Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PS Publishing to do Thinner and Skeleton Crew in 2014

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default PS Publishing to do Thinner and Skeleton Crew in 2014

This is from the newest PS Publishing newsletter:

The big news this week is we can confirm that, next year (spring and late winter respectively), we’ll be doing special slipcased Anniversary editions of Stephen King’s THINNER (originally published under the by-line of Richard Bachman) and SKELETON CREW. Stepping up to the plate for artwork chores on THINNER is Les Edwards while multiple Jack Kirby Award-winning comicbook artist Stephen R. Bissette is already going hell-for-leather on colour spreads for SKELETON CREW plus art-headers for each story. And if that isn’t quite enough for you, we’re aiming to include Pete Von Sholly’s storyboards for Frank Darabont’s movie adaptation of THE MIST. We’ll be doing updates on these two as we move along—with details of Introductions, Afterwords and signatures as they’re decided, pretty much the same way we’re treating CHRISTINE and PET SEMATARY .
    John

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if Skeleton Crew will include "The Revelations of Becka Paulson"? That'd be cool.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

With all these new and reprint King books coming I'll have to reinforce my bookshelves with steel beams to hold them all.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

With all these new and reprint King books coming I'll have to get a second job.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Need to do The Dead Zone!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Yeah? I thought Easton did it very well. FWIW
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    What is your point? Scream Press did a nice job with Skeleton Crew and Grant did a nice job with Christine and that didn't stop PS from doing anniversary editions of those books..
    As for the Easton Press version of The Dead Zone it was nothing more than a reprinting of the original Viking text block on a different paper stock with an introduction, some cheesy tip-in illustrations and fake leather binding. The Dead Zone is deserving of a true limited edition but a well done anniversary edition would be OK as well.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What is your point? Scream Press did a nice job with Skeleton Crew and Grant did a nice job with Christine and that didn't stop PS from doing anniversary editions of those books..
    As for the Easton Press version of The Dead Zone it was nothing more than a reprinting of the original Viking text block on a different paper stock with an introduction, some cheesy tip-in illustrations and fake leather binding. The Dead Zone is deserving of a true limited edition but a well done anniversary edition would bo OK as well.
    Excuse me. My bad
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with you Bill. I think The Dead Zone has been done pretty well too, and there are other books that I'd like to see get the "special edition" treatment before that one again...

Re Thinner and Skeleton Crew being done in an anniversary edition, I thinks thats cool, cos I don't have a S/L Skeleton Crew (yet) and I'd love to have a special edition of that in my collection...

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering how do contracts for "limited editions" like these work? Do they expire after a while for other publishers to do them? Like if some other publisher wanted to do one for IT, would they have to go through Cemetery Dance?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Just wondering how do contracts for "limited editions" like these work? Do they expire after a while for other publishers to do them? Like if some other publisher wanted to do one for IT, would they have to go through Cemetery Dance?
    That's a good question. I also wonder how these things work. I think maybe "Mr. Mears" mis understood my point. I guess I was more pointing out that there should be a underlying plan for these "Anniversary/Reprints". Don't get me wrong, generally I am all for them especially for the S/L ones that do justice to titles that didn't receive the "top shelf" treatment the first time out. To me, a lot of the more recent releases seem a bit "willy nilly". Of course, I may be missing something and probably I am.

I suppose above all I am as curious about the process as "Cyber" states above is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread