Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing Darkness w/ Whelan drawing

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Lucky you, except how do you display both sides (imagines matted framed art double sided that is suspended and rotates)?
    I have no idea!. How would you even add a backing to the art?.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Doing what Jerome said you wouldn't.

It's pretty neat damn cool though.

That's 8. I only know of one more person who definitely has one. I'm sure there's others though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Lucky you, except how do you display both sides (imagines matted framed art double sided that is suspended and rotates)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

That's 8. I only know of one more person who definitely has one. I'm sure there's others though.
    As I envision it, the piece would have the same matting on each side. Not a single mat-double, but the same ouside mat color, with cut outs and each piece has the a different smaller mat (can't think of the term, will probably occur to me in my sleep). The frame would have to be double sided, or two same size frames mated to each other. Museum quality glass/plastic on each side. I wouldn't have it "twirl in the wind".
    <-----------Goes to think more of design for an art piece I don't even own.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Or a frame specially designed with remote control and swivel arm that flips it on the wall like a cheesy old horror special effect? LOL

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I think I would have to say Brice's is my favorite. That is exactly what I envision the Walking Dude to look like.
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice no longer owns one.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You sold it!?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes

If you rescue me

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

yes
    Shame, but I guess you do what you have to. My sympathies, Brice!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bill!

If you rescue me

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bill!
    It is still in TDT.Org community? That would be one saving grace!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brice, whilst it is really sad to see you having to divest yourself of some of your treasures, particularly one as spectacular and visually pleasing as this one, I echo Bill's expressed sentiment (yes, Wild Bill, I actually do agree with you on the odd occasion, much as it pains me to do so ) and truly hope that another TDT community member benefits in a positive way from the situation (I have my fingers crossed anyway).
    We all float down here!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As I envision it, the piece would have the same matting on each side. Not a single mat-double, but the same ouside mat color, with cut outs and each piece has the a different smaller mat (can't think of the term, will probably occur to me in my sleep). The frame would have to be double sided, or two same size frames mated to each other. Museum quality glass/plastic on each side. I wouldn't have it "twirl in the wind".
    I have seen double-sided artwork in frames before. The back-to-back matting only has to be the same size, it does not have to be the same color scheme. That is decided by whichever art piece (side) being viewed. The ones I have seen were on tabletop swivel contraptions whereby the stand arm is attachd to the bottom of the frame in the middle and leads down to a sturdy base (like a lamp would).
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thanks Bill!
    It is still in TDT.Org community? That would be one saving grace!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Brice, whilst it is really sad to see you having to divest yourself of some of your treasures, particularly one as spectacular and visually pleasing as this one, I echo Bill's expressed sentiment (yes, Wild Bill, I actually do agree with you on the odd occasion, much as it pains me to do so ) and truly hope that another TDT community member benefits in a positive way from the situation (I have my fingers crossed anyway).
    It is still in the tdt family.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I have seen double-sided artwork in frames before. The back-to-back matting only has to be the same size, it does not have to be the same color scheme. That is decided by whichever art piece (side) being viewed. The ones I have seen were on tabletop swivel contraptions whereby the stand arm is attachd to the bottom of the frame in the middle and leads down to a sturdy base (like a lamp would).
    I'm thinking computerized hydraulics and pneumatics here. Maybe rotate the house with the viewer around the picture?

If you rescue me

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone has a lead on one for sale, please contact me.

Edit: these are the two I own, but I am looking to acquire others.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aren't they yours RF?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Aren't they yours RF?
    Yes, but there are more "siblings" out there and I am interested in them.
    I edited my post to indicate such.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ahhhh nice. Were they sold as a surprise in the book or something?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I would also like one - I bought Brice's Knowing Darkness S/L but he had previously sold his whelan to a member here

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am really trying to track down, Mr. Whelan for the 2015 HF and I am willing to donate a "Knowing Darkness" for this purpose. If anyone has an "in" please PM me!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have his contact info (actually, it's available at his website as well).

Whelan donated several times for the HF.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

Yeah, I tried that. The trick is to get past his wife, Audrey!! LOL Also, I don't recall Mr. Whelan ever donating directly to the TDT.Org HF. Must be before my time and I go back a ways. Of course, that is not to say that I may be mistaken.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola Gay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

Yeah, I tried that. The trick is to get past his wife, Audrey!! LOL Also, I don't recall Mr. Whelan ever donating directly to the TDT.Org HF. Must be before my time and I go back a ways. Of course, that is not to say that I may be mistaken.
    I get the feeling from my trying to get some of his work that he is maybe slowing down work wise... he is BY FAR my favorite artist of all time... Love him.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler kingbooker will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I need to add some Whelan art to my collection. anyone want to sell one of these?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingbooker View Post
    I need to add some Whelan art to my collection. anyone want to sell one of these?
    Welcome to the site. As you can see from post #40, I have been looking for one of the pieces for some time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast