Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Collecting Goals

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2014 Collecting Goals

Well, it is that time of the year again.....time to start looking forward to what we will add to our collection in the upcoming year.

My goals are simple.....

Gift Edition of The Shining (bumped from 2013)
    S/L Edition of the Shining (bumped from 2013)

1st Edition of Mr. Mercedes
    Signed 1st Edition of Mr. Mercedes
    Gift Edition of Mr. Mercedes (if one is produced)
    S/L Edition of Mr. Mercedes (if one is produced)

1st Edition of Revival
    Signed 1st Edition of Revival
    Gift Edition of Revival (if one is produced)
    S/L Edition of Revival (if one is produced)

And maybe a NLR.......

I for one would not be too upset if the only new books for 2014 were Mr. Mercedes and Revival......2013 was an expensive and busy year between Joyland, Doctor Sleep, The Dark Man, and The Shining.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I am just getting back into the collecting game, but am planning on obtaining the following:

Night Shift 1/1
    The Stand S/L
    Rage
    Firestarter S/L

If I get 3 out of the 4, 2014 will be a success.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

To spend less than 2013

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, me too
    We all float down here!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1. To complete collection of US 1st Edition/1st Printings.
    2. A few more Gift editions (It 25th Would be nice)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

To get some more signed 1st editions, all the new books for 2014. Specifically :
    The Shining - Holdorf edition
    FDNS - signed BOMC edition
    DT 3,4,5,6-signed 1sts

My grails right now are, set of matching s/l DT and a set of The Plant.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    To get some more signed 1st editions, all the new books for 2014. Specifically :
    The Shining - Holdorf edition
    FDNS - signed BOMC edition
    DT 3,4,5,6-signed 1sts

My grails right now are, set of matching s/l DT and a set of The Plant.
    If those grails are obtainable for you then you definitely have the wrong name!!!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

S/L Edition of the Shining (bumped from 2013)
    S/L of Mister Mercedes
    Signed Trade of Mister Mercedes
    S/L of Revival
    Signed Trade of Revival
    Spoiler:
    Sorry, I can't even print this one.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Compared to previous years my goals are very modest:

1) I want to add a bunch of trade 1st/1sts (or otherwise nice/collectible editions) of books by other authors to my library (Crichton, McCammon, Powers, Simmons, ....)
    2) I still need a Grant Gunslinger 1st edition to replace my Grant 2nd edition!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just want to get my #459 Dark Tower set paid off and in my clutches Then I will bid my time and get some great deals... I hope! Can I ask a question? Do you guys always go for both Gift and S/L?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

None of the items on my wanted list appeared for sale anywhere in 2013, so my 2014 wanted list is the same as my 2013 list.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Can I ask a question? Do you guys always go for both Gift and S/L?[/QUOTE]

gift, S/L, trade, trade UK, paperback us, paperback Uk, and proof. so yes.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

- New books coming out in GE and trade edition
    - Ten more short story first appearances. Magazines or anthologies, it doesn't matter
    - Skelelton Crew or Six Stories S/L
    - One DT S/L
    - Battleground
    - The Collector slipcases for The Dead Zone, CotW, The Gunslinger
    - Stephen King Goes to the Movies from SP
    - Ten anthologies

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I just want to get my #459 Dark Tower set paid off and in my clutches Then I will bid my time and get some great deals... I hope! Can I ask a question? Do you guys always go for both Gift and S/L?
    If a S/L is available, I go for that instead of the Gift. If a Gift is the only edition, then I buy one.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

English:
    Mr Mercedes US Proof
    Revival US Proof
    Revival UK Proof
    S/L Edition of Mr. Mercedes (if one is produced)
    Gift edition of Revival (if one is produced)
    Silver Bullet
    One for the road
    Cavalier with story The fifth quarter
    The long walk UK 1st
    Rage UK 1st
    The running man UK 1st
    Roadwork UK 1st

To have all those antologies that published a S. King story first.

Spanish:
    IT white cover edition (never saw one for sale)
    Dreamcatcher movie tie-in hardcover edition (never saw one for sale)

And the grails...well, not all during 2014, but at least one of 'em:
    The Stand S/L
    The New Lieutenant's rap
    Firestarter S/L
    The eyes of the Dragon S/L
    Last edited by Ari_Racing; 09-05-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Needed money a while back, so now I need to get the following back.
    S/L Insomnia
    S/L From a Buick 8
    S/L Colorado Kid (not sure which one)
    S/L Book of the Dead
    S/L Secretary 1 & 2 (matching numbers)

Remarques, Remarques, Remarques in my Dark Tower collection, Christine, Firestarter, EOD, Regulators, etc

S/L Mr. Mercedes and Revival (hoping!)
    S/L of Slave Girls of Gunpowder (c'mmon Joe!)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Betts has a Book of the Dead for $275. Buy it so I don't...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    shnnrc01 Has a PC Book of the Dead for less.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Read the whole Dark Tower series (bumped from 2013)

2. S/L of Mister Mercedes

3. S/L of Revival

4. Some form of Knowing Darkness

5. Buy another S/L DT series Volume

6. Find ANY SK S/L # 171, 19, or 719

7. Procure more Original Art and remarques

8. Make a My Collection Thread.

9. Crimson King Statue by Rachel Readman

10. One of those Dolso boxes with OA for Carrie, Salem's Lot, Night Shift, or the Shining (or maybe all four...long term goal, I know, lol)

19. Get post number 19 in this thread!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I am not giving up on 2013 yet. Still 20 days left. I will do my 2014 goals on January 1, 2014.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No offense to Dave, but I like the hunt of getting something for a lot less, though it gets harder to find things that others here don't see first. Good luck with your purchase - hahaha!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

shnnrc01 Has a PC Book of the Dead for less.
    Damn missed that. Thats a bloody good price.

No. I. Won't. Email. Him.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    I am just getting back into the collecting game, but am planning on obtaining the following:

Night Shift 1/1
    The Stand S/L
    Rage
    Firestarter S/L

If I get 3 out of the 4, 2014 will be a success.
    I apologize in advance but...

As I said, I apologize, but I do LOVE to crow!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    No offense to Dave, but I like the hunt of getting something for a lot less, though it gets harder to find things that others here don't see first. Good luck with your purchase - hahaha!
    Previous sale at Betts: Book of the Dead S/L #337 - Fine - $150

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks RT, I was thinking $275 was a good price based on seeing $350 asking prices elsewhere.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast