Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Your order of the series.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Song of Susannah
    2. the Wastelands - the Gunslinger
    3. Wizard and Glass
    4. Wolves of the Calla - the Dark Tower
    5. the Drawing of the Three

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really sad to see so many people put SoS at the bottom of their list I really don't understand it.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I lack an understanding of it also. I made a thread talking about this very subject and I still don't get it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Of course, I don't get how WOTC and Dark Tower can be on the lowest rung in your choices...
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The World Series? Who the heck won anyhow?

LOL LOL

Sorry, couldn't resist

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    I'm really sad to see so many people put SoS at the bottom of their list I really don't understand it.
    I don't, either.

Une amie of mine, believe it or not, put The Drawing of the Three at the bottom of her list; that's even harder to believe, isn't it?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice lisaki is on a distinguished road lisaki's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SoS is great. But the Ka tet is NEVER together in this book. Not in a single scene. I have Wizard and Glass as my favorite because it's the only one in the series that can be read without reading the others. It stands alone.
    Also, SoS is a little short.
    So is The Gunslinger.
    Lame reasons to put them in the bottom of my list, but I like long books.
    ...and a signature

John F. Kennedy sofaki is on a distinguished road sofaki's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. The Dark Tower
    2. The Drawing of the Three
    3. Wizard and Glass
    4. The Wastelands
    5. Wolves of the Calla
    6. Song of Susannah
    7. The Gunslinger

It was really hard to do it, cause i love them ALL!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lisaki View Post
    SoS is great. But the Ka tet is NEVER together in this book. Not in a single scene. I have Wizard and Glass as my favorite because it's the only one in the series that can be read without reading the others. It stands alone.
    Also, SoS is a little short.
    So is The Gunslinger.
    Lame reasons to put them in the bottom of my list, but I like long books.
    I think the Gunslinger can stand alone, too. Quite well.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Of course, I don't get how WOTC and Dark Tower can be on the lowest rung in your choices...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I don't, either.

Une amie of mine, believe it or not, put The Drawing of the Three at the bottom of her list; that's even harder to believe, isn't it?
    About WoTC and TDT being at the bottom of my list, it's basically due to the fact that I really liked the first four books (it seems all girls like W&G anyway )
    Jean, I really didn't like TDOTT as much as the others. I guess I found it was more of an introduction to the real story than a part of the series. I thought it lacked fantasy. And I also didn't really like the main characters appearing in this one.
    I guess that also helped putting TDT at the bottom of my list: I've never been too fond of the Italian gangster type like the Andolinis and Balazar. The book is great, though, just not as much as the others in my opinion. I'll have to reread WOTC since everytime I read it, I like it better

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am indefinitely bored by Italian gangsters, but even that didn't prevent me from loving the book... I loved exactly what you listed, the minimum of fantasy elements, the introduction of the characters, and how it (unlike the Gunslinger) finally became the real story, with all the dialectics of relationships.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

TDoTT made me love Roland. I didnt like him very much after the first book. By the end of TDoTT he was Dihn.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Along the Path of the Beam bartonthegreat is on a distinguished road bartonthegreat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1-7 then 'the little sis of eluria'. heard there was an alternate ending. someone wanna fil me in???

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

don't think there was ever an alternative ending.

ok, my list:

1. Wastelands
    2. Dark Tower
    3. Wolves Of Calla
    4. Drowing Of The Three
    5. Song Of Susannah
    6. Gunslinger
    7. Wizard And Glass

BUT I have to reread Wizard, maybe I will finally like it. Comic books show me I may change my mind.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bartonthegreat View Post
    1-7 then 'the little sis of eluria'. heard there was an alternate ending. someone wanna fil me in???
    The Little Sisters of Eluria is everything but an alternative ending.
    It's about Roland after Wizard and Glass but before the Gunslinger. So it shows a piece of his journey when he was chasing the Man in Black.

Quote Originally Posted by nocny View Post
    BUT I have to reread Wizard, maybe I will finally like it. Comic books show me I may change my mind.
    How so?!?

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I didn't like Wizard And Glass, didn't like it very much It was so boring for me, I wasn't interested in young Roland years at all, I wanted to know what is happening in the present time.
    But now, as I read Dark Tower comics I start to like this period and I think I will finally like Wizard And Glass after second chance I will give to this book.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure we should make an inquiry on the website asking for people their gender and their favourite book. I bet W&G is women's #1 favourite and men's least liked book

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure we should make an inquiry on the website asking for people their gender and their favourite book. I bet W&G is women's #1 favourite and men's least liked book
    It is so in most cases, but there are some surprising exceptions. My friend BROWNING'S CHILDE comes to mind first... wonders never cease...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

W&G if not my favorite is tied with The Gunslinger.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

yes, I remember... both bears' least favorite...

Country
    Country Flag

on polish SK forum many men like W&G best, maybe even most of them

Country
    Country Flag

maybe it had the best translation...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    maybe it had the best translation...
    It cannot be better than the original.

Country
    Country Flag

No, but it can be better than the translation of the other volumes.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I really didn't think guys could actually prefer that one. Maybe Polish men relate to the story... or maybe I'm totally wrong!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast