Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : SystemCrashOverRide

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So many new items! It's been ages since I've updated this, some non-king ones as well, so forgive me for sharing.

Horror Drive In

Found this ARC at a local Value Village (Savers, for you Americans). $5

1st/ 1st DS

1st SC Joyland

Joyland Dolso Slipcase 1/724, Double sided art work.

A whack of books related to King, or short story collections featuring King:

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Comic Books:

Picked up by a friend at the San Diego con. Joe and Gabe both signed it.

Wraith #1

Variant cover

Couple issues of Grave Tales

Unrelated books I've recently picked up:

Couple Orson Scott Card ARC's (Also found at Value Village)

Railsea -China Meiville, S/L

Whole mess of Terry Pratchett books I got in a lot. Mostly (if not all) Disc World novels.

A book I've had for a longtime but never shared with anyone. BEST INSCRIPTION EVER.

... During the Q and A, Coupland flubbed my name. I corrected him, he repeatedly asked if it was "Chase", and looked especially amused when I said that it was. This was how he signed it -unbeknownst to me- after the Q&A, didn't realize until I got home.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice haul!!! Congrats!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    System.......
    I can't believe you actually have Joyland S/L #1, Very cool !!

My apologies for missing your collection thread, they do slip by every now & then
    That is so cool.. number #1
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've heard a lot about Discworld, but never read any. However, they look good lined up like that.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I've heard a lot about Discworld, but never read any. However, they look good lined up like that.
    They look a heck of a lot better in person I might add, all vintage paperbacks in new unread condition, colourful Corgi edition pocket books. I think they ended up costing me about 75 cents a piece.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some nice new items Chase - love the Wraith cover art and the double sided Dolso Joyland case
    We all float down here!

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice additions! You've been busy!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing too wild. But some interesting additions.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very NICE new stuff !!!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Chase. Your collection thread passed me by. I love those Joe Hill and Owen King inscribed books. It would be a dream to get a book inscribed to me one day. But, you've got so many of them. Very envious.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the kind words Jon, I have to confess that all of those inscribed books were from early in my collecting days and I didn't realize how having my name on them might ruin some of their value. I was under the impression that the more ink spilled by the author the better, now I know better. That being said, I'm quite pleased to have them none the less. Thanks for your help with the new additions!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Jon, I have to confess that all of those inscribed books were from early in my collecting days and I didn't realize how having my name on them might ruin some of their value. I was under the impression that the more ink spilled by the author the better, now I know better. That being said, I'm quite pleased to have them none the less. Thanks for your help with the new additions!
    No problem.
    One day I would love to have a personally inscribed book by Joe Hill or Stephen King, which may not appeal to other collectors being inscribed to me. If I did own one, I would not trade it for a flat-signed book. The sentimental value would far outweigh any monetary value.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Chase, just peeked through your collection thread for the first time. We (and I imagine many other collectors) started the same way! I love all your photos and the Joe/Owen collections were a sweet addition.

Keep up the great work! (Personalized books rock, btw. I too discovered the discovered the "depression value" of a name "too late". F' them, I say. I love my books signed to me!)

Country
    Country Flag

My first signed OSC book, I'm discovering his sig is worth diddly and thus easy to collect without breaking my bank. This is a blessing and a curse, Why, run out and buy ten because they're only $20 each? Why the hell not!

A Nice older printing of Treason. First edition St. Martin's Press.

I blame the following two on Forum members and free shipping from France...

Country
    Country Flag

Unrelated to the book collection, but Bad Penny wanted to see more art. I've got some comic book related education in the works, so I'm striving to sketch a bit more. Here's what I worked on tonight.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's very good IMHO!!! Nice work, my boy!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That's very good IMHO!!! Nice work, my boy!!!
    Thanks Merlin! I didn't really think this was the place, but I couldn't find any user "share your art threads". At least it's in my collection and not cluttering up another thread? Someone let me know if it's not kosher.

Banned Danish will become famous soon enough

Fantastic collection!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like was you have here chase ! Great collection

Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday was a BIG day for my collection. I won't reveal all the details yet until I have it all sorted, but I'll let this serve as a teaser. Look closely:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a very nice Gunslinger there, top left?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    There's quite the story behind that, Yes it is indeed a Grant edition Gunslinger. The story is a bit painful though, I'll say that much.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that. I presume i've guessed wrong about the BIG surprise.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    There's quite the story behind that, Yes it is indeed a Grant edition Gunslinger. The story is a bit painful though, I'll say that much.
    Fill us in!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast