Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hugh Howey, author

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Well I got lucky and got one from abebooks for $50 including shipping. Unfortunately the yellow band tears easily (it looked like most for sale with the band had tears), and mine tore in transit. Recently the ones I have seen for sale have been w/o the band. To me, the band, torn or not, increases the value.

John, not sure how many were made but I think I saw that 200 were made available for the Australian market. I've been looking for a Shift arc but no luck so far. I think Shift will have much less printed due to the popularity of Wool so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Okay wanted people's thoughts on this one - it's an arc of the wool series - 5 books - not signed - seller countered with $250.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wool-Omnibus...item3ccf879270

I don't want to pay that much - but I can get these all individually signed at the event on the 19th - is $200 an okay price? Or still too much?

Thanks

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

His SILO series started it GERMANY
    ...now....12.03.13

http://www.piper-verlag.de/media/9783492055857.jpg

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

One eBay listing stated that there were 1000 ARCs produced but I do not know if that figure is true.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE THIS STORY!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This sounds so good but I'm just not going to be able to collect another author. I will probably just have to pick up a trade PB. Thanks again for bringing this author up.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ok - so I have 5 HC on order (you know who you are) - the store actually has nothing on hand right now for the event - so I reserved 5 copies. The person I spoke with said they should be getting the stock in before the signing (I can only hope) - so I guess this is still pretty low on the radar. Not sure how many HC they were planning on getting for the event either - so these could be first or second printings - will find out that day.

Just got my s/l from Goldsboro in the mail yesterday.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

I am waiting for Goldsboros Wool number 265 and also ordered the Shift, hopefully i get also number 265, i am still waiting for an answer referring this number... 30 Pound seem to be a good deal for this book. Still some available!!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had emailed the people at Goldsboro (I think I spoke with Pavla) - they (not sure male or female) got back fairly quickly and were happy to hold my number for shift

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

My Goldsboro edition #209 arrived today. A very nice edition.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

got my #79

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

I had emailed the people at Goldsboro (I think I spoke with Pavla) - they (not sure male or female) got back fairly quickly and were happy to hold my number for shift
    I received my answer today and they are giving me my matching number. This is absolutly perfect! Goldsboro and Pavla rocks...

I did the same today as well!

Country
    Country Flag

Make sure to sign up for the newsletter - since that is how they'll announce the sale of the final s/l book. But I'm sure someone here will remind us, plus the shift book obviously is taking longer to sell than wool - so I figure it will take awhile longer to sell the last one.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Make sure to sign up for the newsletter - since that is how they'll announce the sale of the final s/l book. But I'm sure someone here will remind us, plus the shift book obviously is taking longer to sell than wool - so I figure it will take awhile longer to sell the last one.
    I think it's taking longer to sell as the first s/l was part of their book of the month club, which would mean they had less to sell to the general public.

Country
    Country Flag

Its funny - I guess B&N was not happy with his book deal - and actually many (most) will not have them in stores for the release tomorrow. I called my local B&N and they had none, nor any planned to have on hand tomorrow. I mentioned he would be in town next week for a book signing and the store manager went and ordered several for the store - should arrive in 2-3 days (one reserved for me). I will check it out and see how much they actually ordered and if they are the first printing (my guess is yes since they were already in the warehouse). On his blog - everyone had the same response that their B&N did not have them but could order and ship to home...

Country
    Country Flag

Just read his blog post and it is disappointing that BN decided not to stock the book.

My Mood
    Devilish

Hi, can someone arrange me an Simon& Schuster Wool 1/1 printrun? Would pay for all costs. Or can someone tell me a good adress where i can buy a definite first printrun? Thanks a lot!

My Mood
    Devilish

Arrived today, 1 day before the official rollout:
    German first printrun of Silo (Wool) by Howey with yellow pagesides!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    Hi, can someone arrange me an Simon& Schuster Wool 1/1 printrun? Would pay for all costs. Or can someone tell me a good adress where i can buy a definite first printrun? Thanks a lot!
    I think the best bet would be to get one from Goldsboro in UK. Those were printed by century (same book as the s/l) - they still have HC (signed). Those should all be 1/1. I won't know about the simon schuster books until I get one in hand (should be at my B&N in 2 days).

Today's Goldsboro newsletter suggests that they are close to selling out the signed limited slipcased version of Shift.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Today's Goldsboro newsletter suggests that they are close to selling out the signed limited slipcased version of Shift.
    Just ordered my copy! Thanks for the motivation!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

sweet - just called the Berkely bookstore today - they had ten 1st/1st HC (they DO NOT say second printing in them) - now they have 5 since they set aside 5 for me. They are ordering more in for the day of the event (plus those that I had special ordered) - but no idea if those would be first printings - but does not matter now.

Country
    Country Flag

VJ Books is selling first/first US (Simon and Schuster) editions here: http://www.vjbooks.com/Hugh-Howey-Wool-p/howwool01.htm

I am pretty sure they ship internationally.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    VJ Books is selling first/first US (Simon and Schuster) editions here: http://www.vjbooks.com/Hugh-Howey-Wool-p/howwool01.htm

I am pretty sure they ship internationally.
    All are "welcome" to participate!!! Occupy!!! Damn the Man!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...nts-etc./page4

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast