Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolso Finely crafted cases thread

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    another recent one I really like........

I love that! I don't think I've ever seen that one before.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Dolso certainly does amazing work

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone remeber this?? Dick's case just reminded me of it:

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, but I want one!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post

I had forgotten about the case, but I remember signing the book that went into it.
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember seeing that one in his office set up a couple years ago, around the time Discorida came out.
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm too much of a newbie -- Someone tell me the story.....

(That is a VERY cool pic of King!!)
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad you like the cases everyone!

These are a few that weren't sold to anyone here. They might be in my collection thread but other than that probably haven't shown up.

I like the contrast between the dark walnut wood and the silver titling...

the interior is lined with silver cloth..

I'm sure there are Harry Potter fans here. I think this was for a British 'Collector's Set' ?

This is very similar to the "Omar Kayyam" case except it has a label for the title instead of engraving (note the drops of blood coming from the label).
    www.bookslipcase.com

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Blood Lines case is really nice! I love the color of the wood, the font is simple but effective and I really like the sparse and functional overall design.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

All very nice cases Dick!

The story behind that case: Back in the DT.net days there was a project when DTVII was released, we basically sent a book 57,000 miles around the world to any member who wished to take part. Each member reserved a space in the book to write a personal message to Steve King. The case was made by a guy in Canada, I did the original drawing of the Constant Reader in the book and made the sculpture personalised 'For Stephen King' we also had Bev Vincent, Michael Whelan and Rick Berry sign it and write messages and Michael did an eye doodle. It was all packaged up and a really heartfelt letter printed on parchment explaining to King what it was all about was included. Then it was sent to King via Marsha. It was a way for fans to express their thanks to Steve for finishing the DT series and all his works over the years for us the Constant Reader to enjoy. There were a few dramas along the way, one guy, 15 years old, Kevin I think didn't send the book on for weeks and disappeared so we thought it was stolen and gone for good. We hunted him down and found where he lived and threatened to send the police to his house to retrieve the book (the police had agreed to this if I remeber correct), anyway he eventually did the right thing and sent the book to the next person.

When Steve received the package he sent quite a few photos back of him opening the package and reading the letter etc as well as the book, case and sculpture sitting on his shelves in his Florida home and him chilling out in the sun out in the street by his car. He also sent a copy of the then just released Lisey's Story inscribed and signed. Really very nice of him and an amazing result.

The orignal start of this was a book DTVII was gifted to Mandy 'Rebel Girl' by another member as she couldn't afford to buy a copy of the book to read. This lead to her wanting to pass it on to others who couldn't buy a copy to read and so was born the pass it on idea and from this it escalated into 'The Dark Tower.net Book Signing Tour'. The copy of Lisey's Story remains with me as do the photos and negatives as well as a typed letter from King's office. Mandy 'Rebel Girl' was given another signed copy of DTVII to keep and was the first and probably only King signature she ever owned. The DT.net website closed down not long after this project as everything fell apart and Mandy disappeared from the site and became untraceable. I have tried contacting her since to see how she is doing but have not had a reply.

All in all it turned out to be an amazing achievement and I am sure Steve really appreciated what we had done and the sentiment of it all!

I still have all the photos etc if anyone would like to see them but I don't want to hijack Dick's thread with this.

Cheers guys.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to see those pictures, Rachel

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, me too! Maybe start a separate thread, or post them in the DT.net remembrance thread?

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, me three. I wanna see 'em (per Michaël's suggestion)!

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Country
    Country Flag

Hijack away Rachel! I'd love to see them! Also the sig in the Lisey's Story.....
    www.bookslipcase.com

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK not a problem, I'll throw something up on the remembrance thread tomorrow...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's another unique Dolso case...

Obviously, for an Insomnia S/L without the slipcase.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Here's another unique Dolso case...

Obviously, for an Insomnia S/L without the slipcase.
    Very nice Wild Bill
    We all float down here!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just goes to show that "Dolso" is a very nice alternative for a damaged slip/tray case!!! If you can describe it, he can build it!!!

Spoiler:
    I wonder, "If he builds it, will King come"? LOL LOL "Field of Dreams" (sic)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

It is a wonderful case. I did suggest that he "distress" it a little more (AT LEAST THE COVER) and maybe stain it a little darker in order to make the contrasts a little more subtle.

Thoughts?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bad Penny? We really need those detailed pics of the "Wastelands" HF case here!!! One of the more "inspired" HF auction pieces!!!!

In the meantime, if you need a case for your "Salem's Lot" Centipede edition...

Black lacquer, silver engraving, very nice!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bad Penny? We really need those detailed pics of the "Wastelands" HF case here!!! One of the more "inspired" HF auction pieces!!!!

In the meantime, if you need a case for your "Salem's Lot" Centipede edition...

Black lacquer, silver engraving, very nice!!!!
    You mean, like this one (Gift Edition) ??? Or the white one next to it (Limited Edition) ???

We all float down here!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, but you know the case I mean!!!! LOL LOL

BTW, great idea going "white" for the limited.

BTW, purely an opinion, but I believe that cases like these will only add to their value as time goes by. Maybe not in the "immediate", but surely in the "long-term". Craftsmanship rarely loses it's value IMHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

It is a wonderful case. I did suggest that he "distress" it a little more (AT LEAST THE COVER) and maybe stain it a little darker in order to make the contrasts a little more subtle.

Thoughts?
    If it were me I think I would have sculpted it and gone all arty on it giving it a lot of oldy worldy character, but then that's me. What do I know.

Country
    Country Flag

If it were me I think I would have sculpted it and gone all arty on it giving it a lot of oldy worldy character, but then that's me. What do I know.
    That's because you just an 'artsy-fartsy' kinda gal!! Maybe we need to start working on a sculpture of a snarling dogs-head to put on the cover of a "Cujo" case???

Actually, apart from the "Carrie" cases, I do have another sample of your excellent work coming up soon............. but you can't put the cart before the horse -- or the sausage before the eggs -- or whatever........
    www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

This is one of the newest cases I've made. You might have seen a preview of the art in the "Joyland Collecting" thread. Our own Harrison Ryan did this art and is currently working on another drawing so there will be two to choose from. I did this one as a slipcase but the art can be engraved onto either a slipcase or a traycase ... It might be difficult to see in the pic but the spine label is brass lettering on a black background, the liner is a deep blue.

There was some discussion in a different thread that this case contains a 'spoiler' image so I"m putting the pics under spoiler tags -- if you haven't finished the book yet, you might want to be careful about opening this...

Possible spoiler images
    www.bookslipcase.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast