Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2014 Call For Submissions

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Anyone who needs a second opinion, it would be my honor.

Does this look infected to you?

??? I'm sorry, did I miss something?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Doctor, second opinion...
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, Jon is widely known for his love of puns, unexpected associations and lateral thinking

that's what makes him a great poet

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

So sorry, Bill.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    So sorry, Bill.
    No need to apologize, I just missed it is all. It happens, my bad!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll write up something to put in for next year. Am planning on writing some short stories and/or a short novel after I'm finished with my project. What would be the word limit? I'm thinking my next story, Nova Caine, will be between 60-80 pages.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That sounds like quite a lot of pages for a short story. Try to keep it under 10,000 words. If the story is GREAT and we love it,then a little bit over that shouldn't be an issue.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Just sent you my story. Final word count: 6,147.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well it's going to be a short novel.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Eight days left! Get your submissions in!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait...I thought the deadline was 10-5-13.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

OK... Bullet point number 3 is entirely unclear to me. Are you saying the submissions MUST be King related or must NOT be King related? And does #3 apply to poems?

Reasons Why Stories/Poems Got Rejected For In Mint Condition: 2013:

>Too short.

>Nothing interesting happened and/or we didn't care enough about the characters.

>The story was based on something/anything to do with Stephen King/other authors.

>Your poem wasn't understood/felt by any of the editors.

>Extreme typos. We can handle typos and errors, but when it feels like you don't care, then we stop caring.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jon, the deadline is in the starter post. There's still time.

#3 means that you just should submit your original work. No fanfic.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah...copy that.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What bears said.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry. I was sober.

Country
    Country Flag

tomorrow's the last day

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it is. As of right now we're at about 125 submissions.

Country
    Country Flag

wow

how many were there for IMC 2013?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Somewhere between 35-50 methinks.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Yes it is. As of right now we're at about 125 submissions.
    But you're going to read mine first, right?
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course, B. C.
    I insist.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

With 125 submissions, you ought to be able to put together a very nice book. Hope I'm in it, but I'm less comfortable with a short story than poetry so I'll just have to wait and see.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

I've submitted mine... I'm so nervous... the competition might be too high for a bear...

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I doubt that, yours was the best of 2013 IMHO.
    Sloth Love Chunk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast