Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: dnemec

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats for this supernice Dolso cases !!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice acquisitions, Dez!!! Your Father is quite the guy I take it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why yes, Merlin, he is something! Of course, as we had him visiting for both Thanksgiving and Christmas due to my sister moving over the holidays, I deserved a good present!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here are some more holiday gifts:

I have wanted He Is Legend for awhile. I usually tell my boyfriend that I want books, but am not specific. Here is the one book that I was specific about. I was able to pick it up still in the shrink-wrap on ebay. I am a Matheson fan, a Hill fan, and a King fan. It is just a triple threat! Although it's hard to decide which shelf to put it on...

I also picked up 2 signed (well, 1 initialed) books from Gauntlet during their 50% off sale. 2 more Mathesons for his shelf!

Last edited by dnemec; 08-30-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful, congratulations!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome acquisitions!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice new acquisitions !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys!!!

Country
    Country Flag

And now, a new avenue for my collecting. On a whim, I decided to buy the Waterstones blue Revival, my first UK 1st. I've always liked the UK books, but this is my first purchase. I see much more money disappearing in my future!

And thanks for the awesome book, Simon!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-30-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! And congrats on your first UK! And you're certainly correct on more $$ disappearing! But most of the UK 1sts can be acquired at somewhat reasonable prices. It's just the very early books that are hard to find and quite costly.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the Matheson! Glad to see other Matheson collectors out there. I have over 100 signed Matheson books now and need to update my collection thread.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Very nice! And congrats on your first UK! And you're certainly correct on more $$ disappearing! But most of the UK 1sts can be acquired at somewhat reasonable prices. It's just the very early books that are hard to find and quite costly.
    Thanks, Zelig! You know, this is partially YOUR fault. Looking at your collection thread and cool UK books inspired me. Curse you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Love the Matheson! Glad to see other Matheson collectors out there. I have over 100 signed Matheson books now and need to update my collection thread.
    HOLY SHIT, Dan! Over 100?! That is impressive! I don't even know what to say. I just counted, and I have 17, plus a signed portfolio type thingy. If you have any extras or duplicates, you let me know

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    And thanks for the awesome book, Simon!
    Pleasure is all mine - glad to be of help
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have that blue edge Revival too... it really is a striking book eh?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I'm also pleased to see Matheson represented. While I don't have a collection anywhere near Dan's 100-volume collection, I do have a large number, most signed, and -- ah, what the heck, hold on...let me count.

Okay, looks like I have 42. There're probably another half-dozen or more that I continue to have my eye on, so when all's said and done I'll probably have 50 in the next year or two.

Btw, what did you think of THE LINK? I found it nearly unreadable, though not as bad as HUNGER AND THIRST. Too many of his Gauntlet/trunk novels diluted his legacy, in my opinion, which is unfortunate, but I certainly can't fault either Barry Hoffman or Matheson for putting them out...I just wish they'd been better works. Burned too many times, I still haven't picked up GENERATIONS.

I am, though, looking forward to his (non trunk) double-volume release, BEARDLESS WARRIORS and BROTHERS IN ARMS.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I completely agree that many of the strange releases that Gauntlet put out where very hard to read. They are more for the completest. I, too, cannot wait until The double volume comes out. This is one of his better concepts to have an actual novel then the short story collection. I don't have an opinion on Hunger and Thirst or Generations because I haven't read them. The Link was okay, but not great. His older novels and almost all his short stories are my favorites. I've read all the collected short stories and greatly enjoy them.

Country
    Country Flag

Since we were last posting about Matheson, here's another one. I hadn't seen this one before (perhaps because it's actually not a Gauntlet Press book?), so I picked it up.

Last edited by dnemec; 08-30-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice-looking book! Looks like a Subterranean Press book in mint condition! Congrats!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Very nice-looking book! Looks like a Subterranean Press book in mint condition! Congrats!
    That is exactly what it is! Thanks!!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great. Congrats!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

COOL!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Looks great. Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    COOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    VERY NICE !!!
    Thanks guys!!!

Country
    Country Flag

This one is a P&J for me. Work has been extremely slow over the last year, and I couldn't afford to take the time and expense to go to any of the King signings last fall or this past January. I was devastated, but it was the responsible thing to do. (Being responsible sure does suck.) Anyway, I was able to trade Webstar for a signed copy of Revival from the January signing. I know a bunch of you have them, but I was particularly devastated at not being able to go anywhere last year to get a copy for myself. So it was thrilling to be able to trade a signed book that I had bought at a previous signing and trade it for the signed Revival. When I heard from him that he wanted to trade, it totally made my day, week, and month! Webstar was a treat to work with and is highly recommended!

Last edited by dnemec; 08-30-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the signed Revival, and yes, Kris is A-OK!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast