Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: King on Twitter

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think King is brilliant on Twitter. Whenever he causes a storm because of his beliefs, he just puts up a cudly picture of his corgi and all is forgiven. Check it out for yourself.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    He would have done himself a huge favor by staying off it. The efforts of an old, rich white guy to stay "hep" with the new woke crowd are downright embarrassing. And much of time he misses the mark even with the woke crowd. This week he had made derogatory references to the appearance of a female due to her political views. It is sad that someone like King turned into a shill for the government including censorship of fellow writers. Forever tainting his legacy.
    He’s only tainted his “legacy” in your eyes because he doesn’t share your political views. That’s what it comes down to. Like if you actually cared that King said someone looked like a Barbie doll because of all the makeup then I assume you condemned Trump for all the times he said worse about women, calling them “fat pigs” and etcetera? Probably not.

Otherwise his legacy is doing fine. He’s one of the world’s most celebrated authors and at 75 he’s still in the bestsellers list and Hollywood is sifting through his backlog to adapt his work.
    I know you can't get past that narrative, but I'm all for King having the right to make his political opinions known. Unlike him, however, I do not support censorship because others might disagree with me. I do not suggest it is dangerous for there to be opposing views to my own. King has used Twitter to advocate for censorship. He has used Twitter to insult others because of their political views. As you note, just this week he insulted the appearance of a female because she works on Fox News. I disagree with that and support free speech for everyone. Not just those that I agree with. I would not advocate censorship of any Democrat. Rather vote them out of office as will happen next week. That is how democracy works. A free exchange of ideas followed by an election in which the voters get to decide.

It does sadden and disappoint me that someone like King who, as a horror writer, was for many decades on the critical end of political correctness suddenly becoming a shill for censorship of others. He more than anyone should have stood up to the bullying instead of taking the cowards way out. King, as a writer, certainly has benefited from having the freedom to write books that many objected too. You only have to look to history to understand that artists are more dangerous propagandists than government bureaucrats. Orwell got that part wrong. The Germans recruited talented artists like Leni Riefenstahl to promote their cause. We have Hollywood-types and folks like King collaborating for censorship. History holds those types in contempt.
    It seems Democrats were not voted out of the office in the end
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rofl I was this close to editing my post and adding "How'd that work out for you?" in response to that bit.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Certainly no red wave. The House and Senate still might flip Republican though. They're leading in both races.

That would turn Biden from merely a lame to a lame duck.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Talking about duck... a month or so ago, chess.com added a duck chess variant.
    Meaning that a duck gets onto the chessboard to block moves

Quite funny and adding a complexity layers if you're into chess

> https://www.chess.com/terms/duck-chess
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Certainly no red wave. The House and Senate still might flip Republican though. They're leading in both races.
    Uh.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Uh.
    RealClearPolitics has given the Democrat candidate Nevada. They are .7 points apart with 98% reported. ~6500 votes difference. If that ends up being true the Democrats held the Senate.

There's no automatic recount in Nevada. The losing candidate can request one though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://variety.com/2023/digital/new...ks-1235590777/
    The squeaky wheel gets the Twitter blue check-mark, it seems.

After Twitter’s mass revocation Thursday of thousands of “legacy” verified blue check-marks, carrying out owner Elon Musk’s long-promised purge of the “corrupt” system, several high-profile accounts still had the iconic blue badges… even though they evidently aren’t paying for Twitter Blue (the subscription service whose perks now include a blue check-mark).

Those included NBA superstar LeBron James, actor William Shatner and author Stephen King — each of whom had tweeted that they wouldn’t pay for Twitter Blue or had complained about Musk’s switch in the verification program.

Musk later said he was “personally” paying for Twitter Blue on behalf of James, Shatner and King. Musk, who serves as CEO of Twitter as well as Tesla and SpaceX, currently has a net worth north of $173 billion. (It’s unclear whether Musk is in fact paying his own company for those subscriptions or if Twitter is just waiving the fees.)

On Thursday, King expressed confusion about the situation, tweeting, “My Twitter account says I’ve subscribed to Twitter Blue. I haven’t. My Twitter account says I’ve given a phone number. I haven’t.” Musk later replied to him, “You’re welcome namaste 🙏.”

In October 2022, King, responding to an earlier report that Twitter was mulling a $20/month charge for blue check-marks, wrote, “Fuck that, they should pay me. If that gets instituted, I’m gone like Enron.” The legendary horror writer added, “It ain’t the money, it’s the principle of the thing.” Musk at the time told King, “We need to pay the bills somehow! Twitter cannot rely entirely on advertisers. How about $8 [per month]?”

James had tweeted on March 31: “Welp guess my blue ✔️ will be gone soon cause if you know me I ain’t paying the 5. 🤷🏾*♂️.” And Shatner had tweeted at Musk, “Hey @elonmusk what’s this about blue checks going away unless we pay Twitter? I’ve been here for 15 years giving my ⏰ & witty thoughts all for bupkis. Now you’re telling me that I have to pay for something you gave me for free? What is this – the Colombia Records & Tape Club?🙄”

In addition to James, King and Shatner, other celebrities with massive Twitter followings — including Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Ellen DeGeneres and Miley Cyrus — also continue to display the verified blue check-mark. It’s unclear whether those accounts are paying for Twitter Blue or if Twitter is also comping them.

Ice-T, the actor and music artist, still has a verified blue check-mark on Twitter for some reason. He thinks the whole subject is fairly ridiculous. “The fact that we’re even discussing Blue Check marks is a Sad moment in society. Smh lol,” he tweeted Thursday.

Among other reactions, Ben Stiller tweeted, “No blue check, still feel like me.” Sesame Street’s Grover also commented on the loss of his blue badge. “My cute adorable blue checkmark is now gone, but I, your cute adorable blue monster, am still here!” the character told his 190,000 Twitter fans.

Country
    Country Flag

Musk tried to make it look like King was paying for his own checkmark because King was one of the celebrities who was pretty vocal about not paying for Twitter Blue. Pretty pathetic and childish but that's to be expected. He's constantly trying to get King's attention on twitter nowadays and King just ignores him whenever he gets a tweet from him.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If King had any balls and wasn't interested in using Twitter as a free platform, he would simply stop using Twitter. As in the past King is only interested in making money, while shelling out little or nothing. He's a duplicitous cheapskate.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    As in the past King is only interested in making money, while shelling out little or nothing. He's a duplicitous cheapskate.
    He regularly donates millions to charity. The last thing he is is a miser.

My Collection

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

If King had any balls and wasn't interested in using Twitter as a free platform, he would simply stop using Twitter. As in the past King is only interested in making money, while shelling out little or nothing. He's a duplicitous cheapskate.
    I was under the impression that his publisher or manager or whatever kind of forced him onto Twitter. I've seen other writers say this so that they reach a wider, younger audience. I don't know if King really wants to be there or not.
    And RF, you definitely know him more than I do but he has done a lot for different charities, including Haven

Here Are The Charitable Causes Stephen King Has Supported Over The Years This list is two years old.

EDIT: I do agree he should leave twitter.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Just to add to all the fun Musk is having, Twitter is now X corp when dealing with matters of business.

Twitter informed business users Tuesday it is now conducting business as X Corp., confirming a transition previously indicated in court filings as the firm's billionaire chief, Elon Musk, continues to reshape the social media company toward his ultimate vision of the X “everything app.”

And if you look in the corner of the app with the details, it does say. X corp now instead of Twitter

He's attacked PBS, NPR (both left X corp), The NYT and Substack within a week. Seems he has issues with organizations that provide news. Is he trying to make X Corp into a monopoly on News and Information? I really don't know what the hell he is doing but I'm no rocket scientist. Did everyone see his rocket explode btw?

"I think Mr. Musk should give my blue check to charity. I recommend the Prytula Foundation, which provides lifesaving services in Ukraine. It's only $8, so perhaps Mr. Musk could add a bit more."

@StephenKing

(about five minutes ago)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hey guys, maybe we can help!

It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

I got secondhand embarrassment just seeing the Babylon Bee logo there.

My Collection

I got secondhand embarrassment just seeing the Babylon Bee logo there.
    Same

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can say several reasons why we stopped doing the fundraiser for The Haven Foundation, but there is little or nothing to be gained by the disclosure.

I can say several reasons why we stopped doing the fundraiser for The Haven Foundation, but there is little or nothing to be gained by the disclosure.
    Fair enough. I don't know every(any)thing so I shouldn't have spoke on it.

Seems Musk is allowing Legacy Checks to stay with members that have more than a million followers. Making it up as he goes along.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If someone ever asked, I'd probably tell the story...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

If someone ever asked, I'd probably tell the story...
    Ok; let's have it.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Go for it.

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see I'm not the only one getting Annie Wilkes vibes from Musk.

https://twitter.com/Hellpug/status/1649982705302659072/

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast