Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: After 9 years Stephen King's finally in Dark Discoveries magazine!

Gunslinger Apprentice darkdiscoveries is on a distinguished road

Default After 9 years Stephen King's finally in Dark Discoveries magazine!

So after 9 years, Stephen King is finally making an appearance in Dark Discoveries magazine with a tribute to Richard Matheson (along with Joe Lansdale, Jack Ketchum, William Nolan and others). We've had features and reviews on King in the past, but other than a quote he let us use in issue #23 (in our HWA/WHC section) this is the first time his writing has graced our pages. Hopefully he'll allow us to use more of his great work in the future (we are talking to his agent about a couple of additional things for upcoming issues too so cross your fingers).

I'm a long time fan and collector of King, so it's been a goal of mine to have him in DD at some point and i'm happy we could run his tribute to Matheson in there. And it's a great issue too as it's our FEMME FATALE special with Elvira, Asia Argento, Charlaine Harris, Elizabeth Massie, Nancy Holder, Lynn Lowry, Nancy Kilpatrick, Yvonne Navarro, Rhodi Hawk and more!

We're also on the last leg of our subscription drive too with a free ARC of Lisa Morton's forthcoming book, Netherworld, which is slated to be released in January (and you also already get a free digital copy of every issue along with your print copy for your subscription). But there is also one last drawing around the end of October (on the 27th) for a bunch of great books and prizes including: signed books by Neil Gaiman, William F. Nolan, Eric Red and others; a $50 Amazon gift card; Signed/Limiteds of the first two JS Doubledown books; a whole box of every JS title in stock and more! Here's the link to the DD website to order and for more info:

http://darkdiscoveries.com/2013/08/d...n-driveupdate/

And if you want to just pick up the issue with King's tribute in it, that's fine too. It will give you a good idea of what to expect in Dark Discoveries. Each issue is 100 pages or more, in full-color and packed full of great fiction and nonfiction!

- James R. Beach
    Editor-in-chief
    Dark Discoveries

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this a new tribute or a reprint?

John

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

That's great James, congratulations!

Gunslinger Apprentice darkdiscoveries is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Is this a new tribute or a reprint?

John
    Sorry John. Been so busy with getting the issue done and to the printer this is the first time i've been back on the board since posting!

This is the one King wrote for the HWA website. So I guess it technically is the first print publication of it (I don't know if he let anybody else use it too honestly). I'm just happy he actually responded and let me use something. (He was considering doing a tribute to Charles Grant for me in the past, but got too busy and had already done the one for Locus as well is what Marsha told us). And it fits well with the other tributes to Rich by Nolan, Lansdale, Ketchum, etc.

- James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on this. Pretty cool that you were able to use something from Da Man.