Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Short Story Battle Royale: Bracket One, Round Three (8 stories)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Short Story Battle Royale: Bracket One, Round Three (8 stories)

128 short stories, one winner! Choose your favorite short story in each of the battles below. The winners will advance until we have one winner per bracket. There are four brackets. Those bracket winners will then face off against each other. The short story in each of the battles that gets ten votes first wins, that's when voting for that battle will end. You can vote in all, some, or none of the battles, it's up to you. Have fun!

Bracket One, Round Three

BATTLE OVER! 1. "Suffer the Little Children" (5) vs. "The Monkey" (8)

BATTLE OVER! 2. "The Man in the Black Suit" (5) vs. "The Road Virus Heads North" (9)

BATTLE OVER! 3. "Crouch End” (6) vs. "Mrs. Todd's Shortcut" (7)

BATTLE OVER! 4. "The Lawnmower Man" (10) vs. "One for the Road" (1)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My picks:

1. "The Monkey"
    2. "The Road Virus Heads North"
    3. "Mrs. Todd's Shortcut"
    4. "The Lawnmower Man"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My picks:

1. "The Monkey"
    3. "Crouch End"
    4. "The Lawnmower Man"
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

1. "Suffer the Little Children"

4. "The Lawnmower Man"

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1. "The Monkey"
    4. "The Lawnmower Man"

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

Bracket One, Round Three

1. "Suffer the Little Children" (1) vs. "The Monkey" (3)

2. "The Man in the Black Suit" (0) vs. "The Road Virus Heads North" (4)

3. "Crouch End” (1) vs. "Mrs. Todd's Shortcut" (3)

4. "The Lawnmower Man" (4) vs. "One for the Road" (0)
    Votes bolded.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1. "The Monkey"
    2. "The Man in the Black Suit"
    4. "The Lawnmower Man"

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. "Suffer the Little Children"

3. "Crouch End”

4. "The Lawnmower Man"

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bracket One, Round Three

1. "Suffer the Little Children" vs. "The Monkey"

2. "The Man in the Black Suit" vs. "The Road Virus Heads North"

3. "Crouch End" vs. "Mrs. Todd's Shortcut"

4. "The Lawnmower Man" vs. "One for the Road"

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

some more Crouch End votes, please, please!!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1.. "The Monkey" (5)

2. " "The Road Virus Heads North" (5)

3. "Crouch End”

4. . "One for the Road" (0)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why all the Road Virus love, especially against a great story that actually won an award?

Country
    Country Flag

Well, from my point of view (you know how little bears care about what won what) the Road Virus is an entertaining, creepy story full of vitality and morbidity at the same time; while The Man, although interesting, reads like an exercise in fine writing.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

4. "The Lawnmower Man"

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

1. "The Monkey"
    4. "The Lawnmower Man"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump. We need votes. All those that wanted to raise the votes to ten, please go out and find people to vote, thanks!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. "Suffer the Little Children" (3) vs. "The Monkey" (7) don't remember either of these so no vote

2. "The Man in the Black Suit" (3) vs. "The Road Virus Heads North" (8)

3. "Crouch End” (4) vs. "Mrs. Todd's Shortcut" (6) one of my very favorites of his short stories ever.
    Christine

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Suffer the Little Chilren
    The Man in the Black Suit
    Crouch End
    Sloth Love Chunk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

1. "The Monkey" (7)

2. "The Man in the Black Suit"

3. "Crouch End” (5)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Results updated.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bracket One, Round Three is over! Seeing as how the "ten votes needed to win" thing didn't work, we are returning to the five vote system after this. Below are the winners:

1. "The Monkey" (8) vs. "Suffer the Little Children" (5)
    2. "The Road Virus Heads North" (9) vs. "The Man in the Black Suit" (5)
    3. "Mrs. Todd's Shortcut" (7) vs. "Crouch End” (6)
    4. "The Lawnmower Man" (10) vs. "One for the Road" (1)

Bracket One, Round Four will begin shortly. With only five votes needed to win.

+ Reply to Thread