't think I will be getting them all in 2014, but would love to have them at some point.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

As it relates to King, my most desired book is (and always will be until I get it) the S/L edition of THE STAND. The other nine (a 1st HC of NIGHT SHIFT, the S/L of SKELETON CREW, et al) are significantly less so...I really, really want the S/L of THE STAND.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    As it relates to King, my most desired book is (and always will be until I get it) the S/L edition of THE STAND. The other nine (a 1st HC of NIGHT SHIFT, the S/L of SKELETON CREW, et al) are significantly less so...I really, really want the S/L of THE STAND.
    It is definitely worth the desire! I just got mine last week and it is one of the coolest things I have EVER purchased.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast