Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: HE WAS LEGEND RICHARD BURTON MATHESON 2/20/1926-6/23/2013

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Yes, mine is definitely similar to the above photo ^^^ -- golden everywhere but the spine, which has that same faded look. In fact, I'd say that my spine is even more washed out than the above. Looks like it's indeed the nature of the beast; too bad, the cheap ink mars an otherwise nice production.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Not if that was the way the dust jacket was designed. (which seems to be the case.)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok. Mine does have a slight amount of spine fading on the SL version. Another note of interest is that the trade version has blank interior flaps. Is this the case with your version? That DJ is also noticeably darker orange with not even a slight amount of fading to the spine.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Not if that was the way the dust jacket was designed. (which seems to be the case.)
    No, it wasn't designed that way...mine started out (bought new) as one solid color...the spine has faded over time.

Dan, my trade HC (though it is inscribed by Matheson to me) has the text on the flaps...I've no idea what you have there, but I've never seen a dj for this particular volume (and I've handled four examples) like what you show there. The fact that it hasn't faded, either, leads me to think maybe it's a facsimile reprint dj...or maybe a bookclub?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Richard Matheson's Kolchak Scripts.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Dan, my trade HC (though it is inscribed by Matheson to me) has the text on the flaps...I've no idea what you have there, but I've never seen a dj for this particular volume (and I've handled four examples) like what you show there. The fact that it hasn't faded, either, leads me to think maybe it's a facsimile reprint dj...?
    Is yours the Special Commerative Edition?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here.... I only own the trade HC with TEXT on the flaps.

Well that maybe not be the only one.

I have the KOLCHAK SCRIPTS as well, though lack the nice slipcase (traycase?).

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Dan, my trade HC (though it is inscribed by Matheson to me) has the text on the flaps...I've no idea what you have there, but I've never seen a dj for this particular volume (and I've handled four examples) like what you show there. The fact that it hasn't faded, either, leads me to think maybe it's a facsimile reprint dj...?
    Not that I'm aware of. Where would I find that designation?

Country
    Country Flag

I have the KOLCHAK SCRIPTS as well, though lack the nice slipcase.

Where would I find that designation?
    Opposite the title page on mine.

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'm missing an edition.

Ah. No, mine is just the standard trade by Dream Press. Yes, I believe you're missing this edition, the standard trade. Now that you jog my memory, I remember reading something about how that commemorative edition was produced, but I don't recall the details...but it's definitely separate from the standard/stock trade HC.

It sure explains why the dustjacket (without flap text) is different than mine.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I will add this back to my list of missing titles.

Do you have BORN OF MAN AND WOMAN, the 1st HC? That's a missing Holy Grail of mine. Tough to find them in decent condition, given water damage wiped out much of the stock prior to release. That one and the lettered chapbook signed by both Matheson and Vincent Price (THROUGH CHANNELS...I think) are ones I'd sure love to have in my Matheson collection. I almost had the chapbook...I remember when it came out back in '88 and I went back and forth about which to get, and then I cheaped out and went with the numbered. Oh well, live and learn.

Country
    Country Flag

Do you have BORN OF MAN AND WOMAN, the 1st HC? That's a missing Holy Grail of mine. Tough to find them in decent condition, given water damage wiped out much of the stock prior to release. That one and the lettered chapbook signed by both Matheson and Vincent Price (THROUGH CHANNELS...I think) are ones I'd sure love to have in my Matheson collection. I almost had the chapbook...I remember when it came out back in '88 and I went back and forth about which to get, and then I cheaped out and went with the numbered. Oh well, live and learn.
    It doesn't have the best dust jacket, but I'm still pretty happy with my copy. I don't have the lettered chapbook.

Nice -- that's a pretty good copy. Thanks for sharing pics...I'll have to live vicariously for now.

Country
    Country Flag

7 Steps to Midnight

Country
    Country Flag

Other Kingdoms

I'm missing the TOR proof

I didn't care for OTHER KINGDOMS. It wasn't as bad as HUNGER AND THIRST, but it was a disappointment (as most of his Gauntlet trunk novels have been, unfortunately).

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dan...is that the Gremlin from Nightmare at 20,000 Feet?

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't care for OTHER KINGDOMS. It wasn't as bad as HUNGER AND THIRST, but it was a disappointment (as most of his Gauntlet trunk novels have been, unfortunately).
    It's certainly not to everyone's taste. I actually really liked it and have read it three times.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Dan...is that the Gremlin from Nightmare at 20,000 Feet?
    Yes, he's helping keep the page from flipping back over. It looks better than my ugly fingers sticking out.

If I were for some reason told that I had to winnow my library of nearly 3000 volumes down to ten, my S/L HC of Matheson's COLLECTED STORIES would be one of those preserved. Absolutely wonderful collection, and a point of pride in my collection.

Come to think of it, since it's one of my favorite novels of all time, my S/L HC of I AM LEGEND would also be one of those ten.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are the Gauntless Press editions of Matheson's books any good? From what I have seen they are bonded leather with a signature in them. Just curious on the quality and value.

Country
    Country Flag

I recently got this back from the framers. I'm quite pleased with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast