Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Live Music Thread

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, I'd pay TWO thousand for U2.

And I think what you said about it being a shitty thing to do to the fans reinforces my preference to traveling for book signings rather than concerts. Usually the price is the price of the book, you get good seats every time, and face time with the person you're paying to see.

Your timeline of the concert people hating.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

And I think what you said about it being a shitty thing to do to the fans reinforces my preference to traveling for book signings rather than concerts. Usually the price is the price of the book, you get good seats every time, and face time with the person you're paying to see.
    It makes complete sense. It's like you're getting VIP treatment without paying extra every time. haha
    So, I've never been to a book signing, but I did go to that King event back when End of Watch was released. Since I had never done it before, I was all blown away by the fact that my ticket included my seat and a copy of the book, like "What a steal! This is the best thing ever"

Your timeline of the concert people hating.
    It's true, Ricky!
    And then, after you leave the show, you're in your car, trying to get home in all the traffic and the hate slowly begins to return as you think of the episode of The Office when Dwight said "There are too many people on this Earth. What we need is another plague."

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The best remedy for concerts and the stupid, smelly, view obscuring people is...go to the concert...don't wear pants!! It is even more effective if you wear those white fruit of the loom briefs and add a few well placed, well colored (green works) stains. Tighty whities with green, brown,orange and yellow stains may prevent you from getting back stage passes but the lines to the bathroom and beer stands just evaporate (Drink from the cocktail stands. You will clear the lines faster. The ladies in THOSE lines much more repulsed by this type of apparel. Avoid the whiskey stands.)

As to traffic...just drink a lot and pass out. The parking lot and roads are usually clear by the next morning
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm going to see Brian Fallon perform Monday night. I'm not just excited because it's Brian Fallon, but also because it's in a fairly small/intimate venue that I've yet to go to.
    Having said that, I am slightly nervous that it's gonna be one of those places/settings where everyone remains seated during the show. Have you guys ever been to a show where no one stood up? I had that happen on two occasions and it was the weirdest fucking thing in the world for me.

I went to a concert at the most pretentious place ever last night. So I knew the venue was also a winery, but I didn't know that the venue's "seats" were at these long rows of tables where you had to sit directly next to and across from other people the whole night. The lady showed us to our seats and then we were immediately greeted by our server for the night. My husband and I were so uncomfortable and told the server we would need a few minutes to look at our menu. To add to the awkwardness, a couple then sat down across from us and introduced themselves. My husband and I sat there for a few minutes, then got up from the table and found a spot against the back wall for a bit, just to feel more normal.
    I guess I understand going to a show and sitting at a table if you're seeing Wayne Newton or something, but it was just super bizarre to go to a rock show and see people ordering/eating entire meals during a concert.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a weird set-up. I would have done the exact same thing as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I went to a concert at the most pretentious place ever last night. So I knew the venue was also a winery, but I didn't know that the venue's "seats" were at these long rows of tables where you had to sit directly next to and across from other people the whole night. The lady showed us to our seats and then we were immediately greeted by our server for the night. My husband and I were so uncomfortable and told the server we would need a few minutes to look at our menu. To add to the awkwardness, a couple then sat down across from us and introduced themselves. My husband and I sat there for a few minutes, then got up from the table and found a spot against the back wall for a bit, just to feel more normal.
    I guess I understand going to a show and sitting at a table if you're seeing Wayne Newton or something, but it was just super bizarre to go to a rock show and see people ordering/eating entire meals during a concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    That is a weird set-up. I would have done the exact same thing as you.

It was crazy! My husband and I couldn't stop laughing at the entire thing all night. He talked to the merch guy at one point and asked: "Why did ya'll book this place to play at?" and the guy was all: "It was last minute and we won't do it again."
    I was at least relieved that the band saw how out of whack the whole thing was.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be seeing the almighty Sleep this Saturday in Detroit.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I love it when singers stop singing for a second and let the audience be heard singing along. Always a fun feeling. I haven't been to a live show in quite awhile.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh how bizarre! Was food served in the mosh pit? Maybe they used the mosh pit to stomp the next batch of grapes.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

We went to a concert last summer, it's at this small music hall, but they have tables there and most people go earlier and order dinner before the show. I've been there twice now, the first time was for a rather unknown person. We went to dinner beforehand and got there right as the show started, the whole upstairs was open, so we found some sofas up there and sat and enjoyed the show. The next time we went earlier, but underestimated how early to get there so the place was pretty much almost full. The person brought us upstairs to a booth where there was already 1 guy sitting there and kindly asked him if we could join him. Good thing he was super cool, but it was a bit awkward sitting at a small booth with a stranger

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yoooo, Slayer is playing four minutes from my home and Napalm Death got added to the show. Just look at this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgB41XRlds7/

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    We went to a concert last summer, it's at this small music hall, but they have tables there and most people go earlier and order dinner before the show. I've been there twice now, the first time was for a rather unknown person. We went to dinner beforehand and got there right as the show started, the whole upstairs was open, so we found some sofas up there and sat and enjoyed the show. The next time we went earlier, but underestimated how early to get there so the place was pretty much almost full. The person brought us upstairs to a booth where there was already 1 guy sitting there and kindly asked him if we could join him. Good thing he was super cool, but it was a bit awkward sitting at a small booth with a stranger
    Heather, that sounds super awkward.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Yoooo, Slayer is playing four minutes from my home and Napalm Death got added to the show. Just look at this:

Slayer, LoG, Testament, Anthrax !!?? Where is this blue heaven taking place?

EDIT: Oh fuck me! it's in London. FUCK!! First it's taxation without representation and now THIS!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Old school here. Best Bar Band that ever roamed the 48. Many great memories seeing these guys over the years!

[/QUOTE]

Love Alice Cooper here, so much fun....

DELETED

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Slayer, LoG, Testament, Anthrax !!?? Where is this blue heaven taking place?

EDIT: Oh fuck me! it's in London. FUCK!! First it's taxation without representation and now THIS!!
    Haha. It is London but of the Ontario variety. The entire second leg of that tour has that same line-up.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Wow. I was being a cynic when I clicked on this link. I was thinking I was going to cringe at an old Alice Cooper trying to be relevant now in his sixties (seventies?). How wrong I was. He’s still got it!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post

DELETED
    Wow. I was being a cynic when I clicked on this link. I was thinking I was going to cringe at an old Alice Cooper trying to be relevant now in his sixties (seventies?). How wrong I was. He’s still got it!
    Perfect casting, love it! I recommend the whole show btw, it was really good. John Legend was a little wooden on stage but Judas was the real star.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Perfect casting, love it! I recommend the whole show btw, it was really good. John Legend was a little wooden on stage but Judas was the real star.
    Cool I’ll check it out. Thanks for the rec, Tommy.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

I switched out my links for a longer vid that shows Cooper's entrance and more after the song ends as well, just fyi!

EDIT
    And my links were DELETED

omit

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool I’ll check it out. Thanks for the rec, Tommy.

Yeah. I hadn't pictured Cooper as Judas. But Cooper was on point in his concert two years ago. Never missed a beat.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From P.G. County, Yo! My homies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast