Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : SystemCrashOverRide

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection : SystemCrashOverRide

So I'm new to the world of more "serious" collecting. I've been a King fan for about a decade and over the years (like many, I'm sure) my collection began with soft covers and has shifted towards more serious collectors territory. The first King I read was a copy of Christine. I devoured it, and to this day it may be my favorite. I've read many better King novels, but it's nigh impossible to recapture the feeling you have as a young teenager being exposed to something you love for the very first time.

So the collection started with any and all copies I could find, specifically soft covers, I did not enjoy the feel of a bulky hard cover in my hands. My how things have changed. Once I had all of the regular print books, it started to look good on a shelf and I thought to myself..."You know, hard covers would probably look a lot nicer than all those beat up paperbacks". That was that, I made a full shift to hardcovers.

Then it was trying to get firsts. Now, it's trying to get gifts and S/L editions. Most of my hard covers aren't firsts yet, but I'm working on that, and I've lucked into some neat items over the years.

Got into Joe Hill fairly early, after he'd only published 20th Century Ghosts and Heart Shaped Box. Met him for a signing in Toronto, and then I got on the Owen King bandwagon more recently with his publication of Double Feature. I've chatted with him via twitter and even received mail from Owen on one occasion.

So without further gilding the lily and with no more ado, I give you my modest collection.

Over view of the book shelf. Yes, I know I should not stack them like this, I'm working on getting more space soon.

And onto the cooler stuff...

Second edition Grant Gunslinger (in rough shape, the original owner signed it and taped the dust jacket up around some tears):

My Bachman Soft Covers :

The infamous "$5 Rage" :

My only Stephen King Signature :

The Joe Hill Collection :

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And the Owen King collection:

What I got in the mail from Owen :

For some reason, I quite like that this says "For Chase", as opposed to "To Chase". Not sure why...

Lastly, I dabble in art a little bit and I'm no Glenn Chadbourne (though, there's some talk we may be related, but that's wild speculation), but here's a Christine painting I've been working on this last week:

That's it so far! But I have some more coming in the mail, and my bank account makes me want to weep tears of blood. So I'm relaxing for a little while. Thank you for looking!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it! Thanks for showing us your collection!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Love it! Especially the owen king book. who can save us now!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection. Keep up the great work!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff Chase (I really like your Christine drawing - you've talent it seems)
    We all float down here!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE COLLECTION !!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Very nice collection. Keep up the great work!
    Well stated. Keep them coming!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

How'd you manage to get a number 1 of JOYLAND? Great stuff!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent collection! You're in the right place my friend. Thanks for sharing.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very Nice!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice! Thanks for sharing.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like the Christine painting! She is my favorite too! Stop by my collecting thread...when I saw King speak in Savannah, I got my 1st signed!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Like the Christine painting! She is my favorite too! Stop by my collecting thread...when I saw King speak in Savannah, I got my 1st signed!
    I've seen it! I would love to get my hands on a Grant edition of Christine, or the upcoming anniversary edition. Just lacking the funds at the moment.

ur2ndbiggestfan
    How'd you manage to get a number 1 of JOYLAND? Great stuff!
    Sheer Dumb Luck!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Great stuff Chase (I really like your Christine drawing - you've talent it seems)
    Thanks BP, I have a lot more intricate artwork to my name, but it's been a while since I last tried my hand at art with any level of seriousness, so I'm slowing making my way back into it.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Thanks BP, I have a lot more intricate artwork to my name, but it's been a while since I last tried my hand at art with any level of seriousness, so I'm slowing making my way back into it.
    Being something of a fan of SK related art, I, for one, would really enjoy seeing more of your work Chase (and not just the King stuff either)
    We all float down here!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great collection! I started like you did: with paperbacks. I am especially jealous of your Bachman paperbacks, signed Joyland, and Joe Hill 1sts!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Got my copy of The Dark Man in the mail today:

Country
    Country Flag

This is certainly a sweet little publication - Glenn Chadbourne's outdone himself on this
    We all float down here!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I wish King would slow down to only half a dozen books a year so I can save some money for food and clothing.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I wish King would slow down to only half a dozen books a year so I can save some money for food and clothing.
    LOL I hear ya, but then again he is down to like one or two "original" novels a year at this time. Problem is all the "Anniversary's" are now popping up!!! LOL LOL It's the "Reissues" that will kill the old pocketbook!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Love it!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

System.......
    I can't believe you actually have Joyland S/L #1, Very cool !!

My apologies for missing your collection thread, they do slip by every now & then

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Groomp will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Very very nice! I was going to get a few of these for my collection, but something came up and I had to spend all my birthday money. :/
    It's been a rough week. (anyway) Keep up the good work! Love that Gunslinger!

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Worthy collection, indeed!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast