Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: American Vampire - The Long Road To Hell

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default American Vampire - The Long Road To Hell

Everybody's favorite vampire hunter Travis Kidd—the one who likes to “bite them back”— is making a return in a new "American Vampire" one shot this June from Vertigo.

Co-written by Scott Snyder and Rafael Albuquerque with art and cover by series artist Rafael Albuquerque, "American Vampire: The Long Road To Hell" #1 hits stores this June as a deliciously oversized issue. Tony Moore (of "Walking Dead" fame) provides the variant cover.

Albuquerque is understandably psyched about the book:

“This is my first time writing for Vertigo and it’s a big honor. Once it was decided we would go on hiatus, I approached Mark (our editor) with the idea of doing this special, so the fans could have a ‘taste of blood’ while waiting for the book's return. He liked the idea and we (Scott Snyder, Mark and I) began talking about it.”

He continues:

“I came up with a very rough initial idea, bringing up all the references I thought we should have in the story and then we worked hard on a brand new take on the AV universe — new characters, and the very special participation of fan-favorite Travis Kidd. I’m illustrating this special right now, and I couldn’t be more excited.”

A primal story seared deep into the American psyche, "American Vampire: The Long Road To Hell" is about two young lovers, a stolen car and the open road. Here's the twist: these young lovers are newly turned vampires trying to fight the blood thirst inside them. Worse: travelling trough the American Heartland, they’ve got a pack of angry vampires on their tails...along with Travis Kidd. Can Kidd stop the “Heartbreak Killers” before it all ends in tragedy?
    "American Vampire: The Long Road To Hell" lands June 12. And "American Vampire" fans hang tight: look for the return of the ongoing series "American Vampire" later this year!

Source: MTV
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've enjoyed the series so far, so you can go ahead and mark one of these down as sold.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've only read the first volume of American Vampire. I enjoyed that a lot and intended to pick up the others... but I just haven't gotten around to it yet!

I'm sure I will though.

Traveler jdub is on a distinguished road

This is great news, seems like a long time to wait for the series to return so I'm looking forward to this.

+ Reply to Thread