Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Michaël (biomieg)

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW! Very nice collection. I was particularly looking at your proofs, most are in spotless condition.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jon. Most of my proofs are pretty nice but there are a couple with spine issues (UK Firestarter, Different Seasons, The Talisman, The Bachman Books). But for the most part I was lucky enough to get them in pretty good condition!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man you have a lot of nice stuff. I love the pics of the proofs beside the 1st man. That is really cool... Im worried I will start collecting them soon. haha OH WHERE DOES IT STOP??????????????
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

WANT Rita Heyworth and Shawshank PB.... You have 2
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    They're both ex-lib and not in great shape. Haven't seen any come up for sale in a loooong time though.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Michael - great collection. All the PB spines looks sharp !

You have 2 versions of The Colorado Kid - I'm familiar with the PB, what is the other one on the right ?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Michael - great collection. All the PB spines looks sharp !

You have 2 versions of The Colorado Kid - I'm familiar with the PB, what is the other one on the right ?
    I'm guessing its the large print Hard cover version - released at the same time as the PB but intended for libraries.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Simon is right, it's the large print HC.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

So great to see updated pictures in your collection! And it all looks so good! Love the 1st's and the proofs as well of course. Also the paperbacks. Thanks for posting it!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Always loved your collection, Michaël - and the passion you show for items that interest YOU. What collecting is all about IMO.

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you guys, very much appreciated!

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful collection! I enjoyed looking though and admiring your proofs. Mind if I ask where in the Netherlands you are from? I was lucky enough to visit a few times (once in Amsterdam and once in Nijmegen) while I was stationed in Germany and I loved it. What a beautiful country!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Simon: The Rita Hayworth & the Shawshank Redemption are printed hardcover.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, biomieg! What an utterly marvelous SK collection you have! It's a thing of beauty! I could stare at your collection all day.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all! It's a modest collection but I'm proud of it. Meagan: I lived all over the place (not difficult in such a small country). Grew up in the province of Zeeland (the Southwestern 'delta'), then moved to Wageningen, which is close to Nijmegen. From there I went to Utrecht (one of the nicest and most beautiful cities in NL) and now we live in Delft, another nice place sandwiched between Rotterdam and The Hague.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection, Michael!!! I've visited the "before" collection and now the "after" and I think it's a great "core" collection of really interesting and desirable books. I know you recently added a new family member and I fully understand your tough yet, smart decision. I think it's just great and I am very happy for you and yours. Have a wonderful holiday season!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all! It's a modest collection but I'm proud of it. Meagan: I lived all over the place (not difficult in such a small country). Grew up in the province of Zeeland (the Southwestern 'delta'), then moved to Wageningen, which is close to Nijmegen. From there I went to Utrecht (one of the nicest and most beautiful cities in NL) and now we live in Delft, another nice place sandwiched between Rotterdam and The Hague.
    So cool! I wish I had had more of a chance to explore The Netherlands, maybe someday... What a beautiful country.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan J View Post
    So cool! I wish I had had more of a chance to explore The Netherlands, maybe someday... What a beautiful country.
    I will go there someday... I think the pictures are amazing! MY NEMESIS company is based there too Biomeg... It is Vista Print. They are the biggest competition for any small press printer in the entire world! haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, all!

I'm happy to live in the Netherlands but I don't know if I'd call our country beautiful. Most cities have nice old 'downtown' parts and there are a few spots of nature left, scattered between farmland, industry and the 17 million people that live here but as far as European countries go there are more beautiful places, IMO. But hey, 'the grass is always greener...', right?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the Netherlands, I've been there many times on extended business trips. (I was in Amsterdam about a month ago...) Also spent time in Nijmegen many years ago as I wrote some software for the University there.

I have always found the places I have visited very pleasant, as are the people who live and work there.

Country
    Country Flag

The past year or so I did not add anything to my collection other than trade 1st editions of King's latest books. Here's something a little more special: a UK Dolores Claiborne proof. I used to own another copy but this one is in unread condition, with minor wear along the edges (it smells a bit funky though!). I'm happy to add this to the collection! It looks a bit soiled in the pic but is actually nice and white.

Fuzzy pic ahead:

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Michael. Looks like a very nice copy. Congrats.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice one. Congratulations!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks to be a cracker, Michaël. Congrats!

Country
    Country Flag

A particularly nice new addition because I love this book and I love early proofs. Not in perfect condition by any means but it's so scarce that I really don't care.

UK Talisman proof:

Now I only need a UK Dead Zone, Cujo, Christine, Thinner, Skeleton Crew, IT and EOTD to get back where I was several years ago

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast