Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Webstar1000

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Webstar1000

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

There After a bunch of playing I finally figured out how to do the pic uploading. This is my collection. I have every book (almost) he wrote in 1st/1st. I am missing a few but they are BCE to just fill the spot. With them I have them all and keep adding and adding... I am now ADDICTED too S/L's..... oh shit.... the wife is already pissed at the top shelf. BUT DAMMMMM it looks GOOD doesn't it? LOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great, webstar. Lots of amazing books in there

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks good, webstar!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Looks good, webstar!

John
    Thanks for all your help John!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Signed limiteds are expensive, even more so when you have to add the cost of dinner and flowers for the wife.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Very nice!

Signed limiteds are expensive, even more so when you have to add the cost of dinner and flowers for the wife.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL... I have to pay in back rubs. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the Dark Tower set! Someday I will have one too.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice looking collection. The bookcase is pretty cool as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Nice looking collection. The bookcase is pretty cool as well.
    Geez thanks Bed Staad I do love the case but I am going to need more room here soon. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the nice-looking collection!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats for a great looking collection !!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very handsome collection, dude. Love the DT collection especially!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

[IMG][/IMG]

Just got this baby....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

[IMG][/IMG]

Couldn't resist and the price was unbeatable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff Webstar, and super congratulations on the LJP Dolan's Cadillac - that's a sweet little publication !!!!
    We all float down here!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great!

When I was a collector, I wanted everything and everything all at once. And it was great, but at the same time, my floodgates were open in all directions, all the time. It burned me out in about three years. So, my advice, should you choose to accept it (just watched Mission: Impossible 4, lol), is to have a goal and stick to it until it's complete. Then move onto the next one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Looks great!

When I was a collector, I wanted everything and everything all at once. And it was great, but at the same time, my floodgates were open in all directions, all the time. It burned me out in about three years. So, my advice, should you choose to accept it (just watched Mission: Impossible 4, lol), is to have a goal and stick to it until it's complete. Then move onto the next one.
    Thanks Shannon, it is brutal and I am already feeling the money crunch... I mean a signed S/L is a min $500 in most cases and I am dying for so many I see for sale. I think my main mission will be to just grab the books I do not have... Six Stories in Fine condition and signed is my next one I am going for... And if the opportunity arises I may sell my Dark Tower set and get one that is matching under #500 as it bothers me so much I will never have that as mine is not completable... kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection, you've got some good books in there.
    Mark Twain

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kris, as Shannon states, focus on one specific collecting goal at a time (slow and steady wins the race and all that stuff).

Having said that, sometimes you'll stumble across a great deal and get the "I Want It, I Want It Now" bug - all I'd suggest in these instances (and they will happen as surely as night follows day) is that you weigh up the costs (not always only monetary) associated with the instant gratification of acquiring a piece you 'want' as opposed to an item you 'need' (ie- one that is on your target list).

Obviously, if the deal is just too good to pass up, and the disappointment of not sticking to your plan is significantly outweighed by the ongoing pleasure of having the impulse buy in the collection - then, yeah, go for it !!!!

I only offer these thoughts on the basis of my being (definitely in the past, and even a little still so nowadays) a little too spontaneous when it came to grabbing stuff that I hadn't planned for, thus delaying the acquisition of items I really wanted to see in the collection

As to upgrading existing books (like you mentioned with your DT set) I, personally, would put this right at the bottom of the "To Do" list
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Kris, as Shannon states, focus on one specific collecting goal at a time (slow and steady wins the race and all that stuff).

Having said that, sometimes you'll stumble across a great deal and get the "I Want It, I Want It Now" bug - all I'd suggest in these instances (and they will happen as surely as night follows day) is that you weigh up the costs (not always only monetary) associated with the instant gratification of acquiring a piece you 'want' as opposed to an item you 'need' (ie- one that is on your target list).

Obviously, if the deal is just too good to pass up, and the disappointment of not sticking to your plan is significantly outweighed by the ongoing pleasure of having the impulse buy in the collection - then, yeah, go for it !!!!

I only offer these thoughts on the basis of my being (definitely in the past, and even a little still so nowadays) a little too spontaneous when it came to grabbing stuff that I hadn't planned for, thus delaying the acquisition of items I really wanted to see in the collection

As to upgrading existing books (like you mentioned with your DT set) I, personally, would put this right at the bottom of the "To Do" list

Thanks for the tips BadPenny... I really do have the bug now and have to be careful... finding myself cruising Ebay and Betts, the Collector, etc for hours at a time looking for deals. I am not rich by any means... haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast