Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Results 326 to 332 of 332

Thread: King on Twitter

  1. #326
    Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,853
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I think King is brilliant on Twitter. Whenever he causes a storm because of his beliefs, he just puts up a cudly picture of his corgi and all is forgiven. Check it out for yourself.

  2. #327
    Great Old One Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adrogué, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    8,997
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    He would have done himself a huge favor by staying off it. The efforts of an old, rich white guy to stay "hep" with the new woke crowd are downright embarrassing. And much of time he misses the mark even with the woke crowd. This week he had made derogatory references to the appearance of a female due to her political views. It is sad that someone like King turned into a shill for the government including censorship of fellow writers. Forever tainting his legacy.
    He’s only tainted his “legacy” in your eyes because he doesn’t share your political views. That’s what it comes down to. Like if you actually cared that King said someone looked like a Barbie doll because of all the makeup then I assume you condemned Trump for all the times he said worse about women, calling them “fat pigs” and etcetera? Probably not.

    Otherwise his legacy is doing fine. He’s one of the world’s most celebrated authors and at 75 he’s still in the bestsellers list and Hollywood is sifting through his backlog to adapt his work.
    I know you can't get past that narrative, but I'm all for King having the right to make his political opinions known. Unlike him, however, I do not support censorship because others might disagree with me. I do not suggest it is dangerous for there to be opposing views to my own. King has used Twitter to advocate for censorship. He has used Twitter to insult others because of their political views. As you note, just this week he insulted the appearance of a female because she works on Fox News. I disagree with that and support free speech for everyone. Not just those that I agree with. I would not advocate censorship of any Democrat. Rather vote them out of office as will happen next week. That is how democracy works. A free exchange of ideas followed by an election in which the voters get to decide.

    It does sadden and disappoint me that someone like King who, as a horror writer, was for many decades on the critical end of political correctness suddenly becoming a shill for censorship of others. He more than anyone should have stood up to the bullying instead of taking the cowards way out. King, as a writer, certainly has benefited from having the freedom to write books that many objected too. You only have to look to history to understand that artists are more dangerous propagandists than government bureaucrats. Orwell got that part wrong. The Germans recruited talented artists like Leni Riefenstahl to promote their cause. We have Hollywood-types and folks like King collaborating for censorship. History holds those types in contempt.
    It seems Democrats were not voted out of the office in the end
    Wanted list:
    The Maine Review - July 1975

  3. #328
    Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,238
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Rofl I was this close to editing my post and adding "How'd that work out for you?" in response to that bit.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

    My Collection

  4. #329
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    To the left of most everyone.
    Posts
    10,351
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Certainly no red wave. The House and Senate still might flip Republican though. They're leading in both races.

    That would turn Biden from merely a lame to a lame duck.
    “For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”―Carl Sagan

    Institutional recitation of indoctrination propaganda shouldn't be encouraged in a free society.

  5. #330
    Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,637
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Talking about duck... a month or so ago, chess.com added a duck chess variant.
    Meaning that a duck gets onto the chessboard to block moves

    Quite funny and adding a complexity layers if you're into chess

    > https://www.chess.com/terms/duck-chess
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

  6. #331
    Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,238
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Certainly no red wave. The House and Senate still might flip Republican though. They're leading in both races.
    Uh.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

    My Collection

  7. #332
    "I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    To the left of most everyone.
    Posts
    10,351
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Certainly no red wave. The House and Senate still might flip Republican though. They're leading in both races.
    Uh.
    RealClearPolitics has given the Democrat candidate Nevada. They are .7 points apart with 98% reported. ~6500 votes difference. If that ends up being true the Democrats held the Senate.

    There's no automatic recount in Nevada. The losing candidate can request one though.
    “For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”―Carl Sagan

    Institutional recitation of indoctrination propaganda shouldn't be encouraged in a free society.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts