Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: King Event Toronto, Canada 10/24/2013

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

The book signing is at the end of the event, so there is no point in getting there early.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
    Seems very odd but according to Harbourfront Centre's webpage, the event is sold out but you can buy tickets right now....
    I saw that. I suppose it's possible some GA seating opened up.
    Funke Ticket still have 30-40 Tickets for HAMBURG
    http://http://www.funke-ticket.de/top_menu/kuenstler.html?tx_goshop_pi1[act]=artist_single&tx_goshop_pi1[artist_name]=King%2C%20Stephen&tx_goshop_pi1[artist_id]=71665&tx_goshop_pi1[start]=0&cHash=3fd06a4d7ad7448b242c7cf36e0f1d5f

On the Harbour Front Page, they still have Tickets.
    http://www.harbour-front.org/mitwirkende/stephen-king

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

So Hamburg is now in Canada?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I am also interested in this answer.
    With some people we were discussing what time we should go to the Paris signing. Some people said midnight, some said the earliest metro possible (~6am)... for an event in november, starting at 1pm.
    I dont know what to think : there will be foreign people, and I am sure that they would like to get a book signed after spending some bucks, so i would tend to say that they' ll go early... but i have no idea of what that means.

If it's strictly 2 hours = 120 people i guess, with an average of 1 person per minute.
    In Savannah Georgia, everyone that wanted a book signed got one signed. In fact, less than 300 people wanted a book signed, and we were able to get multiple signatures, because there was still time left. We started lining up at 10 am and the people that arrived at the event at 3 pm still got their books signed.

Week-day, week-end...? During 2 hours as well?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Waiting patiently for TN response to see if I went over the line ........
    What? Talk to the hand...
    reality continues to ruin my life

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Reminder: Heres the info on where to meet.
    Looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    I "reserved" the Watermark Lounge for 4pm for 15-20 people. Its not really a reservation per se Just made sure they knew a larger group would be there and that they were prepared to handle the drink orders lol.

I decided 4pm would be better than 5. In fact I thought an after event meeting would be better but the lounge and restaurant close at 10pm. The event is at 8pm so no way did that work. The lounge has a short menu but does include steak, pizza, burgers and chicken as well as a few appetizers.

So official Meet Drink Eat and Be Merry:

4pm Watermark Lounge Oct 24
    Radisson Hotel Admiral Toronto-Harbourfront
    249 Queens Quay West
    (416) 203-3333

Looking forward to hanging out with you all.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We are flying out tomorrow morning, and I'll have minimal internet access up there. But we will see you all at the Lounge on Thursday!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I am also interested in this answer.
    With some people we were discussing what time we should go to the Paris signing. Some people said midnight, some said the earliest metro possible (~6am)... for an event in november, starting at 1pm.
    I dont know what to think : there will be foreign people, and I am sure that they would like to get a book signed after spending some bucks, so i would tend to say that they' ll go early... but i have no idea of what that means.

If it's strictly 2 hours = 120 people i guess, with an average of 1 person per minute.
    In Savannah Georgia, everyone that wanted a book signed got one signed. In fact, less than 300 people wanted a book signed, and we were able to get multiple signatures, because there was still time left. We started lining up at 10 am and the people that arrived at the event at 3 pm still got their books signed.

Week-day, week-end...? During 2 hours as well?
    It was on a saturday or sunday. took two hours total. I sat there and waited because my last number was 388! out of 400 books. i ended up with eight books signed.

John F. Kennedy k9 mommy is on a distinguished road k9 mommy's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Or is it more, "Yo, ma ... nice lid. How about another swig, ay?" (the 'ay' being because they're in Canada, lf course).
    Hey! what are you talking about?
    No ay...hey.
    And I'm not sure where you got your swig from!
    Will you be in to for King ? hey...

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bundle up my american friends eh, there be a right fierce gale comin' in from da north. It'll be colder than a witch's beavertail out dare eh.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been debating and debating what books to get signed (for those who do not know, I am a HUGE Dark Tower fan and there is not much left for me to get signed).

At the current moment (subject to change...likely...LOL), as I have 2 tickets, here are the 2 books I am getting signed (and rationale) along with top contenders/runner-ups:

Getting signed:
    1) Viking Gunslinger Proof....rare to begin with and as far as I know, none out there are signed....fits with my Dark Tower love and fact that I have Orange Gunslinger Plume Proof signed as well as DT V, VI, VII UK Proofs signed as well.

2) UK 1st Dead Zone.....this choice came to me today as I was going through my collection as I have UK 1sts of Carrie, Salem's Lot, Shining, Night Shift and Stand all signed...Dead Zone next in line and my copy is almost perfect (book + DJ).

Runners-up:
    3) Startling Mysteries - The Glass Floor
    4) Startling Mysteries - Reaper's Image
    5) Gunslinger Plume - Variant Cover (some call it a proof)
    6) Wizard & Glass Grant Proof WITH Dave McKean Remarque
    7) Waste Lands 1st trade WITH Ned Dameron Remarque.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

We arrive at airport around noon tomorrow... Likely will be available to meet someplace tomorrow eve if not stalking the nightmare.
    Should be able to get online where we are staying (condo on Spadina & Front) email or pm for phone # if want to try to connect.

Being from Florida where it is so often too darn hot, we are ready for some chillin.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, I would be very surprised if King shows up Wednesday. He's probably a bit disappointed the event is scheduled Thursday. Had he only known in advance, he would have chosen Friday.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I have been debating and debating what books to get signed (for those who do not know, I am a HUGE Dark Tower fan and there is not much left for me to get signed).

At the current moment (subject to change...likely...LOL), as I have 2 tickets, here are the 2 books I am getting signed (and rationale) along with top contenders/runner-ups:

Getting signed:
    1) Viking Gunslinger Proof....rare to begin with and as far as I know, none out there are signed....fits with my Dark Tower love and fact that I have Orange Gunslinger Plume Proof signed as well as DT V, VI, VII UK Proofs signed as well.

2) UK 1st Dead Zone.....this choice came to me today as I was going through my collection as I have UK 1sts of Carrie, Salem's Lot, Shining, Night Shift and Stand all signed...Dead Zone next in line and my copy is almost perfect (book + DJ).

Runners-up:
    3) Startling Mysteries - The Glass Floor
    4) Startling Mysteries - Reaper's Image
    5) Gunslinger Plume - Variant Cover (some call it a proof)
    6) Wizard & Glass Grant Proof WITH Dave McKean Remarque
    7) Waste Lands 1st trade WITH Ned Dameron Remarque.
    I understand what you are going through. Also two tickets (so far) and two items can be difficult to isolate.
    I tend to pick smaller items when traveling a ways for signings.

My #1 item is an unique item perhaps 1 of a kind in a collectors hand from 50 years ago (Sept . 6th 1963)

Choosing #2 is more challenging and has me trying to figure out where I stored some things.
    I know I have them, I just can't find them...... Almost called David to see if could make a last minute purchase.
    However... There are numerous items on the table at the moment.
    Proofs of TWTTK or 11/22/63 (already have a number of signed proofs.),
    Startling Mysteries - Reaper's Image
    Roadwork
    Rage (might be bad timing?)
    The Monkey or The Raft.
    Blaze

and maybe moving toward top 1st edition Gunslinger.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This reminds me once again - you really need to start a collection thread!!

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I"m packed and getting ready to head to the airport right now, flying all night, getting into Toronto Wed morn at 10:30am. PM me if anyone is in town early enough and wants to have lunch or drinks on Wed night, otherwise I'll see everyone Thurs night.
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't bring Rage three days after a school shooting.

Does an extra ticket guarantee an extra signature or do you need to bring someone?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I wouldn't bring Rage three days after a school shooting. I AGREE

Does an extra ticket guarantee an extra signature or do you need to bring someone?
    Would be nice to think so , however have not broke down and secured any extra tickets yet.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's a risky move. I'm paying for a friend already. He'll get to see King for free, and all he has to do is get my book signed. Not a bad deal for him.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You're all screwed.
    SK is going to be in such a rush to leave (Red Sox World Series),,,Sox suck Go Yankees...

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I left my yankees hat and jacket at home. Didn't want to give him any reasons not to sign!!!!
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinAK View Post
    I left my yankees hat and jacket at home. Didn't want to give him any reasons not to sign!!!!
    He will sniff you out. Yankee fans have a particular "aroma" (winners) that Red Sux can not achieve.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You're all screwed.
    SK is going to be in such a rush to leave (Red Sox World Series),,,Sox suck Go Yankees...
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    He will sniff you out. Yankee fans have a particular "aroma" (winners) that Red Sux can not achieve.

For once, I could not agree with "Merlin1958" more!!! He is a wise and devilishly handsome man!!! The ladies just love him!!

Spoiler:
    Or, am I agreeing with myself? You be the judge!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice and brisk here today!

39•F with a 60% chance of rain.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Have lots of fun, folks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast