I'm getting married in June and Annette and I would love to spend our honeymoon in the US. Ideally, we would love to fly to LA, rent a camper/van, visit and camp at a bunch of National Parks, and fly back to Europe from San Francisco. We have about four weeks for the whole adventure.

We planned a quick & dirty route on Google maps, just to get an idea of the total distance. We know that we will probably not be able to visit everything!

We have lots of questions and it would be great if my fellow collectors from the US could provide some input! These are the most important at the moment:
  • How much time would it realistically cost to visit all the spots indicated on the map and get a decent impression of each of them? Would 1-2 days per park be sufficient?
  • What are the best companies to rent a camper/van from? We know Escape Camper Vans, but that's about it.
  • What's the best time to visit this area? We're probably pretty much restricted to June/July but if you tell me it will be uncomfortably hot all the time, we may change our minds.

If you have any suggestions, ideas, tips & tricks (also things that I did not ask), feel free to share!