Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Haven Fund Raiser...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2014 Haven Fund Raiser...

Is just around the corner!!!! As most of you seasoned TDT.Org folks know, I am the Haven Fund Whore. As such, I am hard at work, even now, trying to come up with new and cool items for the HF. I need books!!! Preferably 1/1 editions that I can send out to various artists who help us out each year and have them remarqued for auction items.

A few that come to mind are...

Desperation (GE if possible)
    The Green Mile
    Duma key
    Everything's Eventual
    The Wasteland's
    Dr. Sleep
    IT (GE preferred)
    SOD Vol I/II
    FD/NS
    The Talisman
    The Dead Zone (Any edition)
    The Stand (original or Uncut)

Pretty much any edition illustrated by an artist. Feel free to post or PM me any questions/suggestions, but keep in mind we like to surprise folks with the auction items when they are posted.

Your help and generosity are more than greatly appreciated!!! Ka is a wheel, my friends!!! Happy Holidays to all!!!

Edit: For all you new members that have yet to experience the Haven Fund Raiser, in addition to awesome auction items, there are generally prizes, contests and benefits for donating to the Haven Fund. However, I will leave the finer details for, Jerome to explain. Suffice to say, that in addition to helping the Haven Fund, and all the good karma that brings, there is usually a lot of FUN to be had!!!

The Haven Fund Raiser, officially commences 1/1/14!!!
    Last edited by Merlin1958; 03-17-2014 at 05:53 PM.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I always love the fundraiser.

Speaking of which, have we ever discussed the idea of moving away from the Haven Foundation? Or potentially adding another charity and going 50/50? I'm a sucker for kids, so that is where I would want to go.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I always love the fundraiser.

Speaking of which, have we ever discussed the idea of moving away from the Haven Foundation? Or potentially adding another charity and going 50/50? I'm a sucker for kids, so that is where I would want to go.
    Well, I do A LOT of work for charity, not the least of which is for the SHRINER'S who are ALL about the kids, but I have come to compartmentalize my efforts. This is a great cause as well. And since it is sponsored by, Mr. King it seems to me to be very appropriate to this site. I also dedicate my efforts here to the memory of my Mom, and my nephew, Michael. It has been discussed in the past, but I think this is the appropriate charity for this venue. Doesn't mean you can't help out elsewhere as well. The Shriner's rarely advertise, but they do EXTREMELY AWESOME things for kids!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am especially looking for a 1/1 nice copy of "Everything's Eventual" for our now annual "Remarque Tour". I believe I have been able to add an artist this year to make the edition extra special. If you have a copy and are willing to donate it to this year's HF, not only will you receive "Giveaway" credit, but you will be part of an historic collector item. One of a kind!!!!

PM me if you can help out.

Edit: I think I can include a "Dolso" case as well, and maybe an "Insert Original Art" (like the "Dolso Art Cases") piece as well!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What are the dates this year? From when to when?

Mr. BB has come up with a great idea for Ambannon Books' auction donation this year. Stay tuned.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I am especially looking for a 1/1 nice copy of "Everything's Eventual" for our now annual "Remarque Tour". I believe I have been able to add an artist this year to make the edition extra special. If you have a copy and are willing to donate it to this year's HF, not only will you receive "Giveaway" credit, but you will be part of an historic collector item. One of a kind!!!!

PM me if you can help out.

Edit: I think I can include a "Dolso" case as well, and maybe an "Insert Original Art" (like the "Dolso Art Cases") piece as well!!!
    You have a PM Bill
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    What are the dates this year? From when to when?

Mr. BB has come up with a great idea for Ambannon Books' auction donation this year. Stay tuned.
    1/1/14 - 5/19/14

EE is taken care of!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I'd be happy to do some artwork again, like last year. And I'll also do personalized short stories or poems. I don't have many extra King books left, but I'll dig through the attic just in case. Any assets I can offer to help!!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

infinitly more than is this thread I'd be thinking Crystal
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Bomber" the Haven Fund Wonder Dog, hard at work for this year!!!

He is ready, are you?????? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a suggestion:

I think four months is WAY too much time for the fundraiser. Even when a lot of people here contribute and help, last year it became (IMHO) a little boring. I'm pretty sure that it'd raise the same amount in less time (for example, eight weeks) and, at the same time, give the forum a more agile activity.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Just a suggestion:

I think four months is WAY too much time for the fundraiser. Even when a lot of people here contribute and help, last year it became (IMHO) a little boring. I'm pretty sure that it'd raise the same amount in less time (for example, eight weeks) and, at the same time, give the forum a more agile activity.
    I hear what you are saying and I don't necessarily disagree, but the logistics involved in obtaining the auction items is well, massive. I got a late start this year and we are scrambling for items. It has become an almost year round effort, behind the scenes. Therefore, the additional months are quite a blessing. Ari, we can always use an extra pair of hands!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

4 months also lends time for us folks who are not super flush to earn (and then spend) ducats for charity!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. I really wish I could do more but with three jobs, my brain is completely washed by that moment of the day when I finish working.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I suggest Ari lends us a little of his winning luck! And, from a "business" perspective, keep up the 4 month time frame this year and discuss possible adjustments for the future. I really don't know very much about the planning (except there is a lot of work involved!) but it would be interesting to have a discussion with the community about how the Haven Fundraiser might be made even more awesome (is it possible for something so awesome to improve??)

For me, I like the reminders and knowing I have more time to find money... or to contribute items for auctions... etc. But perhaps more could be done "behind the scenes" so the actual 'event' is shorter and more, uh, eventful? lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I need a copy of "The Wasteland's" for this year. Anyone? Become part of a memorable collectible item!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

For me, I like the reminders and knowing I have more time to find money... or to contribute items for auctions... etc. But perhaps more could be done "behind the scenes" so the actual 'event' is shorter and more, uh, eventful? lol
    Excellent idea.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Excellent idea.

Was the $5 in the banner a test? I was hoping to be the first person to donate. but when i logged on, someone already donated $5. Was a second again???????????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Excellent idea.

Was the $5 in the banner a test? I was hoping to be the first person to donate. but when i logged on, someone already donated $5. Was a second again???????????

Yes, times 2!! LOL You can't beat "The Haven Fund Whore", but the enthusiasm is greatly appreciated!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW folks, the "2014 Haven Fundraiser", has officially begun!!!

The "widget" is up (thanks RF!!!) and already taking donations!! There are some very cool items in the works so keep a weather eye out!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The "widget" is up (thanks RF!!!) and already taking donations!! There are some very cool items in the works so keep a weather eye out!!
    Been there, seen it, gave a donation!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Been there, seen it, gave a donation!
    Goblin's:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Made my first of the season.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Made my first of the season.
    You're a good man!!! Many thanks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We need many more "Generous Souls"!!! C'mon,Folks!! Give o those in need!!! Stephen King Commands it!! LOL

$1, $2 anything you can manage is greatly appreciated!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast