Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Ok so we know Roland's world has moved on....

Gunslinger Apprentice arrawyn is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so i'm new, and i've only just started reading WotC...so this might not be my place to comment on this thread yet (as it might be explained later on in the books) but here's what i've been thinking about Roland's world 'moving on' so far...

I think Mid-World used to be just like our world (with all its technologies, cars, planes, gas stations (i.e. Texaco!) etc). but I think that man/civilization, given the opportunity, will eventually destroy itself (through technology or whatever), and then it has to start from scratch again and build itself up. I think our world has had to do that throughout the history of man as well (think of all the lost/dead civilizations like the Aztecs or Egyptians - highly advanced at that time, but they didn't last and destroyed themselves and civilizations coming after (i.e. us eventually) had to rebuild itself).

It's like our planet after something like a natural disaster - like a volcano say - lava and ash destroys and kills all plant and animal life making the area barren. but eventually life comes back and starts to grow again and start over. so i think rolands world was like ours but then destroyed itself (though leaving bits and pieces - like oil tankers and computers and cars etc) though the people that live now don't know/remember what these things are for and do, and had to start from scratch, and evolved a different, more 'primitive' (i.e. feudal society-like)with different customs etc (but with magic!).

that's my thoughts (so far anyways)... i'll comment again (hopefully) once i've finished the series

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bubrourne View Post
    I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.
    Bubrourne: if you are not a spammer, please post something sensible. If you are, you will be bearmauled. You have 48 hours.

arrawyn: good luck with finishing the series, bears would love to see more of your posts!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubrourne View Post
    I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.
    Bubrourne: if you are not a spammer, please post something sensible. If you are, you will be bearmauled. You have 48 hours.

arrawyn: good luck with finishing the series, bears would love to see more of your posts!
    Gotta appreciate your dedication and diligence, Bears!!!

Many thanks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ETA: Bubrourne has totally revealed himself as a spammer in another thread.

Goodbye, Bubrourne.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4