Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Red Sox vs.The Cardinals in the World Series!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Red Sox vs.The Cardinals in the World Series!!!

Let it be known that I am a lifelong Red Sox fan and needless to say I am pulling for them in this series.This is an open thread for all baseball fans to share some friendly banter about the upcoming World Series.Game 1 Wednesday night.First pitch is at 8:07pm.
    Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm torn here being a Tigers fan. The team that beat them this year or the team that beat them in the WS? What to do what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingMan79 View Post
    Let it be known that I am a lifelong Red Sox fan and needless to say I am pulling for them in this series.This is an open thread for all baseball fans to share some friendly banter about the upcoming World Series.Game 1 Wednesday night.First pitch is at 8:07pm.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Life long Yanks fan. Loathe the Red Sox. I live in CT, which has the biggest rivalry of Yankees/Red Sox. Mainly because the state is smack dab in between New York and Mass. The town I live in is in the middle of the state too. So we are literally on the front lines of this rivalry. Growing up in the 80's, I hardly knew any Red Sox fans. Over the last decade, there are now tons of Red Sox fans. Yankees fans came out of the woodwork too in the late 90's, but not like the Sox fans. I'd say there are probably more Sox fans here now than Yanks.

Anyway, hate them and can't root for them. This should be an interesting series. If the Sox hit like they did in the Tigers series they will lose. They won't be able to depend on two grand slams off of the bullpen like they got against the Tigers. The Tigers outplayed the Sox in that whole series except for a few innings. The Sox are very fortunate to move on.

The first two games are going to be very important for the Sox. Wainwright is a consistent big game pitcher and Wacha has been on fire as of late and pitched great in the NLCS. The rest of their rotation is good and their bullpen is strong as well. Much better than the Tigers. The other worry for the Sox would be going to St. Louis. This means they will have to play Ortiz at first, which means Napoli will have to sit. The Cards are also getting back their best offensive player in Allen Craig.

This should be an interesting rematch of the 2004 WS. That Sox team was a team of destiny and there was no beating them. This Sox team is even better, but the Cardinals are also better. They've won two championships since then and are one of the best run organizations in the league. Cardinals in 6.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh boy where do I start.Obviously I don't need to get into the Yanks/Sox at this time....my horse is still in the race.

Detroit did not outplay the Sox.In short:Sox won in 6 games.Their pitching was right there with Detroit.Less strikeouts but equally as solid.Ortiz hit a GS that will go down as one of the most memorable in postseason history with Hunter flipping over the fence.The second GS was iceing on the cake.Most likely a base hit takes the lead there.Sox didn't dominate but they did deserve to be there and take the series and they proved it by doing it. Tigers 18 runs 43 hits 3 errors.Sox 19 runs 39 hits 4 errors.I can't find the pitching satats but Tigers had more K's but also more walks and the Sox bullpen bested Detroits.Tight series but the Sox showed undeniable team unity and heart and won it with gritty at bats and solid pitching.

This world series shapes up to be a classic.Two of the best teams all year long and a WS rematch in a ten year period.Cards have 2 since than but the sox have 1 since and were a game away from another WS appearance.I would love to go to another parade in Beantown!Let's Go Red Sox!
    Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My story about the Yankees/Red Sox was just to give perspective on why I hate the Red Sox so much. I didn't mean it as a slight towards the Red Sox. I respect everything they've done this year. They are by far the best team in baseball. That doesn't mean I still can't hate them.

Despite those two innings with the grand slams, the Tigers did outplay the Red Sox. Not sure how you can deny that. If Leyland leaves Scherzer in the game in game two, Tigers win the first two games with the next 3 in Detroit. Chances are the Sox end up losing the series. The good news for you is that you can't delete those two innings and Scherzer was taken out of the game.

This isn't the thread for a Red Sox/Yankees debate. Like I said, my backstory was not intended to start some feud. In the end though, there really is no debate. Sure your team is till in the race, but mine has been there way more and won it way more. There truly is no debate when discussing the success of the Yankees and Red Sox over the course of their history. Arguing over it is futile.

Also, and I'm not saying this to be a jerk, just as a friendly tip to make it easier to read your posts, you should double space at the end of a sentence. I had a hard time reading your post because of the spacing. Not trying to be a jerk, just a suggestion.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't be so sensitive . Who's arguing? Only a couple of hours till' Lester and the Sox take the field!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was sensing that I angered you. Mainly by your opening sentence. I guess I was wrong. Enjoy the game.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No doubt who I'm for! My Dad's family settled in Fall River in the 1880's and despite being born in Texas was raised a Sox. But, growing up thirty minutes from the Astros they are definitely my number 2 team, altho now my dream of an Astros Red Sox WS won't happen. Just think, the Sox went from worst to first. Maybe there is hope for those Stros...

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For some reason, my entire extended family is Red Sox fans, and we are not from anywhere near Boston. I don't know how it happened. And we weren't raised into it, it's like everyone came to the same conclusion independently.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to the Series tonight. Does anyone have any predictions? The Cards are looking really good, I have to say. I think we'll get at least 6 games.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, who are these people and what did they do with the Cardinals? It's like they're losing on purpose!

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Strange couple of innings for sure. For some reason "Under pressure" from Bowie popped into my head.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Although St. Louis played like crap last night the Sox took advantage of their mistakes and put together an impressive win. Tonight we have Wacha vs. Lackey and with a win the sox can really put the pressure on the Cards. No doubt St. Louis will come out more poised and ready to play but my hope is that it's too late and the sox go up 2-0 on the back of John Lackey. Game 2 tonight! First pitch 8:07 pm. Go Sox!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like it might not be as close of a series as I thought it would be. Tonight will tell us more. Very important game for the Cards.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the Cardinals just had a really, really shitty game. They've committed 3 errors in all of the post season and they committed 3 just yesterday.

Game 2 will be much closer.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like this is going to be a close one too that's probably decided late in the game. Wacha Wacha is a solid young pitcher and Lackey is a veteran that is pitching at the top of his game. On a side note Jonny Gomes beard is out of control.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

PAPI!! PAPI!!!

Country
    Country Flag

YEAH. WHO'S YOUR PAPI?!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Life long Yanks fan. Loathe the Red Sox. I live in CT, which has the biggest rivalry of Yankees/Red Sox. Mainly because the state is smack dab in between New York and Mass. The town I live in is in the middle of the state too. So we are literally on the front lines of this rivalry. Growing up in the 80's, I hardly knew any Red Sox fans. Over the last decade, there are now tons of Red Sox fans. Yankees fans came out of the woodwork too in the late 90's, but not like the Sox fans. I'd say there are probably more Sox fans here now than Yanks.
    That's surprising. I always assumed everyone from CT was Yankees fans. Maybe that's because everyone I know that lives in or is from there loves the Yankees and hates the Red Sox
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
    YEAH. WHO'S YOUR PAPI?!

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, a little premature celebration. At least both teams were awake this time.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't really care for either of these teams but being a Texas A&M fan I guess I am going for St. Louis. I wish Wacha was still pitching for us though. The Aggies weren't very good without him.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Tonight we have a big game. Veteran righty Jake Peavy vs. another solid righty Joe Kelly. I've been a Peavy guy before he came to the Sox and was happy to see they signed him. I hope he can pitch up the moment and give the Sox a chance to put up some solid offensive innings. I don't know how long Farrel can leave a bat in the hands of Stephen Drew.... great defense or not. I know you generally don't want to make big changes in the World Series but I almost feel bad for him. The St. Louis fans are class acts and will be on fire tonight in support of their team. That place will be rockin' and I hope Peavy can keep it together and give them some solid innings so the bats can come alive and put on a show!! Let's go Red Sox!!!

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright beards...eyes on the prize That place is going to be electric tonight!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Talky Tina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    That's surprising. I always assumed everyone from CT was Yankees fans. Maybe that's because everyone I know that lives in or is from there loves the Yankees and hates the Red Sox
    There are tons of Yankees fans in CT. Especially if you go farther south. In the north, you will find more Sox fans. In the end, whichever team is doing better will normally have more support. I can tell you I didn't see one Red Sox hat or jacket while travelling around town this time last year. Whereas I'm still seeing people wearing their Yankees stuff even though they didn't make the playoffs.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There ya go! Lean into it Carlos. That's what Shane Victorino does every time up to the plate.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast