Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Dark Tower collection paperback only?

Hybrid View

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Final Dark Tower collection paperback only?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785149414/
    Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: Last Shots [Paperback]
    Release date: October 8, 2013 | Series: Dark Tower
    The mentally handicapped young Sheemie possesses the awesome power to shatter the very Beams of the Dark Tower - the fulcrum of existence itself. But Sheemie doesn't want to destroy reality. He is in the prison of Devar-Toi, and all he wants is his friends to rescue him. Roland Deschain is coming for him even now, but Sheemie must evade animal-headed guards and the monstrous Great Old Ones while he waits! Plus: traveling through the Desatoya Mountains, Roland comes across a haunted camp. There, he relives one of his past adventures in which he and his ka-tet were trapped by supernatural enemies. How will the young Gunslinger survive the sinister assault? And how does it relate to his current quest? Find out in this exciting prequel to The Little Sisters of Eluria!

COLLECTING: Dark Tower : The Gunslinger - Sheemie 's Tale 1-2; Evil Ground 1-2; The Fall of Lord Perth 1

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i think they'll do a hardback copy first

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only release on Amazon that I see is the paperback.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope that's just a typo.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon still lists this as paperback

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So does Barnes and Noble.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like no hardcover indeed... Stupid:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=46046
    DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER — LAST SHOTS TPB
    Written by ROBIN FURTH & PETER DAVID
    Penciled by RICHARD ISANOVE
    Cover by RICHARD ISANOVE
    Marvel’s epic DARK TOWER saga concludes! The mentally handicapped young Sheemie possesses the power to shatter the very Beams of the Dark Tower — the fulcrum of existence itself. But Sheemie doesn’t want to destroy reality. Imprisoned at Devar-Toi, all he wants is to be rescued. Roland Deschain is coming for him, but can Sheemie survive animal-headed guards and the monstrous Great Old Ones? Plus: In the Desatoya Mountains, Roland finds a haunted camp and relives a past adventure during which he and his ka-tet were trapped by supernatural enemies. How did the young Gunslinger survive the sinister assault? Finally, how does the Gunslinger’s quest echo the legendary battle between a young Arthur Eld and a towering Lord Perth? Find out here! Collecting DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER — SHEEMIE’S TALE #1-2, EVIL GROUND #1-2 and SO FELL LORD PERTH #1.
    136 PGS./Parental AdvisorySLC …$19.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-4941-5
    Note: This is the first time the below contents have ever been collected. There has been no hardcover of “Dark Tower: Last Shots

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What an odd decision. Sales of the hardbacks must have fallen badly.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Not really, I mean ... it looks like it's only going to be five comics collected.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only bought the hardcover compilations.
    Weren't some of those only collecting 5 or 6 issues?
    Mark Twain

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but they were real story arcs, this is three super-mini arcs.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not seeing a difference.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A bit surprised that they didn't wait for the omnibus to include this.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    A bit surprised that they didn't wait for the omnibus to include this.
    I wouldn't assume that there will even be a second omnibus. If the first one sold poorly, I doubt they'd do a second. Don't get me wrong; I have no clue what sales were like, so I'm merely speculating.

Country
    Country Flag

But it makes no sense for this to not be hardcover.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    But it makes no sense for this to not be hardcover.
    Not unless sales have dipped so badly that it isn't cost-effective for Marvel to release a hardback. That'd really be the ONLY valid excuse, as far as I'm concerned. But I suspect that isn't the case, because if it were, would they have released "Sheemie's Tale" and "Evil Ground" at all? I kinda doubt it.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was just a mistake at first. Will probably have to cancel my preorder.

Country
    Country Flag

This poses a problem for my collection. I have each issue of the series in single-issue format, and then I also have each of the hardbacks, because those are easier to read than dragging the single issues out of their bags/boards.

I have none of the paperbacks, because why would I (what with having the hardbacks and all)? So...do I play a wait-and-see game with Marvel and hope they relent and publish a hardback? Or do I just go ahead and buy the paperback under the assumption that they have no intention of releasing a hardback?

This is a very lame thing to put mental energy into worrying about. And yet...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have all the single issues and only the first two hardcovers. After that the book seem to take a turn into the fan-fic territory and it wasn't worth it to me to get the hardcovers. I kept buying the singles because, heck, I have no life and it's three bucks a month but I wouldn't keep them on a SK shelf because they're not SK.

That said, I can't lie-if every comic book published after the DT omnibus came out was collected in a second instalment, I'd buy it. Not because it's DT necessarily but because I collect deluxe editions and comic book collections.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I have all the single issues and only the first two hardcovers. After that the book seem to take a turn into the fan-fic territory and it wasn't worth it to me to get the hardcovers. I kept buying the singles because, heck, I have no life and it's three bucks a month but I wouldn't keep them on a SK shelf because they're not SK.

That said, I can't lie-if every comic book published after the DT omnibus came out was collected in a second instalment, I'd buy it. Not because it's DT necessarily but because I collect deluxe editions and comic book collections.
    I've got the first omnibus. Very cool. I'll definitely buy the second one if it is published, despite not being all that wild about the actual content.

Traveler Anton_io is on a distinguished road

Hi! Today is Last Shots Release Date - October 15!
    So, is there any news about hardcover?

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe they didn't finish the set the right way. By right way I mean with a Hardcover Edition. It seems like there is always someone that will screw up a collection it is a shame really.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that Gallery 13 has taken over the reprints, Last Shots is finally getting a hardcover release this July.

Amazon listing
    Mark Twain

Traveler fezziwig is on a distinguished road

I think it's the only in Amazon !

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazon shows hardcover releases of the first three The Drawing of the Three collections this year.
    The Prisoner - March 24, 2020
    House of Cards - April 21, 2020
    Lady of Shadows - May 19, 2020

I don't see Bitter Medicine or The Sailor listed yet, but I have to assume that Gallery 13 will reissue those as well.
    Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast