Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: dnemec

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    What's on the other side of that bookmark? Mine is (of course!) still in the shrinkwrap.
    They were randomly signed by King. You better remove the wrap and check!

Jk

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's on the other side of that bookmark? Mine is (of course!) still in the shrinkwrap.
    My cell takes crappy pics, but here you go!

And listen to Merlin--remove that wrap!! It's so liberating to buy a book and OPEN it!!!!!!!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    My cell takes crappy pics, but here you go!

And listen to Merlin--remove that wrap!! It's so liberating to buy a book and OPEN it!!!!!!!
    Gotta be lovin' the Chadbourne art in this one
    We all float down here!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yes, that IS an outstanding drawing.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a few pins, and didn't want them to just sit on the shelf. So I created this! I was hoping it would have come out a bit better, but it serves its purpose--pin display!

Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a few pins, and didn't want them to just sit on the shelf. So I created this! I was hoping it would have come out a bit better, but it serves its purpose--pin display!

That is just way cool mate - really like it a lot
    We all float down here!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post

That is just way cool mate - really like it a lot
    Gotta agree with, Grant on that one!!! Very nice!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's great, considering there isn't much else to do with them.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I think it's great, considering there isn't much else to do with them.
    Yeah, handsome little display case!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE pin collection.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys! Unfortunately, more pins magically appeared at my door this week (magically via ebay, that is), but I think I can squeeze them on!

Lots of Haven swag from SDCC. There is a poster in the tube that I'm too lazy to take out. I probably won't keep it all, but for $14, I had to buy it!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Man I have a lousy memory! Haven is based on what King work again? And it's good, right? If it is I'll rent it from Netflix.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Man I have a lousy memory! Haven is based on what King work again? And it's good, right? If it is I'll rent it from Netflix.
    Great Haven ephemera items there Dez - nice

ur2nd - Haven's based (very, very loosely) on The Colorado Kid - although the only real elements carried over to the series are the newspaper guys, an occassional reference to The Colorado Kid and a whole bunch of oblique references to a few of SK's characters in the opening credits. Personally, once I divorced myself from the King association, I found I really enjoy the series (Season 4 premieres in September)
    We all float down here!

Just added it to my Netflix list. It's number 53 so I have a ways to go before I get to it. Thanks for the recomendation.

Country
    Country Flag

Just added it to my Netflix list. It's number 53 so I have a ways to go before I get to it. Thanks for the recomendation.
    I am always behind on Haven (hooray for the DVR!), but I enjoy it more with each season. And the occasional Stephen King reference that you'd only notice if you are a fan are cool to me! For instance, there was one episode where a little boy was racing his paper boat down the gutter...

Great Haven ephemera items there Dez - nice
    Thanks, Penny!

Country
    Country Flag

Also arrived this week thanks to Cook and an offer I couldn't refuse...

Thanks again, Rich!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

And finally...my deal of the week. The Grant Signed/Limited Edition of The Talisman/Black House.

I picked it up on ebay for $51 + shipping. How on earth am I supposed to adhere to my moratorium on spending when I keep finding these deals?!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 12:25 PM.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That IS a deal! Congrats! The Talisman/Black House gift edition is one of my favorite collectibles.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great new additions, Dez. Congratulations. (That set was a steal by the way).

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also arrived this week thanks to Cook and an offer I couldn't refuse...

Thanks again, Rich!
    My Pleasure
    BTW, Congratulations on the new Howey's !!
    Sorry, just noticed the Howey's are on Tommy's post.
    Last edited by Cook; 08-04-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: error

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Cool new additions Dez (and forget moratoriums on spending - it's a concept foreign to most of us here)

Hey, is the Night Visions 5 the signed limited edition (just curious)?
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Cool new additions Dez (and forget moratoriums on spending - it's a concept foreign to most of us here)

No, it's not the S/L, Penny. That would have totally destroyed my moratorium. This was just a little bend, which is why I couldn't resist! I have a few of the Night Visions, and didn't realize there was a S/L version. (I know, I know, the catalog!)

Country
    Country Flag

No, it's not the S/L, Penny. That would have totally destroyed my moratorium. This was just a little bend, which is why I couldn't resist! I have a few of the Night Visions, and didn't realize there was a S/L version. (I know, I know, the catalog!)
    Hehehehe ... Yeah, I suppose it would have bent the impulse control mechanism, and the moratorium (man, don't I wish the former worked for me and I could impose the latter on myself ) a tad out of shape if you were to have lashed out on the S/L edition ... I'm gonna post my set (the nine issues published by Dark Harvest and the three "resurrection" issues by Subterranean Press) at some point, although, truth to tell, the only real difference between the two is the limitation/signature page. Irrespective, they're a fantastic series, and well worth getting a hold of
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

It's been a slow week for purchases, but I did pick up one book, although it's non-King related.

Don't Turn Out The Light edited by Stephen Jones. This book is #24 of 200 and signed by all the contributors but Hugh B. Cave, including Ray Bradbury, Charles L. Grant, Richard Matheson and Richard Christian Matheson. And I grabbed it for $25 (slipcase was included too, I just didn't like the picture).

Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

One other thing I did do this week is buy a bunch of frames and mats for prints that have been hanging around here for awhile. The order I placed online won't be here until next week, but I did buy one at the Hobby Lobby and frame it yesterday.

I really like this Black House print!

Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 12:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast