Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Short Story Battle Royale: FINAL ROUND!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Short Story Battle Royale: FINAL ROUND!

128 short stories, one winner! This one is for all the marbles! Choose your favorite short story in the battle below. The short story that gets eight votes first wins, and then we will have a winner. First, a little history on the two finalists:

"Quitter's, Inc."
    Bracket Two, Round One: "Quitters, Inc." (5) defeated "The Other Side of the Fog" (0)
    Bracket Two, Round Two: "Quitters, Inc. (5) defeated "All That You Love Will Be Carried Away" (0)
    Bracket Two, Round Three: "Quitters, Inc." (5) defeated "The Last Rung On The Ladder" (3)
    Bracket Two, Round Four: "Quitters, Inc." (5) defeated "1408" (1)

Bracket Two Championship: "Quitters, Inc." (9) defeated "Battleground" (4)

Semi-Final Round: Bracket Two Champion "Quitter's, Inc." (8) defeated Bracket One Champion "Mrs. Todd's Shortcut" (7)

"The Raft"
    Bracket Four, Round One: "The Raft" (5) defeated "Harvey's Dream" (0)
    Bracket Four, Round Two: "The Raft" (5) defeated "In the Deathroom" (1)
    Bracket Four, Round Three: "The Raft" (5) defeated "Chattery Teeth" (1)
    Bracket Four, Round Four: "The Raft" (10) defeated "A Very Tight Place" (2)

Bracket Four Championship: "The Raft" (5) defeated "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan" (1)

Semi-Final Round: Bracket Four Champion "The Raft" (8) defeated Bracket Three Champion "Graveyard Shift" (2)

FINAL ROUND OVER!

"Quitter's, Inc." (2) vs. "The Raft" (8)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quitter's Inc.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Raft

both are rather good stories, but far from King's best

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"The Last Rung on the Ladder" is probably my favorite story of all time, King or not. It's so damn perfect.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I know. I never liked that one. Then again, my personal favorite (All That You Love...) has never made any contest past the first round

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the bathroom graffiti written down in the notebook. And the ending. The rest of it was just ok to me.

Country
    Country Flag

I have bump the thread where we were supposed to discuss our favorite short stories

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Here goes:

FINAL ROUND

"Quitter's, Inc." vs. "The Raft"

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

"The Raft"

Country
    Country Flag

it wouldn't be too bad if The Raft won. It's a classic, and, like when we voted Shawshank the best film of all times, a compromise that would seem to more or less satisfy everyone.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's what I think, too. The Raft isn't my favorite short story but as a compromise, I can live with it!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quitters.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

This is most definitely a tough one... though my top pick is no longer in the running, both of these are favorites for sentimental reasons.

I think I'll have to go with The Raft!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely The Raft
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"The Raft"

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Raft
    Christine

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Raft

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

FINAL ROUND OVER!

"The Raft" (8) defeats "Quitter's, Inc" (2)

Thanks to all who participated. See you next year! :)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    "The Last Rung on the Ladder" is probably my favorite story of all time, King or not. It's so damn perfect.
    "Big Front Yard" by Clifford Simak is better IMHO, but "Quitter's, Inc." is my vote!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Fuck
    . Missed it. Would have voted for Quitters.

+ Reply to Thread