Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolso Finely crafted cases thread

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like both ideas. Think I prefer the shelf with the hole as it puts more emphasis on the vial. Might be a good idea to have a mockup/visual on both so we can see the whole picture. I'm pretty sure bio hazard stickers are easily available online.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

heres a mockup with the solid door idea. The tube could be held on a little clip. I'd have preferred to put the bio sticker on the tube, but cant work out how to wrap textures in this program...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that I see the whole picture, I prefer this option for the tube. Looks great. I think the sticker looks okay there. Can work on the tube too.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stroppy-
    Have you gotten any feedback from Peter on his thoughts about us trying this?

Speaking of the Stand, this is a case done for the Uncut Version.I've done cases for the 1st with the window, but with the Uncut, the window positioning needed to change.

The front window...

Instead of a spine tag, we added some additional info and engraved into the case itself

The owner had the idea of this additional element so we also added a 'window' on the back to reveal Kings 'million mile stare'... I think it turned out great

We used gold coloring for the title on both the lid and on the spine to mimic the coloring of the book itself...
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    I assume there's a way to delete a post but I don't know what it is so....Double post
    edit post, choose delete...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Stroppy-
    Peter didn't comment, i'll ask specifically this time.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Stroppy-
    Peter didn't comment, i'll ask specifically this time.
    Dick, check the Peter Schneider thread. I mentioned some thoughts Peter had when we talked the other day.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the thought that I had for the syringe. This is just a quick edit. I didn't go into near as much detail as Simon. *Disclaimer I didn't do scale this is just a 15min doodle.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stroppy - I think your case is growing legs!!

A couple more pics before I forget. These were the cases for the CD Lettered Edition of Faithful. Each case is engraved/designated with the corresponding Letter of it's book. There were a few 'Publishers Copies' that were engraved with that recipient's name. These were constructed from Ash which is what some/most wooden baseball bats are made of.
    We were going to make an extra to send to Merlin58 because he loves Boston so much but thought that since he lived in such a warm climate, he didn't need any additional firewood.

Although it is shown with SK books, this case was sized for a set of H.G. Wells books. Made of Hickory.

www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another unique and finely crafted piece from the "Wizard of Wood"....

Sorry for the crappy pics, they do not do it justice at all. Made me feel a lot better though!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great looking case, Bill.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Bump!!!
    What? Looking for anything specific?

Added Carrie a couple of weeks ago. Salem's Lot is next. Plan is to having matching, windowed Dolso for each of the "big five".

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    Bump!!!
    What? Looking for anything specific?

Added Carrie a couple of weeks ago. Salem's Lot is next. Plan is to having matching, windowed Dolso for each of the "big five".

Very cool and a great plan!!! Nothing in particular was the motivator. I just love his cases and was hoping for some recent purchases/designs to be posted. He is working on something really special for the 2016 HF that should open a few eyes!!!

I think, what with, "Bad Penny" distributing his collection, by default I became the member with the most "Dolso" cases!!! I must have 15 or so!!! LOL

Edit: Great photo's, Astro!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love Dolso's work.. and have one even but man oh man they take up space eh? I NEED a larger library before I buy anymore!! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agree that Dolso's quality and craftsmanship in this space is second to none.....

Unfortunately, I've never been a fan of wood slip/tray cases. Space certainly is a concern but I prefer the cleaner, slimmer profile of the more prevalent cloth/chipboard construction sold by CD, SKCollector, etc.

Call me crazy....

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want a Dolso case for the sheer craft of it, but think that I'll likely stick to the one that sticks in my mind: 11/22/63 adorned with just the half-dollars that go with the different time-frames to fit the S/L and a Trade 1st. I'm hoping that I can make that happen in 2016 (along with the other projects that are flying around in my head that I'd like to get done).
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm putting a Dolso case on my list for 2016 too. I have a remarqued Cujo that I think deserves the Dolso treatment.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

All this talk of Dolso cases makes me what to plan on getting one next year as well. I'm thinking 11/22/63 as it's one of my favorite King novels.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that 11/22/63 case is a particularly nice one for sure.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that 11/22/63 case is a particularly nice one for sure.
    I have a Dolso with the inlaid silver dollar. AMAZING. I like having one of these for books like that have no traycase or slipcase.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, "Santa" gave me a lovely present and I thought I'd share. I know it's not particularly unusual, but I just love it!

Dolso made it with a striped maple that I think is just gorgeous. A perfect place to store my signed 1st of IT. Thanks again, Dick!!

Country
    Country Flag

I have one of those and LOVE it. I have been waiting to hear back from him for a bit now on a slipcase for my UK IT.... hoping to hear soon!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Love those cases.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love that IT case! I almost picked it up a few months ago even though I didn't have copy of IT to put in it
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast