Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiothread - Radiohead Discussion

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Default Radiothread - Radiohead Discussion

check this youtube video out...

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ukythkK4EPQ"]YouTube - Radiohead - Scotch Mist[/ame]

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Cool video!
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

I love Radiohead and especially Jonny Greenwood's score for There Will Be Blood, my favorite film.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw Scotch Mist when it aired live on the interwebs and now have the video podcasts from it. That and thumbs_down are both good 'casts from RH.

Oh yeah, and the ...Blood score would be better if Smear (a work for Ondes Martenot) were on it as originally planned.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I love Radiohead and especially Jonny Greenwood's score for There Will Be Blood, my favorite film.
    Steve's favorite film is There Will Be Blood? But No Country...

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

This was excellent! Thanks Jayson!

John F. Kennedy goncho is on a distinguished road goncho's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

great stuff!! thanks for posting it...Radiohead is (sharing the title with Pearl Jam) my favorite band

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I love both Pearl Jam and Radiohead...

John F. Kennedy goncho is on a distinguished road goncho's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    you have great taste lady!

John F. Kennedy Sylar is on a distinguished road Sylar's Avatar

I live in a quiet Victorian Seaside town in Somerset, England.
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutly love Radiohead, i have been a massive fan since Pablo Honey. One of the world's greatest musical acts ever in my opinion. This video is great, thanks for adding it!

Sorry for the unrelated comment here * hides in corner* but i see that DT member likes The Fountain (wonder how i got that) and just to let them know that the band i am have a song dedicated to that film. The song name is Ofelia which is name of the girl in Pan's Labryinth but the lyrical content is mainly aimed at The Fountain. If you want to check out the song then you can play it on our site at www.myspace.com/thegaslamp.

The band have released a video for the song "House of Cards" from In Rainbows. The video was not shot with cameras, but with lasers. You can see the results below.

First, here is a message from Thom from the dead air space website (RH's official msg board)...

so as you may know we have completed a video for the song- it has been in the land of google, and now also if you want to download a higher quality version without the internet streaming pixellation squash and enjoy it on whatever screen appliance, click here to download.

it was a strange experience, sitting in front of a lazer in the dark, then emailing back an forth with James the director as he sat in front of computers for a whole month with the amazing technicians who processed the data etc.. but it says something about the song and came out better than i had dared hope.
    Thom
    -----------

Here is the link to the video:

http://download.radiohead.com/radioh...40x480.mov.zip

-----------

An interview with the director...

http://creativity-online.com/?action...ehind_the_work

----------

And finally, a making-of video...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyQoTGdQywY"]YouTube - The Making-of "House of Cards" video[/ame]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/200...ad_chuck.shtml

Radiohead score new Chuck Palahniuk film

Controversial Fight Club and Snuff author Chuck Palahniuk has revealed Radiohead have written brand new music for the soundtrack to the new movie adaptation of his book Choke.

Speaking to 6 Music on the Shaun Keaveny Breakfast Show, Palahniuk explained it all came from his love of the band’s music, saying:

“Clark Gregg, who directed the movie version of Choke which comes out in November, he knew that I’d written Choke while listening to [Radiohead’s 1993 debut album] Pablo Honey, with Creep, over and over and over.

“So Clark got Radiohead to contribute a song; to write a song for the very end of the movie, the final credits.

“Apparently Radiohead liked the movie so much, they’ve written the score, most of the ambient music throughout it. So it’s ‘Choke – with the music of Radiohead’“

When asked if he felt honoured to have such a respected band write music solely for his film, the author laughed, “I quit believing in my own life at this point! My life is just too incredible to be believable anymore. It’s a living dream.”

Banned Diggity Of The Eld is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome. I've heard good things about Choke and I've meant to pick it up. I'm going to have to get it soon and finish it so I can see the movie.

Choke is an excellent book. Like I said in the Chuck P thread, his books are either hit or miss with me, but that one I loved.

I've yet to see the film (can't get out to see movies in the theatre much anymore with an infant at home) but I will definitely get around to seeing it on DVD.

I'm definitely interested to hear what kind of music the band cooked up for the score, especially given how interesting the music is that Jonny did for Bodysong and There Will Be Blood. Of course those were just Jonny and not the full band, but still, if he's involved, it's already got my attention. I am sure I'm far from the only RH fan who had Exit Music (For a Film) in their head while reading this book, so them actually doing the music makes sense to me.

EDIT: So, from what I read, the band contributed the song Reckoner to the soundtrack (it's used over the end-credits) but that's it, no score Apparently Chuck was either wrong or wishful thinking or both when he said that. Oh well.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by goncho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Phew! Somebody at least recognizes this!

you have great taste lady!
    Phew! At least somebody recognizes this.

My Mood
    Worried

(to tune of creep by Radiohead, written by me)

When you were here before
    I knew you would die
    You're just like an angel
    Ka-tet makes me cry
    You float like a feather
    In a moving-on world
    I wish I was special
    You're so fucking special

But I'm a creep
    a gunslinger
    What the hell am I doing here?
    I don't belong here

I don't care if it hurts
    I want to reach the tower
    I want a perfect body
    I'd pay with my soul
    I want you to forget when I'm not around
    I wish I was special

But I'm a creep
    A gunslinger
    What the hell I'm doing here?
    I don't belong here

They're leaving me again
    They're leaving now
    They run run run

Whatever makes you happy
    Whatever you want
    I wish I was special

But I'm a creep
    a gunslinger
    What the hell am I doing here?
    I don't belong here
    I don't belong here

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    EDIT: So, from what I read, the band contributed the song Reckoner to the soundtrack (it's used over the end-credits) but that's it, no score Apparently Chuck was either wrong or wishful thinking or both when he said that. Oh well.
    I just saw your post from a couple of months ago, and got really excited, then I saw this and got a little disappointed. I checked out the soundtrack online and the only Radiohead track they had listed was Reckoner. Oh well. It would have been interesting to see what they would have done.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Default Create Your Own Rainbow & Grammy Stuff

Ever watch a live performance and wish you could change the camera angle? Try it with this live version of "15 Step" from the recent tour of Japan with 12 camera angles from you to choose from.

It takes a bit to load, but it's worth the wait.

http://www.wowow.co.jp/music/radiohead/special/

-----

In other RH news, the band have been nominated for several Grammy Awards for In Rainbows and material from it. For the record (pun intended) I think the Grammy Awards are a complete joke, but still, news is news. I also think the Grammy's should use a straight calendar year, not October 1 to Sept 31 as they do. In Rainbows is a 2007 album, not that I've forgotten about it in any way, but still, I think of it as last year.

Anyhow, the nominations are for:

Album of the Year (In Rainbows)
    Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals (House of Cards)
    Best Rock Song (House of Cards)
    Best Alternative Music Album (In Rainbows)
    Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package (In Rainbows)
    Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical (Nigel Godrich)
    Best Short Form Music Video (House of Cards)

Default Phil Selway: It's not just for drumming anymore

So has anyone wondered what it would be like if Phil Selway ever came out from behind the drum kit and strapped on a guitar and started singing?

Apparently Neil Finn (of Crowded House fame) has wondered that very thing...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=10550623

(EXCERPT)

Radiohead's drummer Phil Selway delivered one of the night's nicest surprises in what was his live singing debut of a rather lovely self-penned song destined for the album.

Here is video from the event...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXbsnQurkL4"]YouTube - Jan 06 2009 - Phil Selway, 7 Worlds Collide[/ame]

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope they win album of the year. In Rainbows is their best yet in a pretty long and impressive career.

Although I find the award ceremonies meaningless and the Grammy's particularly meaningless, they should win simply on the grounds that it's a significantly better album than any it is competing against.

While I like In Rainbows (a lot) I wouldn't personally call it their best album. It is an excellent showing and evidence that they continue to experiment with what their music should sound like. It's still not OK Computer, but it's an excellent album.

Then again, they don't really have an album I dislike, just some I like more than others. There's a song here or there that I don't care for, but OK Computer doesn't have any while In Rainbows does. I think "Videotape" is the most boring song in the history of the band. I am not at all opposed to slow songs. I think "Nude" (which I will always think of as "Big Ideas" since that's what it was called for so many years prior to its inclusion on In Rainbows) is an amazing song. Despite its incredibly slow tempo there is still much going on. "Videotape" is just too sparse to interest me at all. It's just those repeated piano chords with almost nothing else going on. Played live it's even more boring, whereas played live "Nude" was phenomenal. I think a song like "Last Flowers to the Hospital" which was on the In Rainbows bonus disc would have been a better inclusion on the album than "Videotape" but different tastes vary.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I like in rainbows more than any of their other albums because its a quiet album, I feel that Radiohead is at their best when their music is removed from "normal" rock n roll

I actually like Muse Better than radiohead, despite the fact that they (initially) aped theyre sound from pablo honey I think theyve gone beyond them, Muse has Out-Radioheaded Radio head
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Although I find the award ceremonies meaningless and the Grammy's particularly meaningless, they should win simply on the grounds that it's a significantly better album than any it is competing against.

While I like In Rainbows (a lot) I wouldn't personally call it their best album. It is an excellent showing and evidence that they continue to experiment with what their music should sound like. It's still not OK Computer, but it's an excellent album.

Then again, they don't really have an album I dislike, just some I like more than others. There's a song here or there that I don't care for, but OK Computer doesn't have any while In Rainbows does. I think "Videotape" is the most boring song in the history of the band. I am not at all opposed to slow songs. I think "Nude" (which I will always think of as "Big Ideas" since that's what it was called for so many years prior to its inclusion on In Rainbows) is an amazing song. Despite its incredibly slow tempo there is still much going on. "Videotape" is just too sparse to interest me at all. It's just those repeated piano chords with almost nothing else going on. Played live it's even more boring, whereas played live "Nude" was phenomenal. I think a song like "Last Flowers to the Hospital" which was on the In Rainbows bonus disc would have been a better inclusion on the album than "Videotape" but different tastes vary.
    I thought OK Computer had a lot of songs that sounded samey. And the overall sound of In Rainbows is my favorite of their stuff.

You're probably right about the Grammys, though.

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Videotape is a total snoozefest for me, live or studio.

Nude "Big Ideas" was perfect when it was played live on the 1998 tour. The version on In Rainbows is a huge disappointment to me. However, it's still a great song.

For me OK Computer is Radiohead's best album. However, if I could combine the best of Kid A and Amnesiac into one album, it would win hands down for me.

The album "Nude" is just ok. The live versions from 2008 are pretty damn good too. Certainly the one I saw was.

And yes, Kid A and Amnesiac (Kid B) could combine to one great album. Start by ditching "Morning Bell"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast