Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Final Dark Tower collection paperback only?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm glad to see this. I have the Marvel hardcover editions and stopped buying them when they reverted to paperback only releases. I'm glad Gallery 13 is re-issuing them.

(although, to be honest, I don't care for the actual stories very much, and I doubt whether the volumes themselves will gain value as collectibles)

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I'm glad to see this. I have the Marvel hardcover editions and stopped buying them when they reverted to paperback only releases. I'm glad Gallery 13 is re-issuing them.

(although, to be honest, I don't care for the actual stories very much, and I doubt whether the volumes themselves will gain value as collectibles)

HBJ
    I'm pretty much right there with you. I got the hardcovers up through The Man in Black but never any of the TPBs. The Drawing of the Three is my favorite book in the series, so I can't help but buy the new hardcovers Gallery 13 is releasing, but it's definitely one of those cases where I'm aware I'm collecting something just to collect it and not necessarily for the joy of it. I'm torn between wishing they'd continue the comics (The Waste Lands seems like it could be the most adaptable) and hoping they stop so I don't feel compelled to keep buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I don't see Bitter Medicine or The Sailor listed yet, but I have to assume that Gallery 13 will reissue those as well.
    Still no sign of The Sailor, and Gallery 13's own website doesn't list any of the Drawing of the Three HCs. The back of The Prisoner also only shows the first four books. I know it's crazy times right now, and I'm sure I hope we'll see The Sailor eventually, but it'll definitely trigger my mild OCD if something happens and we end up one hardcover short of a complete set.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    Still no sign of The Sailor, and Gallery 13's own website doesn't list any of the Drawing of the Three HCs. The back of The Prisoner also only shows the first four books. I know it's crazy times right now, and I'm sure I hope we'll see The Sailor eventually, but it'll definitely trigger my mild OCD if something happens and we end up one hardcover short of a complete set.
    Amazon shows a complete Drawing of the Three boxset from Gallery 13 coming out in October, so I'm sure The Sailor will be released sometime this summer.
    They've been dropping one volume a month, so it should be out in July based on that schedule.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazon shows a complete Drawing of the Three boxset from Gallery 13 coming out in October, so I'm sure The Sailor will be released sometime this summer.
    They've been dropping one volume a month, so it should be out in July based on that schedule.
    I saw that, but the description also only lists the first four arcs, which is part of what has me scratching my head. The page count of 640 would seem to indicate the inclusion of all five parts though—unless there’s a lot of bonus material.

The lack of any info on their website makes me think they’re probably just really understaffed in that department, so maybe it’s an oversight. I guess we’ll see!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still haven't seen any mention anywhere of The Sailor. The first three HCs list arcs 1-4 in the back, but not the fifth. I haven't received my copy of Bitter Medicine yet, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope that I'll learn anything new there. I tried reaching out to Gallery13 via Twitter and their website but got no response.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    I still haven't seen any mention anywhere of *The Sailor*. The first three HCs list arcs 1-4 in the back, but not the fifth. I haven't received my copy of *Bitter Medicine* yet, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope that I'll learn anything new there. I tried reaching out to Gallery13 via Twitter and their website but got no response.
    I was also looking at the Gallery13 website last week trying to find any mention of The Sailor. The site seems very out of date.
    You wouldn't think a single volume would have a rights issue, but it seems very odd that nothing showing up for the fifth volume.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was also looking at the Gallery13 website last week trying to find any mention of The Sailor. The site seems very out of date.
    You wouldn't think a single volume would have a rights issue, but it seems very odd that nothing showing up for the fifth volume.
    Yeah, a rights issue is the only explanation I've been able to come up with. The fifth arc does have a different artist, but who knows. If we end up one hardcover short of a complete set, it'll be pretty disappointing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2