Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : SystemCrashOverRide

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Your copy of The Gunslinger by Amereon House is something I have never seen before.
    I do not understand when you say that you ‘like it more than you should’. I took an instant liking to it!!
    Hope all is well Chase. Delightful to see something completely new to me.
    Best wishes
    Alec.
    Hello again Alec!

Amereon Press appears to have purchased the 2003 Plume trade editions of The Gunslinger and rebound them in a "Special Edition" hardcover. I could find very little about Amereon House / Amereon Press, and it's unknown to me how many of these were produced.

I say that I enjoy it more than I should because it's simply a rebinding of an inexpensive edition. That said, I recalled seeing it somewhere online in years past and it was like...a splinter in my mind. I couldn't remember who produced it, and it drove me crazy for a short while. When I finally sussed out the name of the publisher, I felt very vindicated.

There was an "A HA! I knew there was someone other than Grant or Viking who made a hardcover! I knew it!!" moment.

Then I was on the hunt for it. I called many small book stores in the US who had it listed on their site, apparently because it's a rebound edition there are some wonky ISBN numbers for it and it's often falsely stated that it was published in 76. Despite being listed, none of these stores had copies available. I tried...15+ stores to no avail.

In the end I bought my copy off another member here, one of only two members who appears to own one. I messaged both members, one replied, and that's the copy you see there.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    When I saw these pics yesterday that gunslinger looked green.
    Strange, I only modified the image size, didn't make any other changes with colours or filters or any of that.
    I think it was just fatigue. Like the blue or gold dress thing.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I saw these pics yesterday that gunslinger looked green.
    Strange, I only modified the image size, didn't make any other changes with colours or filters or any of that.
    I think it was just fatigue. Like the blue or gold dress thing.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Updated the above to modify image sizing - if they're still too large please let me know and I will try to make them a more reasonable size.
    That's something I often wonder. Does bbcode has a way to resize pictures?
    (edit : seem to be a way : https://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=10 )
    There is a "RESIZE" code. It reduces each dimension of the original picture by a percentage. If you wanted to reduce the dimension by 50% you would use this code without the spaces.
    [ resize="50"][ img]Image URL here[ /IMG][ /RESIZE]

Spoiler:

Here is a sample. The first image is full size. The second is 75%. The third 50%. The forth 25%.

The site automatically reduced the original picture. That is why the ratio to the others doesn't appear to be correct.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Couple additions. Was trying to see if they fit in my new inexpensive photography lightbox. They do (by a hair), but clearly I need a larger one.

And

Last edited by SystemCrashOverRide; 04-19-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations, two GREAT additions!!!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Another AGE for the DT collection, quite pleased with this edition and the slip case. Now I just need to find SoS, Little Sisters, etc.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like that edition as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Now here's something you probably haven't seen...

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Well Chase, if it’s not The Gunslinger, then comes The Plant.
    No clues on the dust jacket or the book.
    Wonderful, however any clues?
    Best wishes
    Alec.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Well Chase, if it’s not The Gunslinger, then comes The Plant.
    No clues on the dust jacket or the book.
    Wonderful, however any clues?
    Best wishes
    Alec.
    Love seeing your comments Alec!

I may never have the funds that some members do for the most prestigious, rare, or collectible books - so I'm carving out my own niche of weird, wacky, and unusual instead, haha.

This is not an ultra-rare or highly sought-after edition. It's a custom print job that I had done. It's almost a 100% clone of another custom print that another collector put together. But I had the text on the spine done in a different colour. I suppose you could say it's a 1 of 1 (or 1 of 2).

Technically, it may be an illegal reproduction. But it was not mass-produced, it is not for resale, and I'll never make false claims about its origins.

I have the files I used to have it printed, but as I did not assemble them myself, I wouldn't feel right about sharing them.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty freaking cool, my man!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Very neat!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Pretty freaking cool, my man!!!!
    Thank you! I certainly think it's a great way to read and enjoy the story, and to have a copy for the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Very neat!
    Thanks!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The dust jacket picture is a very good representation of the story.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I legit had no idea that novel even existed

Country
    Country Flag

Some fun delivered in the mail today:

No luck getting #1 this time, oh so close to 217.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

So that's what the LATER signature page looks like!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! A guy over on the CD forums ended up with #1.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Any chance you have a User Name or link to the thread/post?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG CONGRATS !!!

Country
    Country Flag

The other hardcover edition (unsigned) of Later showed up today. Now I can display both dust jacket variations side by side on the shelf, which is nice.

A few other things should be arriving today or tomorrow that I'm very excited for. Hopefully I'll have more to share very soon!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Any chance you have a User Name or link to the thread/post?
    https://forum.cemeterydance.com/forum/authors-sections/stephen-king/181712-later/page7#post187576

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast