Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: King on Twitter

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn’t suggesting they were. The point was some of the users playing devil’s advocate are the same ones who get upset and write lengthy responses to King saying something negative about Trump.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I wonder how many of the people suggesting we should just ignore Rowling for her using her celebrity status to undermine a marginalized group will do the same next time King insults Trump or Republicans.
    So in your statement you imply that you don’t believe women are a marginalized group? So therefore they have achieved full equality in society?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Seems like an awful lot of effort to make sure that a bunch of people with dicks (cough cough, males, cough) get access to girls'/women's locker rooms and other resources (a dubious goal if ever there was one).

I remain so glad that this insanity didn't exist when my daughters went to school.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Seems like an awful lot of effort to make sure that a bunch of people with dicks (cough cough, males, cough) get access to girls'/women's locker rooms and other resources (a dubious goal if ever there was one).

I remain so glad that this insanity didn't exist when my daughters went to school.
    You really need to educate yourself more on this topic. Go read some things and come back.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

You really need to educate yourself more on this topic. Go read some things and come back.
    If I’m being honest I don’t exactly disagree with St. Troy. I worked for years in a hospital with a clinic for kids who believed they were transgender. They had kids as young as 5 (we all know who is pushing that decision). One of the tenants was that these kids be able to use the bathrooms they identified with. I can’t imagine subjecting my young daughter to a school or public place that would allow boys who believed they were girls to use their bathroom. I’m sure that would inflict some psychological harm on young girls not having a space to call their own free from boys because, although they might think they are girls, their genitalia says otherwise.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thank you, Joe315, for providing the obvious response for which I was hoping, because...it is so profoundly ironic and amusing to be told that I require education by individuals that don't know what "male" and "female" mean.

Ever watched a nature show? Ever seen the lion with a big set of balls swinging? That is the male.

Education is when you learn that.

Indoctrination is when you "learn" anything that differs from that.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    ...I can’t imagine subjecting my young daughter to a school or public place that would allow boys who believed they were girls to use their bathroom.
    When my girls were in school, I'd never have allowed it. Again, thank God this insanity had yet to take hold.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Thank you, Joe315, for providing the obvious response for which I was hoping, because...it is so profoundly ironic and amusing to be told that I require education by individuals that don't know what "male" and "female" mean.

Ever watched a nature show? Ever seen the lion with a big set of balls swinging? That is the male.

It took me a long time to learn that there is a difference between sex and gender. And that in some people, they don't match.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

So ... that King guy. On Twitter. Remember him?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I worked for years in a hospital with a clinic for kids who believed they were transgender. They had kids as young as 5 (we all know who is pushing that decision).
    Based on the wording you used, I'm almost afraid to ask what happened to these kids.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody actually taken a survey of (grown) women about who uses the "women's" room? In this day and age I seriously doubt many give a shit. Go to the stall, do your thing and out!
    Or is this again just an argument by men trying to save us little ladies, like the pig-ignorant dumber than a doornail Texas Lt Gov who uses fear and hate to try to pass bathroom bills. I can guarantee we don't need your macho crap to protect us. More than likely some guy who goes into a women's room with evil intentions - some little lady is gonna blow off his male parts with her Walther. (Well, that's what I have). Little kids, maybe different story.

And to all the guys from 35, 40 years ago when there were really long lines at the women's rooms at the concerts at the Summit or Astrodome - thanks for letting us into your turf to go. And not ever a hassle when we asked if we could.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A few more comments and then can we please move on.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So in your statement you imply that you don’t believe women are a marginalized group? So therefore they have achieved full equality in society?
    Huh? When did you even infer that? (And if this some way to justify JK’s transphobia because she’s a woman and part of a marginalized group, that’s not how these things work. If a woman hates gay people her bigotry isn’t cancelled out because she herself might face misogyny.)

I knew all along this was why you and the others were playing devil’s advocate for Rowling but I am curious as to why you refused to admit you hate trans people from the getgo instead of wasting our time with this cancel culture nonsense.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I understand the difference between SEX (XX, XY) and GENDER. It does not seem like you do. Sex is biological and Gender is a social construct pretty much unique to humans.

This issue isn't about what lies between your legs. It's about what you identify as. There are people who don't identify with their biological sex and living as another gender feels more normal for them. Those individuals would like to live in that way without being discriminated against. It's similar to someone wanting to wear a religious symbol openly on their person but get discriminated against for it. You should be able to show that you are a christian, jew, muslim, buddhist, etc. without fear of being ostracized just for expressing that.

It is a very complex issue that is not a simple as letting a guy use a woman's bathroom. Honestly, I'd rather we not have to worry about all about identity politics and treat people as MLK wanted, by the content of their character. I don't give flying fuck what gender, race, religion, whatever you are. But I do care when people think it is ok to discriminate against someone because they are different than them (not accusing you of that btw, I don't actually know you). Similarly, I don't like when people use their gender, race, etc. to get away with something.

And that lion you mention doesn't know what gender is. WE have assigned a gender to it because we have big brains and need to catalogue and describe everything we come across. (Think of how confusing it must have been to see a seahorse give birth and be like wait, thats the male seahorse, what the fuck is happening?) Our big brains is part of what makes this an issue. We are sometimes too intelligent for our own good. We should be worrying about much bigger issues like not bombing each other and pollution issues, instead of whether or not someone with a penis and testicles can identify as female.

Country
    Country Flag

If I’m being honest I don’t exactly disagree with St. Troy. I worked for years in a hospital with a clinic for kids who believed they were transgender. They had kids as young as 5 (we all know who is pushing that decision). One of the tenants was that these kids be able to use the bathrooms they identified with. I can’t imagine subjecting my young daughter to a school or public place that would allow boys who believed they were girls to use their bathroom. I’m sure that would inflict some psychological harm on young girls not having a space to call their own free from boys because, although they might think they are girls, their genitalia says otherwise.
    I do have an issue with how young some kids start identifying as the opposite gender and are given hormone treatments to reflect that identification. I don't think they have the intellectual capacity to understand transgenderism. And undergoing hormone treatments before their brains are fully developed (which doesn't happen until about age 27) has the potential to really fuck them up. Also, because of how gender roles can sometimes be experienced by children a girl who likes toy trucks and playing sports instead may think they are a boy when in reality they just like cars and sports. A boy who plays with a barbie and likes the color pink isn't a girl they just like barbies. Kids don't need to be asked to identify at that age. Let them enjoy kid things. As I mentioned in a previous post humans have the need to categorize things because we feel it'll help us better understand the world around us. Sometimes it helps and others it doesn't. Unless someone is hurting another in their pursuit of happiness we should just let people live.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd guess that she is a woman.
    I'd guess your are a man.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Has anybody actually taken a survey of (grown) women about who uses the "women's" room? In this day and age I seriously doubt many give a shit. Go to the stall, do your thing and out!
    Or is this again just an argument by men trying to save us little ladies, like the pig-ignorant dumber than a doornail Texas Lt Gov who uses fear and hate to try to pass bathroom bills. I can guarantee we don't need your macho crap to protect us. More than likely some guy who goes into a women's room with evil intentions - some little lady is gonna blow off his male parts with her Walther. (Well, that's what I have). Little kids, maybe different story.

And to all the guys from 35, 40 years ago when there were really long lines at the women's rooms at the concerts at the Summit or Astrodome - thanks for letting us into your turf to go. And not ever a hassle when we asked if we could.
    Wait....you're a girl?!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now, if you can put yourself in someone else's shoes for a moment, imagine your daughters were trans instead of cis. Would you want your trans daughters going into the boys bathroom, as they were assigned male at birth after all? Think about that, a trans girl in a boy's bathroom, where she would no doubt be treated with kindness and respect for her gender identity, because we all know how empathetic and kind teenage boys are in general.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do have an issue with how young some kids start identifying as the opposite gender and are given hormone treatments to reflect that identification.
    This actually doesn't happen, no one is given hormones under 18. What they may be given is puberty blockers, that's very different, and fully reversible. It gives them time to explore their gender and maybe they aren't trans, which is fine. But what puberty blockers allow is if the kid really is trans, they don't have to go through the wrong puberty, and their transition and societal passing will be that much smoother in most cases.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I do have an issue with how young some kids start identifying as the opposite gender and are given hormone treatments to reflect that identification.
    This actually doesn't happen, no one is given hormones under 18. What they may be given is puberty blockers, that's very different, and fully reversible. It gives them time to explore their gender and maybe they aren't trans, which is fine. But what puberty blockers allow is if the kid really is trans, they don't have to go through the wrong puberty, and their transition and societal passing will be that much smoother in most cases.
    Is that a legal thing or just doctor recommendation?

The long-term effects of the puberty blockers aren’t yet clear either. The idea of stopping your bodies growth scares me. What is it doing to your body? Your brain? How of going to affect you long term physically?

Country
    Country Flag

That is true but there are always benefits and risks with pretty much any medical treatment.

Country
    Country Flag

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I guess by implication he means everyone who voted for Trump (i.e. 70+ million Americans) are the "bad" guys. Way to bring us all together Stevie! Vilifying the opposition. That's the spirit of reconciliation. I thought for a second there that he might be condemning those "super spreader" gatherings to celebrate Biden's election. But apparently the virus threat is over. It's a miracle. It was too dangerous to vote in person but not to celebrate the election results. At least according to CNN. And why should we doubt them?

Gunslinger Apprentice fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad is a jewel in the rough fitomad's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This has been a strange week for King followers on twitter...

It could be summarized in this post

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fitomad View Post
    This has been a strange week for King followers on twitter...

It could be summarized in this post
    Wow. I had missed this one. Beginning to think Old Steve is going completely off his nut. Is this an example of the spirit of reconciliation that was promised after the "divisive" Trump years?

You lost, you miserable self-entitled infantile fucker. Concede and get the hell out.
    — Stephen King (@StephenKing) November 8, 2020

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast