Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bag of Bones

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Bag of Bones

Jean, come in here and explain yourself!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, we are waiting.

*taps foot impatiently*
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm waiting too. I loved this book.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

This is one of my top King books. Don't know how anyone couldn't love it.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think one of the reasons I may love it so much is because of King reading the audio book. It was so personal and real!!

I was took--hook line and sinker.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'll have to pick that one up sometime. I read the book ages ago and want to reread it, but I just don't have the time right now. I should just grab the audiobook and listen to that.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its amazing Heather--King is Mike Noonan

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

With so many of you guys whose opinions I respect speaking so highly of Bag of Bones, methinks I should give it another go at some point. Maybe when I finish the Sgt. Pepper book.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes, r of g, give it another try. I personally loved this book.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

with the exception of lisey's story, bag of bones is SK's most relationship driven book and it is dead on and the characters are so real. emmy was the same age as ki when i first read it and the resemblance was uncanny.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    yes, r of g, give it another try. I personally loved this book.
    well if YOU say so Maerlyn, lol

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What? That's not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    What? That's not enough?
    nope, you should beg me to read it matt!
    happy new year gramps!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Jean, come in here and explain yourself!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yes, we are waiting.

*taps foot impatiently*

I'm waiting too. I loved this book.
    the bear was booooooorrrrrrreeeeeed....................

(more details after January 6th)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say that BOB dragged for me. Not quite boring to the point of tears, but my eyes were welling up.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I felt that way about Cell.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I read Cell by the pool in Maui. It was the perfect read for being on the Island in February. Not a great book, but no worry if it got wet at the wade up and sit down bar.
    Not to mention that on vacation I HATED cell phones and left mine in the room.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I really, really was disappointed by that book.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Along the Path of the Beam Lyssa in the Sky is on a distinguished road Lyssa in the Sky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the only reason I liked it so much was because of its connection to the dark tower, that's it, take that out and replace it with something equally as weird and I would have stopped reading mid-book

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I think one of the reasons I may love it so much is because of King reading the audio book. It was so personal and real!!

I read the hard-copy before listening to the audiobook and the audiobook really added to the intensity. It already was (and is) one of my favorite non-DT books. Just reading this thread makes me want to listen to it again.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice KO1 is on a distinguished road KO1's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wrote this book off early on and stopped the first time, but I picked it back up this week and now am on page 500, and its really picking up.

Its very different from alot of king ive read, but i dont think thats a bad thing anymore

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post

I read the hard-copy before listening to the audiobook and the audiobook really added to the intensity. It already was (and is) one of my favorite non-DT books. Just reading this thread makes me want to listen to it again.
    Who reads it? I have to say, there hasn't been a reader I haven't enjoyed yet out of all my books. I liked Bag enough where I would get the audio.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

Who reads it? I have to say, there hasn't been a reader I haven't enjoyed yet out of all my books. I liked Bag enough where I would get the audio.
    Stephen King. The best of them all.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice KO1 is on a distinguished road KO1's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post

Its amazing Heather--King is Mike Noonan

But honestly, the tail end of this book is really solid, it had a hell of alot of buildup, but its one of the best ive read now that im here.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its an amazing ghost story for sure. I just really identify with Mike Noonan for some reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast