Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which novels do you want to see on the Top 100 List?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battle Royale, by Koushun Takami

6 27.27%
  • Life of Pi, by Yann Martel

6 27.27%
  • Where the Red Fern Grows, by Wilson Rawls

6 27.27%
  • Jaws, by Peter Benchley

8 36.36%
  • The Princess Bride, by William Goldman

12 54.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Round 1-2, Group B

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Round 1-2, Group B

Top 2 will make it to the List.

Please vote for as many as you want.

The number of votes will also decide the final place of these novels in the Top 100 List, positions 90 to 100.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... and yet again, the randomizer made me a group where I can't vote

I've read only Jaws, and I think it can't be among Top 100.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well if it has to be any two of these, Jaws is as good a pick as any.

Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't have to. That's why I will have to sit this one out, unless I find the time to read any of the other 4. I will read all of them, eventually, but now it's a matter of four or five days, and I haven't finished Watership Down yet.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't Watership Down a beast of a book?

Only read Where The Red Fern Grows and it's very touching. Made me cry when I was a kid lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

The poll will be closed on Tuesday, Oct 15

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's such a long time since I read Jaws that I can't vouch for it anymore. I voted Princess Bride, of course, but also Battle Royale which is an amazing novel. Japanese authors seem to write with such clarity and detail - with the ability to make ordinary, everyday observations seem new. Haruki Murakami is a master at this, for example.

Country
    Country Flag

bears have never liked Murakami

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    It's such a long time since I read Jaws that I can't vouch for it anymore. I voted Princess Bride, of course, but also Battle Royale which is an amazing novel. Japanese authors seem to write with such clarity and detail - with the ability to make ordinary, everyday observations seem new. Haruki Murakami is a master at this, for example.
    You should've seconded my nomination for The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Which still shocks me! But, Bears are hard to predict

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    You should've seconded my nomination for The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
    I think yesterday was the first time I've been here since like...May?...June? I wouldn't have picked that as my favourite Murakami though. If you could have Wild Sheep Chase and Dance Dance Dance as one book I'd go for that, or Kafka On The Shore maybe...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Which still shocks me! But, Bears are hard to predict
    foxes should play with bears more often...

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, they absolutely should

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

The Princess Bride and Jaws make it to Top 100

+ Reply to Thread