Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: On being a completist - degrees and how far does it go

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Damn Thats COOL!
    reality continues to ruin my life

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

AS FOR COLLECTING FOR ME I THINK THIS IS AS FAR AS IT GOES.
    Spoiler:

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Both of those are amazing!!! Congrats!! Beautiful Book, and Anchor Bay has some great rare DVD's.

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I do not know much about the rare DVD's, but I do remember the Oldboy copper box set had a lot of buzz around it when it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    I do not know much about the rare DVD's, but I do remember the Oldboy copper box set had a lot of buzz around it when it was released.
    YOU MEAN THIS ONE?
    Spoiler:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No the one with the handmade copper box.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember the box was causing the dvd's to get damaged from rubbing so they offered replacement covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    No the one with the handmade copper box.

DON'T HAVE THAT ONE.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As I previously stated, I set up my own "Rules" for my collection. One of those is that I refused to collect "Faithful". Well I finally broke down...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StZK...e_gdata_player
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Could probably write an essay on this topic. Basically, if it has original writing by King I try to get it. Fiction (novel length and short stories) and non-fiction (introductions, reviews, columns) are equal in my eyes. If it is writing BY King then I collect it.

I've got most all of the published interviews and, in my mind, they are almost like published non-fiction.

I have a lot (and I mean a whole lot) of magazines with articles about King but I don't obsess over them. If they are available and look interesting then I get them on a case by case basis.

The comic books are a no go for me. I felt that I got taken advantage of with the first arc of them...The Gunslinger Born. I bought all of the cover variants and began to feel used. Swore I wouldn't travel that path again. I bought the hardback compilation of American Vampire because it had an introduction by King.

Bob, still waiting on your essay. Would love to read it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2