Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Hugh Howey, author

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Posted this in my own thread, so sorry for double-post, but thought someone might be interested here too.

And starting the Hugh Howey collection:

Wool UK 1/1 Goldsboro identical to the trade HC UK 1/1 but limited and signed and numbered and slipcased 265/500

Wool US 1/1 from amazon(!) - so they really sold first/first - imho the US-version is more interesting due to the classic two colored book-binding, the golden title on the side and the slipcased with a feelable structure on it

Comparison of the two 1/1 editions, the right side is the UK 1/1 trade HC - left US

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Very nice.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still can't track down a US 1st printing. Every bookshop I contact only has 2nd printings. Can anyone help me locate one?

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I still can't track down a US 1st printing. Every bookshop I contact only has 2nd printings. Can anyone help me locate one?
    I am not sure about 1st, but give this store a call and ask.
    http://poisonedpen.com/

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    I am not sure about 1st, but give this store a call and ask.
    http://poisonedpen.com/
    No luck. And no copies on eBay as well. I hate not having bookstores around. I did get a UK 1/1, but I would still like a US copy.

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

THE BOOKSMITH
    1644 Haight Street
    San Francisco, California 94117

TELEPHONE:
    800.493.7323 (tollfree in USA)

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure how many first prints were actually printed. Hugh mentioned Tuesday night that they are already on the third printing. These came today in the mail:

I am getting ready to box the arcs (not the band though) and ship to Hugh to have them all signed. Too bad they arrived 2 days after the Berkeley signing.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Here all my editions of Wool.

2nd omnibus edition signed, UK ARC, UK s/l, UK signed, US ARC, US signed.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I am not sure how many first prints were actually printed. Hugh mentioned Tuesday night that they are already on the third printing. These came today in the mail:

I am getting ready to box the arcs (not the band though) and ship to Hugh to have them all signed. Too bad they arrived 2 days after the Berkeley signing.
    And it looks like the band made it without tearing. Awesome!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was a bit worried - it was sent in a small wrapped bag - almost like a birthday present - but it was in a bag, then wrapped in paper, and then wrapped again - in gift wrap and sent from UK - so I was very happy that they made it intact and looking nice

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Chad ,
    your the bomb for hooking up some of the members here. Really cool of you! If I could give you more positive rep I would but I think I can only do it once per member. says I gotta "spread some around"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Chad ,
    your the bomb for hooking up some of the members here. Really cool of you! If I could give you more positive rep I would but I think I can only do it once per member. says I gotta "spread some around"
    i get the same thing when I try to give you some more

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Sweet set of Wool(s)!

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I just ordered a first/first hardcover from Mysterious Galaxy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    I just ordered a first/first hardcover from Mysterious Galaxy.
    Did you call or do it online?

Online.

Country
    Country Flag

The Mysterious Galaxy website doesn't say they have first printings, so I didn't want to take the chance. I was able to finally track one down from another online retailer, and Chad may be picking up another copy for B&N tonight. I hope the one you get from MG is a first.

They're listed under the signed firsts heading. And MG has never delivered anything but awesome service.

Country
    Country Flag

They're listed under the signed firsts heading. And MG has never delivered anything but awesome service.
    I wasn't looking for a signed first - unsigned 1st's are become hard to find.

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't looking for a signed first - unsigned 1st's are become hard to find.
    I got you covered - B&N had a few - so I picked up 2. I had called them last week so they ordered theirs early.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

They are first printings. I called them before ordering. They also left me a reply stating that my 1st printings were being shipped.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    They are first printings. I called them before ordering. They also left me a reply stating that my 1st printings were being shipped.
    I'm good. I was looking for unsigned 1sts, not signed ones. Chad found me a copy.

Country
    Country Flag

So I got my UK 1/1 edition today. I like it better than the US presentation. Is there anyone overseas who can help me get a 1/1 copy of Shift when it comes out next month? I can take the chance and order one from Amazon or Waterstone's, but there is no guarantee what printing I will get, even if I preorder it. I'd much rather someone get one from a bookshop for me so I can be sure it is a 1/1. PM me if someone can help me out. Thanks.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the pictures of all the paperbacks. I picked up the three Shift ones, but will have to do some looking for the Wool ones. And what a nice guy, dinner, signing and even mailing. Wow.
    Guess I'll take my chances with Amazon UK on the trade Shift; I did get my 1/1 Wool from them.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Thanks for the pictures of all the paperbacks. I picked up the three Shift ones, but will have to do some looking for the Wool ones. And what a nice guy, dinner, signing and even mailing. Wow.
    Guess I'll take my chances with Amazon UK on the trade Shift; I did get my 1/1 Wool from them.
    You can also order direct from his website - you don't have to get them signed - but it is an option.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast